*** New system on the way...pics incoming ***

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
It's about damn time I had something to post for you guys after being gone for waaay to long.

I've been doing a lot of work with DogHouse Systems over the past few months and am going to be spending a great deal of time overclocking/benchmarking a couple systems to aid them with component integration. As far as I know what's on the way today is an 875K based system sporting a pair of HD5770's and a number of other odds and ends. Anyone who's been around here more than a couple years should know what to expect already but aside from posting pics of the system build I'll be documenting my "journey" as I push the 875K to it's limits and monitor crossfire/single card performance scaling along the way.

I should have a tracking number sometime today and I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. There'll be a thread going up in the Overclocking and Cooling forum once I start documenting my progress but for now I'm psyched just to be able to get back to work and give back to our [H]ard community that was responsible for me getting to where I am today.

Stay tuned! :cool:

danggg. sounds like a really good system! ill bookmark this thread and keep watching it

The hardware should be shipping out today...things got busy on DHS's end but I'm looking forward to detailing the whole process and should have a tracking number soon. :)

Finally...the packages (a total of 79lb of hardware) are 1 province away as of 5:30pm yesterday. Maybe, just maybe they'll get here today!

Don't you worry...this deal has been in the works quite awhile and I'll be taking a healthy amount of pics for this thread before I start a new one to record/display testing results.

I can see in a face value sort of way where you're coming from but I'm trying as much as possible to make my [H] postings about the hardware and the information...not the company from which it came.

I'm willing to chat via PM's but I do intend to keep the forum thread(s) as clean and "to the point" as possible.

OMG.. I Dont know that I would admit to working with anyone who Puts a ATI Radeon HD 5670 512MB in a system & calls it a gaming system for 1300 bucks.

Edit: With OS & all that linked system is 888 shipped from newegg (except a corsair 650w psu since they don't list the 450 & used a cheap logi usb kbd & mx518 mouse). I believe in a boutique system having some markup on price, but thats just plain ridiculous.

Edit 2: & there cheapest shipping for that thing is 52 bucks (to my zip in Idaho)

Agreed. If they're actually making money this way maybe we all ought to get into the business.

Again, I would respectfully ask that discussion not be focused on the company supplying the hardware. I did not mention DogHouse Systems as a sales pitch, I was merely trying to remain public about my current involvement in a new project.

I don't want to throw a huge fit over this or turn the thread into a back and forth about company pricing and I am more than willing to discuss such things via PM.

Thanks.

The pictures are still on the way, the "incoming" phase of all this has been drawn out a bit but I should have everything in hand late today or early next week. :)

Back