New Warcraft Movie Trailer

Not quite feeling it either. Might be CGI Fantasy burn out.

With that said, I hope this movie does well enough for Blizzard to warrant releasing Warcraft 4.

File under movies I have no desire to see. Well maybe when it comes to Netflix or Amazon prime, but I'm not going to pay $14 (non 3D Silicon Valley movie ticket price) a ticket to see this.

WoW game trailers look so much better.

The only reason I want this to succeed is to get a Starcraft movie

They really should've just done a full cinematic CGI movie rather than this 50/50 crap. Would've been so much better..

I understand the desire to introduce the world of Azeroth, the Orc invasion, etc... but I just really really really wish they had started with a movie about Arthas. It was just a lot more of a compelling and tragic story with a very human element to it.

This actually looks like it might be what World of Warcraft fans want and I can see why they'd want to bring in a sort-of 300ish look. I have have no desire to see it, but then I never did anyway.

Really poor blending of CGI and live action characters, so much so that this looks almost straight to dvd. Also absolutely zero content regarding story, not even any dialogue. My guess is this movie is going to tank, hard.

This hasn't changed my thoughts from the first trailer. I'd be happy to watch a full-CGI version of this. I'd be OK with watching a live-action version of this. I'm not interested in watching a half-assed mishmash of styles as currently presented. It's almost like they took two different directors and creative teams and crunched their stuff together without bothering to have any actual discussions on why/how that would work. The costuming and styles between the CGI and live stuff don't blend at all, IMO.

I actually think it looks pretty good for a video game movie.. Looking forward to seeing this and I have been playing Blizzard games since since the first Warcraft came out.

The still shots floating around where they show various locations from the games as a movie set are awesome. They will probably be working on the CGI right up until the week of release.

This actually looks like it might be what World of Warcraft fans want and I can see why they'd want to bring in a sort-of 300ish look. I have have no desire to see it, but then I never did anyway.

Yeah, any WoW fans here? I never had any interest (actually not enough to run the updated trailer).

Wait? Where's the naked gnome dancing on a mailbox? We've been robbed my friends.

Did any of you watch the Warhammer 40K movie that came out of England a couple years ago?

I was disappointed with that one for sure. I was expecting something along the lines of the quality of the DOW2 Cinematic Trailer and got something entirely .... less.

And I sure spent more than $20 for it.

Did any of you watch the Warhammer 40K movie that came out of England a couple years ago?

I was disappointed with that one for sure. I was expecting something along the lines of the quality of the DOW2 Cinematic Trailer and got something entirely .... less.

And I sure spent more than $20 for it.

I pretty much assume if it's based on a video game it sucks. It'd take great reviews to get me to go see it. I think the last one I saw was atrocious Wing Commander movie and I mostly went because the SW:TPM trailer was playing before it.

The few game-> movies I have seen have not been great. Although, I was amused by Doom. It wasn't a good movie - but sometimes a movie is so cheesy its fun to watch.
I'll wait for this one to show up on Netflix.

I'll prob go see it having been a heavy WoW player in the past, heck I didn't go see the new Star Wars until mid feb lol. Not sure why the whining on special effects, looks up to par to me, we'll just have to see the acting and full story on final.

Wait? Where's the naked gnome dancing on a mailbox? We've been robbed my friends.

It would be great if they had little things like that in the background of the movie as a nod to all the crazy things that happened in the game.

I have played WoW off and on over the years but no desire to go see this. I'll wait.

I actually think it looks pretty good for a video game movie.. Looking forward to seeing this and I have been playing Blizzard games since since the first Warcraft came out.

The still shots floating around where they show various locations from the games as a movie set are awesome. They will probably be working on the CGI right up until the week of release.

Have you ever seen any trailer for a movie where the cgi had improved by release date? You think studios gave people sneak peeks at Avatar or Star Wars in an unfinished state? Thats not how it works. The clips you see ARE the final versions because they need to present the best material they have to entice you to see it.

Have you ever seen any trailer for a movie where the cgi had improved by release date? You think studios gave people sneak peeks at Avatar or Star Wars in an unfinished state? Thats not how it works. The clips you see ARE the final versions because they need to present the best material they have to entice you to see it.

Yes. At events like buttnumbathon they show off movies that don't have finished CGI, don't have finished scores... There have also been trailers where things changed or were tweaked after the first release of a trailer a year or so out. So yes it does happen.

Yes. At events like buttnumbathon they show off movies that don't have finished CGI, don't have finished scores... There have also been trailers where things changed or were tweaked after the first release of a trailer a year or so out. So yes it does happen.

Ok but we're not talking about private invitation backroom only screenings are we. We're talking about publicly aired movie trailers.

I pretty much assume if it's based on a video game it sucks. It'd take great reviews to get me to go see it. I think the last one I saw was atrocious Wing Commander movie and I mostly went because the SW:TPM trailer was playing before it.

It's not based on a video game.

Warhammer 40,000 is a science fantasy tabletop war game set in approximately the year 40,000 AD, created by the British hobby company Games Workshop and first published in 1987.
That would be almost 30 years ago.

Warhammer 40k

The Warhammer 40K movie wasn't shown in theaters that I know of, except maybe a special showing or two in England. I bought it from a special offering online that had a limited run of copies available. I do not know if it is still available for purchase.

Ok but we're not talking about private invitation backroom only screenings are we. We're talking about publicly aired movie trailers.

Actually you asked if they gave sneak peaks of unfinished movies. The answer to that is yes, so we are talking about backroom screening as that is what you asked about in your post.

As for the trailers, the answer to that is still yes also. There are also times where you see a trailer for something say a year or two before it comes out and by then a scene got scrapped or something gets tweaked a little. Now does that mean that something on a huge scale would change? No, but there are times where they hurry up to make a trailer before all the official stuff is done and so they adjust stuff. On a larger scale, Ironman is the only one that comes to mind where they were almost done with everything and the heads of the studio when watching an early cut were pointing out scenes where the CGI suit looked worse than the real suit they were using in a previous shot. The problem is that they were actually complaining about the real suit looking worse than the CGI suit as they did too good of a job on that. So they went back and redid the CGI suit to make it look a little worse to make it equal with the real suit. Now that is probably one of a very small number of times something like that has happen. However there are still times that trailers are shown a year or more out and things change some once they actually actually start doing real effects

It's not based on a video game.

That would be almost 30 years ago.

Warhammer 40k

The Warhammer 40K movie wasn't shown in theaters that I know of, except maybe a special showing or two in England. I bought it from a special offering online that had a limited run of copies available. I do not know if it is still available for purchase.

Ah I just assumed it was based on one of the many Warhammer games (which I guess are all based on the table top game.

Ah I just assumed it was based on one of the many Warhammer games (which I guess are all based on the table top game.

While the US was going nutz on D&D the Brits were loving the Warhammer 40K. Both crossed the ocean long ago.

Every hear of Steve Jackson Games?, I did a little D&D with him way beck when in Lubbock and Amarillo TX. It's a small world.

While the US was going nutz on D&D the Brits were loving the Warhammer 40K. Both crossed the ocean long ago.

Every hear of Steve Jackson Games?, I did a little D&D with him way beck when in Lubbock and Amarillo TX. It's a small world.
No I haven't. I did a bit of D&D back in the day and some superstar baseball, but that's all I recall (aside from stuff like Risk)

Steve Jackson started out like most of us, just another gamer that loved games.

Then he started designing his own, his first were games like GEV and Ogre, and they were called something like "pocket games", small simple, limited rules, usually pretty easy and fun to play, and they were relatively cheap.

His games grew, his business grew.

Steve Jackson Games grew into Steve Jackson Games and now his big titles are the Munchkin series of games, and GURPs, and Ogre is still around.

There is also a British Game Designer by the same name and he was one of the founders of Games Workshop, the people who brought us Warhammer 40K and many many others.

Both have written sci fi and people frequently get the two mixed up or think they are one in the same.

Still looks like contender for most blatant and obvious cgi. Like it actually wants to look like that.

Video games turned into movies all suck..no exceptions. Hollywood has shown repeatedly they don't understand video games in the least.

Video games turned into movies all suck..no exceptions. Hollywood has shown repeatedly they don't understand video games in the least.

You could have said the same thing about comic book movies. Not that they have been all golden in the past few years we've gotten many good things.

I don't have much hope for the WoW movie but Assassin's Creed could be the one. Michael Fassbender is a good actor after all.

Maybe, but there was a hybrid concept that I enjoyed and what's more, I liked the show part more then the game part.

Defiance. I enjoyed watching Defiance.

Back