new to the Mtnduey family

Mtnduey

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2013/Nov. 2014
picked up a 2600k yesterday from Frys with their $250 i7-2600k deal, couldn't pass it up...I'm weak....

but now to find the rest of the system! woohoo!

Z68 or P67....prob Z68

hw pron to follow tonight!

Congratz on the new addition.
What ya going to name it?

last night I kept finding myself stroking the box and calling it my precious, and while it may not be the one ring it's for sure a good boost for my home folders

Heh. After a bit of absence, I've started folding a bit again...and I'm already eyeing new hardware for it. :p

Z68 or P67....prob Z68
If this is for a folding system, it's probably not worth the extra expense of a Z68 board. The additional features won't be useful to you, and overclocking potential is no better than with P67.

If this is for a folding system, it's probably not worth the extra expense of a Z68 board. The additional features won't be useful to you, and overclocking potential is no better than with P67.
but it might, and yeah I will stress might as there is a bit of speculation involved, have a better resale value when he decides to upgrade but that will likely depend on how long he keeps it as well.

Higher resale value, but higher initial investment, and generally speaking, the increase in resale value will be less than the increase in initial investment, so he'd probably lose money in the end. I don't think it's worth it.

Higher resale value, but higher initial investment, and generally speaking, the increase in resale value will be less than the increase in initial investment, so he'd probably lose money in the end. I don't think it's worth it.
Unless he doesn't have a discrete GPU to put in a p67 board. Z68 also allows for better power saving compared to using a discrete GPU.

This is for my personal workstation at home so it'll be split duty folding & whatever when I'm not on my laptop.

I ended up going with a Z68, the one I wanted was the same price as a P67 so I figured why not.

Debating what to do with my old 780i and Q9650 now, might sell the CPU and put one of my misc 775's in there to make it a GPU boxen.

lol I've got no willpower this week. just ordered a Galaxy GTX 560 Ti to take advantage of the $190 AR price

Hi honey...well you didnt expect me to use OLD hardware in my NEW computer did you? It could....uh....cause a rip in the space time....something...

Here is some softcore HW Pr0n
*edit* pardon the fuzzy pic, hands were a bit jumpy after mowing the lawn and seeing the boxes on the doorstep :)

Still waiting for these to arrive:
  • Sanyo Denki San Ace and Yate Loon fans to arrive (not sure which I'm gonna use, depends on noise/performance ratio)
  • Galaxy GTX 560 Ti
  • Blue-Ray Burner
  • More HD's

5741644902_7c61dd1a21_b.jpg

That BIOS wants you to touch it. I guess that stroking your precious is ok with it.

Back