New Ubisoft DRM. Will you buy a game that uses it?

Will you buy UbiSoft DRM enabled games?

• Yes, I'll still buy ubisoft DRM games on the PC or doesn't bother me

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • No, I won't purchase anything that uses it

Votes: 125 84.5%
  • No preference/Indifferent

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
Nope. Won't buy anything that uses it. And yes, I actually would've bought Assassin's Creed II.

Same

I own the original Assassin's Creed on steam and absolutely will not buy AC2 while it has DRM like this. I own loads of games and I'm happy to pay for games, I think people should be rewarded for their hard work.

They're simply making a product that I don't want, there are other games I could be buying and by lowering the quality of their game by introducing features that put me off, I'm going to spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

I'm not making fun of anyone just of the situation, these little sessions we do here and on other forums around the net get us nowhere when people cave and buy the game anyway but by all means please continue the chest thumping.

In the short run you may very well be right, but the long term damage is potentially quite significant, everyime this happens it drives more people towards piracy, it's like marketing for pirated games.

Haha yeah it's a hilarious farce what's going on, but it wont be in 10 years time when basically no development studio can make money because they've taught an entire generation of gamers that pirate versions of their games are better than the legitimate copies. That's going to be an incredibly hard thing to un-teach people.

No purchase for me. Of course, it helps that Ubi doesn't make anything that I am that interested in. :p

Hell no! I refuse to buy AC2 even on consoles now. Shame because I was really looking forward to it. But their DRM + 60 dollar price tag on PC = GTFO.

You could wait a year, if that, until they patch out the DRM as well as other bugs and buy it at a cheaper price. Look at Far Cry 2. It's not like I'm a huge fan of Ubisoft games anyways and there is plenty to play in the meantime.

This will be another mw2 type of deal where by everyone yells really loudly and tries to scare the pub/dev into thinking their sales are gonna be really hurt. ya........................

Ummmmmm.........
Then the game comes out and most of the people who yelled the most/loudest all buy it. With of course some holdouts, gotta remember them principles.

I'm not making fun of anyone just of the situation, these little sessions we do here and on other forums around the net get us nowhere when people cave and buy the game anyway but by all means please continue the chest thumping.

I think there's enough people with internet too poor to smoothly play the game that Ubisoft will have a bit of shit storm on their hands when it comes out. How big that shit storm will be, I dont know. I know I CAN'T buy the game because my internet is too crap, and there would be others. Broadband still doesn't have complete enough coverage for this sort of DRM to work properly.

But unfortunately the main base of players are your average gamers who probably wont even notice the sticker on the box or the warning on steam saying you have to be constantly connected.

Though MW2 was a much bigger and more addictive game, the majority of Ubisoft games, like AC2, will be far easier for gamers to sweep under the rug thanks to this DRM, especially since its come out so long after the Xbox and PS3 versions.

I'm really looking forward to splinter cell. When I get burned out of bc2 and feel like something new, ill buy it (especially if it goes on sale) and then if for some reason the drm prevents me from enjoying it, ill just look for a workaround. Bottom line, installing a legit copy then finding a solution is no more hassle than dling a pirated version and applying the same solution.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm really looking forward to splinter cell. When I get burned out of bc2 and feel like something new, ill buy it (especially if it goes on sale) and then if for some reason the drm prevents me from enjoying it, ill just look for a workaround. Bottom line, installing a legit copy then finding a solution is no more hassle than dling a pirated version and applying the same solution.

I agree. I'm more than happy to buy, as always, and once I've done that I'll have no reservations about doing whatever it takes to make the item I paid for more convenient and user friendly to my tastes.

I wont be purchasing anything that requires a constant active internet connection for the next 5 years or even more. I just enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and there will be many times when I don't have an internet connection or access to a constant/affordable internet connection. All this new DRM is going to do is really just save me money I can just spend on Warhammer 40k or something :D

Back