New Virgin Mobile phone

Pretty damned interesting... Virgin Mobile (Sprint Prepaid) surprises me again just like they did with the iPhone several months back. Before this I would have bet money that we wouldn't see an LTE device on Sprint prepaid until 2014 at the earliest.

It's very tempting if you're okay with using Virgin (really, Sprint) and live in an LTE coverage area. The Virgin pricing is really what will sell it.

For $300, I'd be tempted to get a Nexus 4 on T-Mobile (if your coverage is good) or Straight Talk with an AT&T-friendly SIM. You don't get a microSD slot, but you get more built-in storage, a bigger screen, a faster processor, a better camera and -- most importantly, to me -- fast, long-term updates.

Edit: Also, apparently I've been on the HardOCP forums for exactly 10 years now. Egads.

At the same price, the Nexus 4 + T-mobile prepaid (or GoSmart or Straight Talk) is probably a better option if you don't need that much storage. The only thing this has over it is expandable storage and probably a removable battery.

a better camera

My ass.

The Nexus 4 has one of the crappiest cameras I've seen on an Android handset to date. That's one of the main reasons I decided to keep my GNex. I have to wonder what they were thinking....

SAMSUNG GALAXY VICTORY™ 4G LTE is a nice cell phone. It has a super excellent speed and touch is also fantastic but camera is an average.

Back