New wallpaper, whadda ya think?

Tell me what you think of this one
776261sky_planet3.jpg

I like it, but the only thing is the whiteness of the clouds hurt my eyes against that nice dark blue background. Maybe lighten the lens flare a bit and add some stars? Love the concept though.

Ok, well, i started playing around, got the clouds a bit less bright, and then i realized that the inside looks like a bird..very strange, so i just used the Liquify command and brought that out a little more.
091426sky_planet3.jpg

I'm not sure if that trendy comment was sarcastic or not...lol :p

i actually dont like the flare .... its too fake lookign being hard-edged blue and all ... and its not exactly on the horizon. i like the high contrast though for some reason. call me weird

one the 2nd ... omg if u said u made that on purpose you coulda sold it for thousands lol

I like the 2nd one a lot better..clouds don't hurt the eyes anymore and the bird thing looks pretty sweet. Of course, now that MadJuggla9 said it, I just noticed the lense flare...I'd personally go with a less "liney" (yeah I know that's not a word) flare...more traditional type I think, and yeah, its not on the horizon. a possible solution would be to lower the opacity of the flare (I don't use them much, is that even possible in PS?) and use a very low opacity traditional style flare behind it. I hope you know what I mean by "traditional style," as I can't think right now.

But I really like the overall appearance of the img

I just noticed there's a bunny rabbit in the 2nd one too lol

MadJuggla9 said:
i like the high contrast though for some reason. call me weird

you're weird. :)

ok I've edited this too many times, I'm done

siege said:
I like the 2nd one a lot better..clouds don't hurt the eyes anymore and the bird thing looks pretty sweet. Of course, now that MadJuggla9 said it, I just noticed the lense flare...I'd personally go with a less "liney" (yeah I know that's not a word) flare...more traditional type I think, and yeah, its not on the horizon. a possible solution would be to lower the opacity of the flare (I don't use them much, is that even possible in PS?) and use a very low opacity traditional style flare behind it. I hope you know what I mean by "traditional style," as I can't think right now.

But I really like the overall appearance of the img

I just noticed there's a bunny rabbit in the 2nd one too lol

you're weird. :)

ok I've edited this too many times, I'm done

you can lower opacity in PS .... theres an "opacity" slider ont eh top of the layers palette

The lens flare is a little unrealistic looking--which is a shame, because everything else is very realistic and looks very good. There are some good tutorials out there for solar flares, sogive it a try. www.solarvoyager.com have some good tuts, you may check there.

MadJuggla9 said:
you can lower opacity in PS .... theres an "opacity" slider ont eh top of the layers palette

I know that, I use PS all day every day. I'm talking about lowering the opacity on just the flare. I'm sure he's using some kind of plugin since that is not one of the standard flares in PS (or he's not using PS at all). Also, in PS you CANNOT lower the opacity on just the flare...the flare doesn't even work if its on its own layer so you can't do it (unless you merge down, copy the layer, make a flare, lower the opacity and make another flare on the bottom layer - which is a prety lame way of doing it frankly). guess I shoulda made myself more clear last time I posted.

of course I had to play with it and yes, you can just make a black layer, do your flare, then set the layer to "lighten" and then adjust the opacity but personally I think that's still a pretty ghetto way of doing things - if there's something lighter underneath it won't show. There is also a brightness setting which is probably half as good as actual opacity I think.

Ok, well, i was fooling around with more realistic flares, but the picture looses something IMO when i change it. Also, i'm using KPT Effects plugin for it, and yes i could change just the flare's opacity, what i do when i want a flare by itself, i just put a 1 pixel dot on a new layer that exactly matches the layer behind it, that way you can't see it, then i put the flare in. [i never understood why you can't put a flare on an empty layer, lol]. But thanks to all of you for your input, that was my first attempt at something other than what a normally make, which is more dark and sinister backrounds using alot of reds and blacks. And i do see the rabbit now, lol, i didn't see it before....i also see some sort of goat smiling at me. I gotta do clouds liek that more often, its just like finding shapes in real clouds, lol.

blurring it might work. if you do anything, I would at least suggest moving it to the actual horizon of the planet :) I think that might actually help a great deal. Really great work though; I'm thinkin about putting that one on one of my desktops at work..

Back