New to VR

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently picked up a rift bundle for $140 and came with everything in box (headset, 2 touch controls, and 2 sensors). Are there any good exclusives for the rift? What's the best way to clean the headset?

I noticed I get outside light from the nose area on the face foam. Is there a foam attachment that I can attach that can make a better seal? What kinda accessories are you using with your rift?

Welcome! Lone Echo is great....the Online Arena portion is a blast.

I clean the lens with a microfiber cloth and mild dish soap. and try to do that minimally as possible. I bought a photographer lens cleaning kit, a brush, air puffer.

It is normal for light to shine from the nose area....I use it to get me back in the center of where I am playing. But there are fixes to close that off. They make many accessories for new face seals.

I have the 6ft extensions for the HDMI/USB on the headset....the cords are just slightly too short, and it limits my range when I am in the middle of the room.

I have a bunch of screen cleaner for my tv, will that be ok for the lenses?

I have a bunch of screen cleaner for my tv, will that be ok for the lenses?

I would think it would be okay, but be careful I think those lens are coated and are plastic...some recommend not using alcohol based cleaning substances.

I would think it would be okay, but be careful I think those lens are coated and are plastic...some recommend not using alcohol based cleaning substances.

The cleaner says it's deionized water and proprietary polymers.

I recently picked up a rift bundle for $140 and came with everything in box (headset, 2 touch controls, and 2 sensors). Are there any good exclusives for the rift? What's the best way to clean the headset?

I noticed I get outside light from the nose area on the face foam. Is there a foam attachment that I can attach that can make a better seal? What kinda accessories are you using with your rift?
I clean mine with distilled water and a microfiber cloth, and keep it in a helmet bag from one of my motorcycle helmets. If you bought this used, it might be a good idea to just replace the face foam thing. You can get new ones from Oculus. I get light through the nose area in mine, too. My solution is to turn the lights off, but replacement face foam things do exist that are more like the plushy one the HTC Vive comes with.

Lone Echo is the best Oculus exclusive I know of, but Robo Recall is great, too. I think Robo Recall may not be an exclusive anymore, but it was for a while. It's great, if silly, as most VR games are.

Back