New video Card and PSU with old PC

Handcokc

n00b
Hey I'm thinking about buying a Zotac 550 ti (fermi) card and a new 650 watt PSU for a 2006-2007 HP pre built computer. This computer currently has a Nvidia 7100/nforce 630i
and a 250 watt PSU. Now the model number for this PC is a6600f and I don't know if my motherboard on this PC can even handle that video card or if it is even compatible. I know the CPU will bottleneck the video card but im upgrading very slowly so if i can get any input that would be nice. And if you all say it is possible im buying today.

You can use the card, but it wont perform to its best being a gen 1 PCIe slot. You will still notice a huge improvement in video. I have the Galaxy GTX 550 Ti in my machine and am rather impressed with its capabilities. And your CPU probably wont be that much, if any, bottleneck.

Yea I guess hardforum doesnt like the website all i can say is its tiny and the url... is a .com website

Link didn't work for me, but honestly a Corsair 400w is probably fine for any single card machine. I had one powering a 5870, rock solid. 30a on the single 12v btw

Back