05094 BH-5
TMD7608f8e44b

so does this mean i got bh-5?
man for 104 shipped for a gig im fuckin stoked

edit:
ordered from newegg and delivered from edison nj
just a heads up
i dont have a camera, i would love to take pictures for yall

man cuoldnt even wait, just put in my dfi socket a and its at 230 fsb 2,2,2,5 at 2.9 volts(actually 2.88)
windows loaded fine aint test it out yet though

good times i tell ya

(cf)Eclipse said:
mine is old school bh-5.. made in week 46 of '03. it owns :p

Yeah, but it's Kingston! We TwinMOSer's dont have time for you Kingston and Crucial guys :p

holy crap, 512mb BH-5 sticks for $50 a piece. I rember seeing these damn things selling at $400 a gig back in the day :D. Are the TMSP variety guaranteed to get bh-5 or is this just luck of the draw?

(cf)Eclipse said:
230mhz is decent for 2.9v, i'd aim for ~260-270 with 3.2 to 3.3v :D
Damn, I bet my RAM could probably do 230mhz at 2-3-3-10...
Too bad I am lazy...

RAM is rated at: DDR400 2.5-3-3-7

well these sticks are reacting better to volts than my old hyper x 3000.

i just got home now and no errors in memtest.
9 hour run

currently at 3.1 (3.08 actual ) on an ultra infinity at 245 fsb 2,2,2,x

and they were 48 dollars a stick
dont get no better than that

Baker_God said:
holy crap, 512mb BH-5 sticks for $50 a piece. I rember seeing these damn things selling at $400 a gig back in the day :D. Are the TMSP variety guaranteed to get bh-5 or is this just luck of the draw?

TMSP is mostly CH-5. which is still really good. Just a few people got lucky and recieved BH-5.

Borgschulze said:
Damn, I bet my RAM could probably do 230mhz at 2-3-3-10...
BH-5 does not scale with timings, the difference between 2-2-2-5 and 2.5-4-4-8 is almost never more than 5MHz. I have even seen people get LOWER max freq's with looser timings on BH dies.

Baker_God:
Luck of the draw. The SP has been CH-5 before, and there is still a good chance of you getting these chips. Nothing wrong with that, CH-5 is almost as good as BH-5 except that it needs higher volts to achieve similar speeds.

Also remember the general rule for BH-5: 10MHz=+0.1V. If you're getting 245 on 3.1V, there's no way you'll get 270 on only 3.2V. Going for DDR540 will probably take 3.4V, and may even take 3.5. As always, make sure you have enough cooling on your RAM- heatspreaders are horribly over-rated, the recommendation is at least a 60mm fan pointed right at your DIMMs.

Do the heat spreaders actually do anything?
I am very curious as to what chips are on this RAM...

Yes, they preserve your warranty and pique your curiosity.

Oh, you meant thermally! ;) No, they don't.
Heatspreaders only double the surface area of the memory chip, and there is a layer of thermal tape in between the chip and the metal which actually isn't all that great at transferring heat. In fact, there is some evidence that heatspreaders hinder the dissipation of heat because of this.

Just remember, you lose your warranty if you expose the dies.

Exciting, damn, they're so hard to remove...

EDIT: The chips just say..
OCZ
X4P560840A-50

...and now we keep our fingers crossed and pray that the mighty Eclipse revisits this thread soon! :)

Edit:
Unless I'm mistaken, OCZ rates these as CL2.5 at DDR333. That doesn't sound like BH/CH to me, but I'm fairly new to indexing RAM. Eclipse may have better news for you.

mavalpha said:
...and now we keep our fingers crossed and pray that the mighty Eclipse revisits this thread soon! :)

Edit:
Unless I'm mistaken, OCZ rates these as CL2.5 at DDR333. That doesn't sound like BH/CH to me, but I'm fairly new to indexing RAM. Eclipse may have better news for you.
OCZ bins these at DDR400 2.5-3-3-7...
I run it at DDR400 2-3-3-10.

EDIT: Anyone wanna buy Aluminum OCZ stickers? :D

EDIT 2: Pictures.

Picture%2026.jpg

Picture%2027.jpg

Okay, I need some more practice at this.
I found those chips referenced at ATI's site:
256 MB OCZ333256P 2.5 8 32M X 8 OCZ X4P560840A-50
512 MB OCZ333512P 2.5 16 32M X 8 OCZ X4P560840A-50

Yep, you were right- found another place that has the same chips in some OCZ400512P.

mavalpha said:
Okay, I need some more practice at this.
I found those chips referenced at ATI's site:

Yep, you were right- found another place that has the same chips in some OCZ400512P.
Well of course I was right! :)
The SPD says those timings and so does the sticker that was on the heat spreader.

mavalpha said:
BH-5 does not scale with timings, the difference between 2-2-2-5 and 2.5-4-4-8 is almost never more than 5MHz. I have even seen people get LOWER max freq's with looser timings on BH dies.
i'm one of them. cas1.5 is the same as cas2, but cas2.5 = :(

Borgschulze: relabled :( :p

and for the record, no heatspreaders > heat spreaders. think about the surface area. would you rather cool a flat peice of metal that is connected to the heat source with a poor thermal conductor, or cool a quite variated surface directly?
any of you who have taken much in the way of thermodynamics will know the answer :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
i'm one of them. cas1.5 is the same as cas2, but cas2.5 = :(

Borgschulze: relabled :( :p

and for the record, no heatspreaders > heat spreaders. think about the surface area. would you rather cool a flat peice of metal that is connected to the heat source with a poor thermal conductor, or cool a quite variated surface directly?
any of you who have taken much in the way of thermodynamics will know the answer :D
Yeah I took the heat spreaders off, I touched the Heatspreader when the computer was on for a while and it was pretty warm, touch it without the heat spreaders when its on and it was actually cool.

So what IS this RAM?

I wouldnt be glad about getting BH5. I would be glad about getting YOUR BH5, since the new BH5 is on average worse than the CH5 clock for clock (latency-wise. Though thats probably because reviewers dont know how to tweak their memory beyond Tcas-Trcd-Trrd-Tras, heh). But yours seems to be doing quite well with mid voltage. It's too bad you're held back by an nForce2 :(

well it passed prime overnight
at 240x10 at 1.65 volts to cpu core.
8 HOURS prime and was still runnin so i sad fuck it.
3.0 to the memory and 1.9 to chipset.
i had a little coolermaster fan blowin on them.

heres what the sticker says on my twinmos.
i posted what the memory chips say on my earlier post.

p/n: M2G9J16A8APPFF0811A4T
MODEL NO:M2G9J16A-PP

honkee said:
p/n: M2G9J16A8APPFF0811A4T
relabeled BH-5, no question :D

and baron.. i think you managed to get awesome sticks or something :p
the thing with CH-5 is that it keeps on scaling.. and scaling. BH-5 needs less voltage to begin with, but doesn't scale quite as well

my two new twinmos sticks arrived today
and guess what
they're bh-5 as well

so thast 4 bh-5 sticks i bought for 200 bux

this is a hot ass deal folks

How fast are you guys getting your BH-5 sticks up to? I got two of them and they'll do 1.5-2-2 @ 225Mhz with one stick in but for some reason with both in they aren't very stable though.

Found this thread when googling more information. I took it at face value when I was told that SpeedPremium PC-3200 was CH-5 and bought two from newegg a while back. I've run them for quite a number of months now without realizing (eg too late to return them even if I COULD return them just based on that) until just a bit ago when I was moving my memory and decided to write down the numbers while I had them out and I noticed that the chip clearly said BH-5 on it.

Right now I have a board that can only provide up to 2.8V, so I can't really push them, but, the reason I'm dissapointed is I was planning to get an OCZ memory booster later and see if I couldn't get lucky and just happen to have one of those UTT CH-5 sets that can manage all the way up to 275MHz with high voltages. With UTT BH5, I'm probably lucky if I get 250. I'm not really sure if I still want to spend the nearly $40 for that thing, especially since it's pretty rare that I actually DO get lucky when it comes to overclocking and such (hey, just look at my CPU, most people see 2.7, even 2.9...) It'd be just my luck if I spend nearly half the total cost of my memory on such a tool and get it no higher than 225 or so...

Anyway, my experience so far has been that, at 2.8V, I've been able to get it up to a maximum of around the epxected limiation of 216MHz, give or take (as far as I know, these are essentially some of their DDR433 chips relabled, perhaps because they just need to get rid of excess production) at stock timings. Lowering to 2-2-2-8 results in a maximum around 209MHz (accounting for the occasional clock skew, this really is a 5MHz difference, as was earlier mentioned.)

Liquid_Cooled said:
TMSP is mostly CH-5. which is still really good. Just a few people got lucky and recieved BH-5.
I'm under the impression that CH-5 UTT dies are better than BH-5 UTT dies (which are not the original "BH-5"). Mine does pretty well, but I think the BH-5 didn't scale as well with more juice, something to do with the wire length I think, they may be on two different processes.

As far as hot deals go, this shit was being sold at newegg for about $75 refurbed, shipped.

That was months ago.

I think mine was about $85, but still, it does well.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's still around.

Here's a picture of the culprit:

Well, I probably didn't have to remove the serial number from the image, but, I thought, just in case after all. ^_^

Once I thought about it a bit more, I realized that this can't be the DDR433 relabled after all. It must be chips that failed the higher tests they run on the DDR433. The DDR400 has to pass at DDR433, and the DDR433 has to pass at DDR450. My memory at least won't go past DDR433 with any real stability. This leads me to believe they must be chips that failed to meet their specs for the 433 and they decided to just stick those wasted chips in a lower end module rather than tossing them in the trash bin. Makes sense anyway. In other words, we're getting the lower end UTT BH5 chips from the start. Someone feel free to prove me wrong. Really, I won't mind. *sigh* Anyway, it is true that you don't know what they'll do when you give them more power. It may turn out that they still go up almost as far with enough voltage?

EDIT: BTW, in case it means anything of value, mine are week 09, year 05. At least, according to the SPD info gathered by CPU-Z.

sounds like a memory leak to me. I had one recently... I closed some processes (itunes, ipod) and the leaking stopped. so uh, yeah.

CRatliff said:
sounds like a memory leak to me. I had one recently... I closed some processes (itunes, ipod) and the leaking stopped. so uh, yeah.
Huh? Was this posted in the wrong thread?

Nazo said:
Here's a picture of the culprit:

Well, I probably didn't have to remove the serial number from the image, but, I thought, just in case after all. ^_^

Once I thought about it a bit more, I realized that this can't be the DDR433 relabled after all. It must be chips that failed the higher tests they run on the DDR433. The DDR400 has to pass at DDR433, and the DDR433 has to pass at DDR450. My memory at least won't go past DDR433 with any real stability. This leads me to believe they must be chips that failed to meet their specs for the 433 and they decided to just stick those wasted chips in a lower end module rather than tossing them in the trash bin. Makes sense anyway. In other words, we're getting the lower end UTT BH5 chips from the start. Someone feel free to prove me wrong. Really, I won't mind. *sigh* Anyway, it is true that you don't know what they'll do when you give them more power. It may turn out that they still go up almost as far with enough voltage?

EDIT: BTW, in case it means anything of value, mine are week 09, year 05. At least, according to the SPD info gathered by CPU-Z.

i have the same week/year as yours and mine do 250mhz @ 1.5-2-2-12 on 3.4v

so im pretty happy with them and id like to get 2 more sticks that would play nice with them

That's what the UTT BH5 is supposed to do at their best. UTT CH5 at it's best will actually go all the way up into the 275MHz range. Probably 275 is a bit on the rare side mind you, but, the point is, even higher than UTT BH5. At any rate, I guess this means there's a chance mine were made around the same time, so maybe I can count on 250 from them whenever I have enough money to spare to buy the memory tool, but, unfortunately, that could be a long time.

Why did you raise the last number to 12 though?

it doesnt really make much difference what value that number is at

i think some joker around here was running his at 0 for a while

anywhere from 8-12 should be just fine

u can always benchie it to find out whats best...but its not really worth it cuz the difference is gonna be tiny

i hear it uses d43 now, but that might be a lie. also, ch-died UTT is gone forever, so all thats left is BH-died utt. luckily i got mine already, in the form of redline pc3200/4000's (or atleast they are acting like they are pc4000's :D ). 275 is a bit optomistic, but not unseen. also, ch and bh are on two different processes, 130nm and 175nm, meaning that the bh will need more voltage to do higher speeds.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
also, ch and bh are on two different processes, 130nm and 175nm, meaning that the bh will need more voltage to do higher speeds.
yup, but on the other side of the coin, bh needs less voltage to get the initial 2-2-2, and can take higher voltages without dying. it's all about tradeoffs :D

this thread is still alive?
ive sinec sold all those twinmos bh sticks and stickin to/looking for old kingston hyperx bh-5's
I have the most luck with those!
:)

old kingston hyper-x bh-5 is some of the best. if your looking for old bh-5, i might be able to help you, drop me a pm. right now im liking my mushkin Redline pc3200. its like the pc4000, ddr500 with 3.2v. cant beat it for the price.

ya and i still have that ballistix stick i need to rma
i dunno about the crucial rma process, since i dont have an invoice or anything!
wonder if i could just email them and they would issue an rma.

the old kingston pc2700 value rams(bh-5) kick the most ass.
250 fsb at 3.4 volts at 2,2,2 rocks for the price

Back