New to the Xbox One Scene...

YeuEmMaiMai

Extremely [H]
OK I essentially got my console for free due to a gift card that I got when I purchased my TV and since I wanted a 4K Blu-ray player, this was too good to pass up...

Question is what are some fun relatively long single player games that I can play with it.

I have already downloaded my entire XBL arcade collection into it...

one question that is more technical related has to do with the XBOne and my TV a Samsung 4K set that does HDR but the XBone 1 does not seem to be able to detect it through the Yamaha RX-V 679 receiver? Funny thing is that the TV can properly ID the console on the other side of the receiver...

Some of these aren't necessarily long, but most of them are priced anywhere from $15 to $30 new. Plus most of them have had Xbox One X Enhanced/4K updates:

Bioshock: The Collection (3 games in 1)
Forza Horizon 3 (X Enhanced)
Gears of War 4 (X Enhanced)
Halo 5 (X Enhanced)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (4 games in 1, will get X Enhanced Patch soon)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (X Enhanced)
Titanfal 2 (X Enhanced and DIRT cheap. Sometimes $12 new. Worth it for the campaign alone)
Quantum Break (X Enhanced)

In regards to the HDR question, I'm not familiar with that receiver (and I didn't look up the specs), but does it for sure support 4K and HDR. Plus not all HDMI ports are the same on a single receiver. For example I know on some receivers they'll have 5 or 6 HDMI ports, only half of them will support HDCP 2.2. Make sure you're using a good enough HDMI cable. The one that came with the Xbox One X, which maybe you have going to the receiver is fine, but the cable going from the receiver to the TV is the culprit. I'm just taking a stab in the dark. I'd also see if the firmware on your TV and/or Receiver are up to date. Sometimes Microsoft's 4K and HDR troubleshoot page suggests Click Here to View.

Yamaha indicates pass through on all 6 HDMI ports. I did connect directly to TV via HDMI 1 and 3, (3 is the port that allows for remote device control) and no change... I am researching it now to see if there is a setting I must change.

One very nice side feature is that my TV remote has control over my Xbox One S...even though the Yamaha receiver is between them...

I have BIOSHOCK on PC so no need to get that one.. Might do the Titanfall2 deal

I've found most TV's have some setting you need to enable to display HDR content, usually under some "deep color" setting buried in the options menu. It's also possible the receiver won't let the HDR content through for some reason (though I doubt it).

I just went through the same issue with mine. the tv was set to some legacy 4k mode by default and the Xbox didn't like it. i changed the port on the tv to 4K at 60hz with HDR and it started working.

Related question (HDR) - is there some way to enable/disable it in the Xbox One X's Blu-Ray player app? As or right now the app automatically triggers it on my TV no matter what. Even playing normal Blu-Rays sans HDR content. Is there some way to adjust that? What about movies that support multiple forms of HDR? Is there an in-app toggle somewhere? The menus lack anything that I can find.

Yeah I use my PS4 for a DVD player since the one with my VCR doesn't read all disks. I have a Backup DVD player and Blueray player called the PS3. If that breaks I can Hot Coffee my Nintendo Wii somehow.

Yeah I use my PS4 for a DVD player since the one with my VCR doesn't read all disks. I have a Backup DVD player and Blueray player called the PS3. If that breaks I can Hot Coffee my Nintendo Wii somehow.
Too bad the DVD player in the PS4 is region locked. It won't even play region-free disks.

Back