New TV, what to look for? Need advice

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm in the market for a new lcd tv and was wondering if there was anything specific that I should be looking for? I have looked at a good amount of TVs and seen numerous specs, but it's all gibberish to me :confused:. I am most likely going to hook up my computer to this tv as well for some gaming action if possible :D

I was browsing through geeks.com earlier and saw a few TVs that had good prices, but as I said, I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for. Brands, response times, contrast ratios, etc

http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=MON <= That's what I was browsing through earlier for 37"+ 1080P TVs. Much cheaper online than locally especially with free shipping.

Thanks in advance for any comments and/or suggestions that could lead me in the right direction :).

*Mods, if this post is in the wrong section I apologize and would like it moved to the appropriate section. I wasn't sure whether to post here or in Gen Hardware.

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a new lcd tv and was wondering if there was anything specific that I should be looking for? I have looked at a good amount of TVs and seen numerous specs, but it's all gibberish to me :confused:. I am most likely going to hook up my computer to this tv as well for some gaming action if possible :D

I was browsing through geeks.com earlier and saw a few TVs that had good prices, but as I said, I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for. Brands, response times, contrast ratios, etc

http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=MON <= That's what I was browsing through earlier for 37"+ 1080P TVs. Much cheaper online than locally especially with free shipping.

Thanks in advance for any comments and/or suggestions that could lead me in the right direction :).

*Mods, if this post is in the wrong section I apologize and would like it moved to the appropriate section. I wasn't sure whether to post here or in Gen Hardware.

Hi, SaViOr-,

A great resource is the LCD Flat Panel Displays forum at avsforum.com. You can start with "the 'help me choose an LCD' thread."

Hope this helps.

Chuklr

Back