New Vista beta drivers in the next few days

Just got this in my e-mail.

Dear NVIDIA Customer,

On behalf of the NVIDIA Vista Quality Assurance team, we would like to thank you for your participation and assistance in improving our products.

We are writing to let you know that there will be a new Windows Vista Beta driver release available to download from NVIDIA in the next few days. This is a new driver which will support GeForce 6, 7 and 8 series graphics boards; it does not support GeForce Go mobile GPUs. Please continue to check with your notebook manufacturer for a new driver for GeForce Go GPUs. GeForce FX users should continue to use the v96.85 driver.

The Vista Quality Assurance homepage has up to the date information on when the driver will be available to download, so please continue to check this website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html.

Here is a summary of new features and bug fixes this new driver addresses:

New Features

* GeForce 7 series SLI support
* GeForce 6 series SLI support
* GeForce 7950 GX2 support (both GPUs are now operational)

Key Bug Fixes

* Improved OpenGL performance
* Improved NVIDIA SLI performance at high resolutions
* Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control
* Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled
* Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
* HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
* Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not getting applied.
* Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
* Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.
* Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby
* Call of Duty 2 has no performance gain when SLI is enabled
* Madden NFL 07 while playing the screen will freeze, but the game will continue to run and you hear the in-game sounds.

General application compatibility fixes

* Products Supported
* GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS
* GeForce 7 series
* GeForce 6 series

When the driver is available, please view the driver Release Notes for a full list of bugs fixed, known driver issues, products supported, and operating system and application limitations. NVIDIA will continue to provide new drivers that will fix more known driver issues.

hope this will fix the massice screen corruption that makes vista fucking worthless when i come out of sleep state.

I really like vista but i had to can it since i cany let my monitor turn off after a set amount of time.

I hope they fix the "driver stopped responding" freaking problem.

I really like vista but i had to can it since i cany let my monitor turn off after a set amount of time.

...or you could just continue to use Vista, and simply hit the power button on the display and turn it off when you are done using it. :D

...or you could just continue to use Vista, and simply hit the power button on the display and turn it off when you are done using it. :D

I cant believe how bad my spelling and especially my sentence structure was throughout that entire post. I realize that I could turn off my monitor, but the fact that a simple feature does not work really pisses me off. There are many simple work arounds for my problem, but i should not have to use them in the first place. In all honesty i forgot to turn off my monitor. thanx for the suggestion. :)

I really want hdr+aa to work in oblivion again!

As well as the whole ctrl-alt-delete thing

Sounds liek a good driver release to look forward to... I'm cautiously optimistic about the bit about Flat Panel Scaling since it's been largely BROKEN for lots of people for a very long time - even in the XP driver sets.

*crosses fingers*

That's cool. I wonder if they are going to fix the issue where the fan runs at high speed using Aero.

Sounds liek a good driver release to look forward to... I'm cautiously optimistic about the bit about Flat Panel Scaling since it's been largely BROKEN for lots of people for a very long time - even in the XP driver sets.

*crosses fingers*

+1... stretched games look like garbage

Oh man....I got my keyboard ready to pound out all of the problems that I'll have with my 6600GTs for them :p

I remember the tech guy i sent them to the first time around, back at 83.10, was like "ZOMG WE LOVE YOU. WHERE YOU AT WE GOT APPL PI"

Yeah, and they've been claiming that 8800GTX's work in SLI, and they HAVE NOT.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. :eek: :eek:

I think "a few days" is almost certainly a marketing blunder, don't get your hopes up :)

Hey Ockie,

Thats the thing man... for whatever reason DX10 SLI WAS working for me, for example the Cascades demo. However, DX9 games would lock up in SLI.

So weird.... I spent time doing extensive trial/error testing and this was the case for me.

Back