New Toy: EMC CX3-20 SAN

3one5

Gawd
Brought this home a few weeks back. Still haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

SAN_1.jpg

SAN_2.jpg

It won't win any sequential performance benchmarks, but the CX3 is still a capable frame. It is, however, quite different from more recent series (CX4, VNX) in that it tops out at FLARE26, and the newer Unisphere management interface is completely different. Technologies such as thin provisioning, pooling, automated tiering, SSD caching, etc. are not supported by virtue of FLARE version. If you're intending to use it to learn EMC, just be mindful of the fact that modern frames are vastly different in terms of interface and features.

It won't win any sequential performance benchmarks, but the CX3 is still a capable frame. It is, however, quite different from more recent series (CX4, VNX) in that it tops out at FLARE26, and the newer Unisphere management interface is completely different. Technologies such as thin provisioning, pooling, automated tiering, SSD caching, etc. are not supported by virtue of FLARE version. If you're intending to use it to learn EMC, just be mindful of the fact that modern frames are vastly different in terms of interface and features.

Roger that. I have a CX4-120, CX4-240 and a VNX at work that I can play with too.

Is that just a Disk Array Enclosure (DAE) ?
Are the caddies empty, and what connector are they? FC?

I was wondering if you can use these with out emc s/w.

Back