New version of Logitech MX1000?

HoodooGuru

Limp Gawd
Amazon has a posting for a black version of the MX1000 at $79.99. It's definitely a different version from the current MX1000 listed at $68.94 (2nd link).

Anyone have any further info on this? I'm tempted to get the MX1000 soon (needing to cash in some certificates), but would be willing to wait if this "new" MX1000 is an update that fixes the supposed "lift & lag" the current one has.

Link 1:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...86756-5523932?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Link 2:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...86756-5523932?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back when they were first released, the MX1000 was advertised on logitechs website in two colours, the blueish one and a black one called "Carbon" or "Charcoal" or something like that.
I was never able to find any retailer that stocked the black one when I was buying though.

*edit* as far as I can see the black mx1000 is not listed on logitechs website anymore...except in the hand of the model at the top of the mx1000 page!*

My feeling would be that for whatever reason the the black one just didn't make it to the retail channel until now, and it's the same mouse.

Yer i'd buy an MX1000 in a second if they fixed that lift&lag bug. I've used my friends one and they're very comfortable but the lag is so friggin annoying.

neuroquake said:
My MX1000 is black and I bought it at Sams.

What price? And do you have the lift/lag issue? Also, is the serial number a LZB or LZC prefix?

I'm curious because I can get one (the old green/gray color) at Best Buy on a $59.99 PM with OfficeMax, totaling $57.99 minus $52 in gift cards.

The net for me would be $5.99. Worth it?

I just picked up the mx1000 the new version im guessing cause its really a laser not and optical mouse. I like it alot i dont feel like i have any lag whatsoever. Really nice feel and what not.My serial number is LZC

I have this one, I got it awhile back, around 1-2 weeks after the MX1000 was released, from costco.

I dont notice any lag or anything, but I cant compare it to the "blue" MX1000, as I havent used one.

Well, I broke down and got my MX1000 for ~$10 at Best Buy after cashing in some gift cards. The new box design prevents you from seeing the serial #, but sure enough once I left the store and opened the box I saw I got an LZB series mouse. Not willing to risk a bad mouse, I went to Sam's Club and they had the old box design (where you can see the underside of the mouse & serial #).

I got lucky, because they had one LZB left, but 8 LZC models behind it on the shelf. So, I got the LZC and set it up this morning. Works like a charm.

To note, I CANNOT recreate the lift & lag problem. I've seen the mpg video of this problem on another forum (Anandtech maybe?), but I CANNOT get this LZC model to lag whatsoever. So far, this is a GREAT mouse. I have yet to fire up HL2 deathmatch because I need to install the Logigamer software (great freeware BTW).

Very pleased so far. More to report. I might even try setting up the LZB mouse and seeing if it has the lag problem.

Let me toss some more confusion into this thread :) i bought mine from sams club about 3 weeks after they were out, i got a LZB, its black and has no lag issue.

My LZC model (from Sam's Club) is also "black", though it's more like a dark charcoal pearlescent. The other LZB model (from Best Buy) has more of the bluish hue to it.

Well, it looks like my new MX1000 is a definite keeper! It works GREAT in HL2 DM, especially with the Logigamer button binding software. But wow, is this mouse sensitive, yet in a good way. It will take some time to get used to it, however. It fits my hand much better than my old MX500, which worked well for me.

I have firmly concluded this MX1000 has no lag whatsoever. I simply cannot make it lag at all. Looks like the Sam's Club LZC models are indeed the 'improved' ones.

Any others with similar results?

Back