New to overclocking - i7 3770k on asrock z75 lga 1155

Mosie100

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone,
So I'm very new to overclocking -- the only experience I have is just unlocking the turbo boost on my non k CPU that I had prior to this.
I'm going to take some screenshots of what I see in my bios.
But on CPU ID it is currently reading 3.9ghz max.
If anybody can help me walk through the process that would be fantastic I really appreciate all of the help!
Thanks!

Here's what I see:
IMG_7148.jpg
IMG_7149.jpg
IMG_7150.jpg

What I would do 1st is set the voltage to somewhere near stock 1.25v, set the LLC or load line to 1 turn fans up to full speed and boot. See what temps your getting in core temp and see what voltage it reports(some boards are funky with voltage). This is while running some benchmark/stress app.

Note this info. If the temps are higher than 80c you need to turn the voltage down or get a better cooler.

Then remember more speed at the same voltage means more heat.

Soo then if your temps are good, try for 4.2ghz and try to boot and run benches. See temps and voltage.

Basically if your way off, it won't boot. If your slightly off it will boot and start the stress test and crash. Either way means you need more voltage or less clocks

When you get to a place where clocks and temps are where you like, then try to run stress test for a few hrs to make sure it's stable. If it fails you have to add voltage, lower clocks, ext. This is when you may play with some other voltages to see if it helps also

Last edited:
Also your last screen shot you can manually put the voltage in that it says on the left since sometimes on auto while over clocking it can raise them for you giving more heat.

The ram voltage can likely be set at 1.5v if your not OC your memory(yet). Do memory OC and cpu separate

Back