New Tesla Roadster Up Close and Personal

Is this supposed to be a dig? Welcome to the future. Why do you need a tachometer when there's one gear? Why need a speedometer at all? Oh right, to mentally masturbate yourself while you rev your 'engine.'
Wow. I will let you know sir, when I masturbate in my car, it is not mentally. :ROFLMAO:

That said, there is every once in a while you might want to be able to see some gauges.

Simple exterior is nice, simple (overly so) interior is not. The roadster was set as a "performance" car, there NEEDS to be a static instrument cluster in front of the driver, and the F1 style wheel? Really? You telling me that this car has a steering response rate to be maneuverable enough on the street? These work on the track because moving around parking lots and making U turns are not something F1 cars do. And if you did up the steering ratio enough to be usable, it's going to be a twitch monster on the highway.

Whaaaaat?

veQZu5yh.jpg

Is that Trans Am GTA in the background? Looks like one I had, years ago.

No, that is my 1986 Trans Am that I was putting an LT4/T56 into.
front_drivers.jpg

86_ta_lt1b.jpg

I never finished the Trans Am, ended up selling it to a friend who stripped the parts off of it to use on his Camaro.

I bought this 88 Formula and started working on this one and the Trans Am just sat in the garage till I sold it.
acu4-oct05.jpg

I sold the Formula in 2016 due to my disability and lack of employment, so I have no vehicle now.

Last edited:
You go into controller settings and change the sensitivity.

I mean maybe they have some really wild variable ratio speed-based steering magic they pulled out, otherwise I agree with you, and even then that steering "wheel" isn't something I'd personally want. Is it going to have a KITT voice pack talking at you too?
Doesn't seem like it has variable ratio steering:

58:20, seems to rotate the steering wheel 360 degrees.

Doesn't seem like it has variable ratio steering:

58:20, seems to rotate the steering wheel 360 degrees.

Yeah that's just dumb then, that was 360° in one direction so that would be minimum 720° lock to lock. No way that'll make it to production.

Back