New Thermaltake H.S. and new AS3 for FX = COLD AS ICE!

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Im running my FX at 112X200 for 2400 MHZ all day long at 41C/104 Degrees full load at 1.6Volts, i just got the THERMALTAKE SILENT Boost HJeatsink and put a 80MM YS Fan and the new Artic Silver Ceramic componud on it and it dropped my temps 10 Degrees which is fantastic, time to set my computer back to 12.5X200 for 2500Mhz, i also have some benchies with my 36.7 GIG Raptors in raid, if someone can host my PICS i will start posting all of my tests. Thanks guys.

The silent boost sucks ass. Good you got ceramique, it's a nice paste.

Hey enjoy did you know that ive had 3 heat sinks for my FX and this is by far the best, the big difference is the AS ceramic and bigger fan, and by the way you dont have a FX cpu so for you to just pass judgement and call it ass is ridiculos.

this sint the first OC on a new athlon i have seen and i'm kinda curious...whats it run idle with the other sinks and did you get it retail with a sink too?

instead of getting 3 shitty heatsinks and blowing 60 bucks, why not just get one great one? Or even better, grab a cheap watercooling system.

Ive ran watercooled systems and a Vapochill before, but i aint gonna put either of those on my FX, gonna wait for my Prometia to show up. Never messed around with one of those before. With the stock Heatsink and Fan i would run around 45C to 50C full load, overclocked to 2400mhz [email protected] with Stock H.S. and fan it was around 48C to 52C full load. Its chugging away now. I am more impressed with the speed of the 2 SATA 36.7Gig raptors in Raid, i installed windows in 6 minutes, i need to get off my ass and post my images instead of relying on someone else to host em lol

All hard work brother, sometimes 7 days a week for 4 weeks straight, not like i do anything at work but im still there for 3 to 5 hours at a clip lol. I think just for fun im gonna benchmark my old VooDoo 2 card in my FX system in 3dmark that outta be funny.

I'm biased against Tt. I had a volcano hsf a few years ago whose clip busted apart while I was fragging. HSF fell off, chip fried, video card fried (because the HSF fell on it). The clip must have had a flaw in it, and just cracked apart.

That pissed me off a whole bunch, and I've never bought another Tt product.

Yaa i agree with you that that Heatsink was ass, but the new heatsinks are foolproof for the FX, its similiar to the P4 setups, you cant crush the core and it goes on in 10 seconds or less

i also have a TT silent boost and i think it gets the job done quite well

2600+ @2.31 w/ 1.85 volts

full load 45-50C(room temp changes as day progresses)

Stiffy what fan are you using? Did you replace the fan that came with the heatsink, i did because it only moves 27.3CFM i believe.

don't worry duder, the silent boost is great. I far prefer the clip method it has over a screw-on.

So why did you get the silent boost if you just replaced the fan? The fan is the best part about the silent boost. If you wanted an all copper heatsink with no fan, why didn't you just get the slk900a and slap on a fan?

Originally posted by Marcdaddy
Stiffy what fan are you using? Did you replace the fan that came with the heatsink, i did because it only moves 27.3CFM i believe.
nah, im using the stock fan and it does the job well

Back