New to watercooling - First Loop look ok?

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
Excuse my shitty autocad (errr I mean paint) edit's. I'm going to attempt my first water loop after years of using AIO's, and having spent months watching beginner and how to video's from Jayz, & By IFR Desgins. Does this look like a decent setup? I'm going to order the EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 PWM D-RGB – Plexi. I know that the reservoir is overkill, but I just like the look of the larger reservoir, and this one has the embedded pump. I don't plan on doing any bends as of yet, first I don't have access to a heatgun, and 2nd I'd like to get some experience bending the tubes first. So only fittings and straight cuts I'll include in the loop. Where you see the blue, I'm going to order 45 bends, and the green will order connect fittings. I guess for the CPU, I have those as green but I'll have to order 45 degree connectors. Unless I go straight up about an inch or two for extra clearance and then 45. Let me know what you think. Currently housing everything in the R6 case you see. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Also, will be sticking with PETG tubing, clear. I'm going to order a tube cutter as well as the deburning tool.

water.jpg

dazmode.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good, cant see any issues with the loop. Are you sure the rad will give you clearance at the top of the board?

Looks good, cant see any issues with the loop. Are you sure the rad will give you clearance at the top of the board?

I was wondering the same thing, but I think the clearance should suffice, if not I'll mount it all in the front.

Well? How's it working?

I've built a few loops but no hardline yet. Much more of a PITA, but also looks really good.

Got all the parts picked out, ordering from Dazmod's up here in Canada. Took a while to figure out the different fittings I'd need, first time WC can be overwhelming, I binged watched Jayz2cents and Designs by IFR videos for the last few weeks. I'm not going to get into bends just yet, so I'll stick to straight cuts and just use some extra fittings. Probably going to order the stuff next week, I'll post back with some pics when it's done.

Honestly bends aren't that hard unless you obsess over every tiny kink and end up trashing otherwise good cuts, then it gets very expensive and wasteful fast. I was like that during my initial hardline build last year but after getting experienced, I was able to redo 3/5 bends in my system recently to accommodate my 2080 ti and it took probably 45 minutes total vs hours the first time around.

I plan to go back and redo some of the old bends from last year since I find it pretty easy to do now. Best bet is just buy a bunch of petg and dive right in and don't be afraid. The heatgun itself isn't expensive at all so I wouldn't let the small cost of that stop you.

PS use fine grit sandpaper and a deburring tool like this rather than that ugly red knob a lot of tutorials recommend. You will get far cleaner ends. Also use a small pipe cutter tool like this one.

Last edited:
Back