New water block for 7950 GX2!!!

computerpro3 said:
innovatek = aluminum, underperforming, low flow.

:mad:

Its better than the air coolers on the cards. Also no one else makes waterblocks that fit yet. :)

DBZ33 said:
Its better than the air coolers on the cards. Also no one else makes waterblocks that fit yet. :)

except for the fact that I can't use them...

If youre going to run them in a seperate loop, well, then yes, they are def. an improvement.

The whole thing is not aluminum. At least my 6800 block wasnt. The part over the GPU was copper. Personally, I like Innovatek. Not that they are the best performing, but because of their style, and ease of use. They are just very pricey over here in the states. Partst that I used 4 years ago to build a WC setup, are still the same price.

The heatsink is mostly aluminum, but the GPU core component is nickel plated copper (so it does not corrode). I have used these blacks sine the AGP 6800U and they have worked just fine. In fact, aside from the flow, they were as effective as the DangerDen coolers, but are better built, have a good mounting design (DD blocks leave something to be desired), and are much lighter. I used mine to keep a couple of 7900 GTX SC cards cooled to around 33C idle and 37C load. I, for one, will definitely be picking up a couple of these blocks.

Holy crap, 189 euros per card? Thats like $500 for us Quad users.

M.D.K. said:
Holy crap, 189 euros per card? Thats like $500 for us Quad users.

You quad users have already demonstrated that money is no object.....

nobi125 said:
You quad users have already demonstrated that money is no object.....

Yeah, but now imagine paying the price of a third one just to keep the first two cool. The coolers on these cards really, REALLY suck.

M.D.K. said:
Yeah, but now imagine paying the price of a third one just to keep the first two cool. The coolers on these cards really, REALLY suck.

You made your bed, now sleep in it.

It was pretty obvious that the coolers for these gpus were gonna be terrible from the looks of them.

But you had to go ahead and buy FOUR of these gpus :p .

If you can afford Quad SLI and a monitor that actually needs it, I don't think picking up some water blocks is going to put you in the poor house.

Companies realize this, you should be more careful about the messages that your purchases send to these companies.

nobi125 said:
You made your bed, now sleep in it.

It was pretty obvious that the coolers for these gpus were gonna be terrible from the looks of them.

But you had to go ahead and buy FOUR of these gpus :p .

If you can afford Quad SLI and a monitor that actually needs it, I don't think picking up some water blocks is going to put you in the poor house.

Companies realize this, you should be more careful about the messages that your purchases send to these companies.

or maybe you should get a job so you could buy them too :rolleyes:

computerpro3 said:
or maybe you should get a job so you could buy them too :rolleyes:

I have a part time job and am a double majoring full time student

Maybe in a few years I can be as rich as you and afford whatever I want.

It took me a couple years to save up the money required to buy my current computer, including some parts being gifts.

If you'd like I can stick around so you can try to belittle me some more be reminding me that my parents aren't rich and that I have to work my ass off to afford $20k a year for college (and still have to pay off student loans when I graduate) just so some day I can have enough money to buy 4 video cards and then bitch about it when the companies charge me a bunch of money for water cooling even though it's pretty damn clear that I spend too much money on computer hardware as it is.

Sounds like a good time to me :(

nobi125 said:
I have a part time job and am a double majoring full time student

Maybe in a few years I can be as rich as you and afford whatever I want.

It took me a couple years to save up the money required to buy my current computer, including some parts being gifts.

If you'd like I can stick around so you can try to belittle me some more be reminding me that my parents aren't rich and that I have to work my ass off to afford $20k a year for college (and still have to pay off student loans when I graduate) just so some day I can have enough money to buy 4 video cards and then bitch about it when the companies charge me a bunch of money for water cooling even though it's pretty damn clear that I spend too much money on computer hardware as it is.

Sounds like a good time to me :(

I'm 17. Started my own computer networking and repair business and obtained a Connecticut Business License. A+ certified, invest heavily in the stock market. Bought the rig in my sig with my own cash, as well as my car. As for college, I'm currently offered 3 different full ride scholarships for piano performance. I will most likely be double majoring in English, speaking of which my first book will be hitting the shelves within 6 months (on the education system). Don't talk to me about hard work.

In fact, that's excactly why you annoy me; making comments like "you made you bed now sleep in it", and "maybe you should think about the kind of message your purchases send to the manufacturers" is just retarded. The fact is I like computer hardware, and the prices are high. Therefore, I have two choices:

1. Not buy it and watch while everyone else has great fun with it, while trying to be content with being a non-conformist and trying to believe that I'm making a difference in pricing by missing out on all the fun

2. Work hard, suck it up and buy it.

Don't get all pissy with me becuase I choose to spend a portion of my money on video cards. If you honestly believe my purchase has any impact on the pricing you pay, as evidenced by:

Well, your delusional.

And if you're really in such need of cash, perhaps you shouldn't be spending so much money on computers in the first place. Oh wait, you already said that yourself. :rolleyes:

If you honestly don't believe that companies use sales figures to determine the price of other products, you're the dilusional one.

Prices of one item affect the price of an item related, like a waterblock and video card. What you buy doesn't have any effect on what I purchase, unless it's the same item or related.

Anyone that spends a rediculous amount of money on video cards should not have any problems paying a premium to water cool them. If you say otherwise, you're the one without common sense.

nobi125 said:
If you honestly don't believe that companies use sales figures to determine the price of other products, you're the dilusional one.

Prices of one item affect the price of an item related, like a waterblock and video card. What you buy doesn't have any effect on what I purchase, unless it's the same item or related.

What I'm trying to say is that you're a fool if you think it's going to change. The consumers of these high ticket products as a whole aren't going to stick with their geforce mx's in order to stick it to the manufacturers and retailers for charging out the ass (which they do, no dispute there). So that leaves us with two choices, suck it up and enjoy the hardware, or simply not have it. Either way you shouldn't get pissy at other people for their decision. No one is going to stop buying hardware so the prices will go down, it's that simple. Why do you think allstar shop sold out of $1000 pre-orders on the x800xt-pe editions?

Anyone that spends a rediculous amount of money on video cards should not have any problems paying a premium to water cool them. If you say otherwise, you're the one without common sense.

This is faulty logic. To the average person, you spent a rediculous amount of money on your computer. Therefore, according to your logic, you should not have any problem paying a premium for a 30in monitor to realize your computer's potential (which is the only thing watercooling does for the cards).

Of course, the fact that a "rediculous amount of money:" varies from person to person and priority to priority renders your entire argument moot.

computerpro3 said:
What I'm trying to say is that you're a fool if you think it's going to change. The consumers of these high ticket products as a whole aren't going to stick with their geforce mx's in order to stick it to the manufacturers and retailers for charging out the ass (which they do, no dispute there). So that leaves us with two choices, suck it up and enjoy the hardware, or simply not have it. Either way you shouldn't get pissy at other people for their decision. No one is going to stop buying hardware so the prices will go down, it's that simple. Why do you think allstar shop sold out of $1000 pre-orders on the x800xt-pe editions?

This is faulty logic. To the average person, you spent a rediculous amount of money on your computer. Therefore, according to your logic, you should not have any problem paying a premium for a 30in monitor to realize your computer's potential (which is the only thing watercooling does for the cards).

Of course, the fact that a "rediculous amount of money:" varies from person to person and priority to priority renders your entire argument moot.

Well my first post in this thread was talking to someone that was complaining that they didn't want to spend that money on a water block after dropping a grand on video cards. Now this person obviously felt that it was too much money for them....so my argument is perfectly fine for the reason I made it. The fact that you butt in with all your bullshit is irrelevant to my argument.

Send me a copy of your alleged book when it comes out.

Guys, calm down. There really doesnt need to be any of this crap about how you think people should be spending thier own money. I play games, and I like playing with new technology. Thats my hobby, so I'm going to spend a bit more than the average user.

My comment on the block's price was only towards the blocks. That's a lot of money to spend on just a cooling solution, even moreso when you realize that they're a one time deal, as they more than likely wont be usable on any other card, ever. As a recap, heres my opinion: most waterblocks are under $100,and can be reused; a full set of these run five times that and are obsolete in under a year.

And yes, nobi125, I did make my bed when I traded up my 7900gtx's that I had waterblocks for, for these. The prospect of a free upgrade was just too irresistable.

Back