New version of MSE coming out

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
Currently in BETA.....just heard of it a couple of days ago. Should be out by end of the year.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft...ntials-beta-available-to-select-testers/11289

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/arc...urity-essentials-beta-registration-opens.aspx

"New features in the Beta of Microsoft Security Essentials include:
Enhanced protection through automatic malware remediation - The Beta will clean high-impact malware infections automatically, with no required user interaction.
Enhanced performance - The Beta includes many performance improvements to make sure your PC performance isn’t negatively impacted.
Simplified UI - Simplified UI makes Microsoft Security Essentials Beta easier to use.
New and improved protection engine - The updated engine offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities."

Running in on my laptop now....it detects your current installation of MSE (if you have it on there) and upgrades it no problems.

How can it be easier to use? The current one is already dumbed down enough for Average Joe lol.

I've always had issues with setting exclusions with MSE on certain files or directories, then come back to see that it may have quarantined or deleted files I did not intent it to do, even after I told to leave everything on z:\*,* alone:(

Simplified UI? guess Ill watch and see how much easier it can get....

I've always had issues with setting exclusions with MSE on certain files or directories, then come back to see that it may have quarantined or deleted files I did not intent it to do, even after I told to leave everything on z:\*,* alone:(

I've never had it bag files that it shouldn't have....haven't seen a F/P with it. AV-Comparatives shows it as one of the lowest F/P rate AVs out there.

What was it chewing up on you that it shouldn't have?

They came out of the gates swinging, and it was a decent product but as time went by, it just seems like they kinda gave up and said forget about it. I use it though, it's good enough for me.

I've never had it bag files that it shouldn't have....haven't seen a F/P with it. AV-Comparatives shows it as one of the lowest F/P rate AVs out there.

What was it chewing up on you that it shouldn't have?

Files I use for "testing". I currently don't run AV on one of my machines as it kept quarantine/deleting files or would not let me copy them off the machine.(eset). MSE would just go nuts no matter what so I hit that dog with a stick. Eset would leave the drive alone.

Speaking of AV not listening, I got eset on my exchange server and it keeps picking up the BE client as a threat/potential threat, I don't remember, once in a while I log in and see the error, I have made the directory and the file exempt but with no love.

Simplified UI? guess Ill watch and see how much easier it can get....

They brought in consultants from fisher price. There are now only 3 buttons, they are a green triangle, blue circle, and red square. It plays twinkle twinkle little star when you start a full scan.

Fellas,

I downloaded the new MSE client, and put it on a few machines.
So far everything is great!

I drink the MSE kool-aid.

Back