New Switch Reccomendations

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
Looking for a new switch for my home lab. Nothing too serious. Dont really have a budget in mind, obviously cheaper is better. :)

Web Managed
16Gbe ports +
LACP
VLANs
Low noise
Shallow Depth

Nice to Haves
2x 10Gbe mini gbics/uplink ports
A couple of POE ports for phones

Thoughts?

An HP 1810-24G or 1910-24G fits the bill apart from the 10Gbe and POE ports. You really can't get switches with only a couple POE ports. It's all or nothing for the most part.

Yea i was looking for the 1810-24 v2, but no one seems to have them. What are the differences from V1?

Anyone have thoughts on the cisco SG200-18?

Yea i was looking for the 1810-24 v2, but no one seems to have them. What are the differences from V1?

Anyone have thoughts on the cisco SG200-18?

I had issues with that switch. My router gives out ip address and unless I have it change the ip address on my main computer I couldn't brows network shares or remote desktop into my server. This would happen every time I would reboot the switch. I haven't had any issues with my tp-link TL-SG3216 or my Dell 2808 that I ran out of ports on.

I have the 1810 v1 and I'm not sure what the difference is, but it's a switch and it does it's job just fine. I've had zero issues, I'm really happy with it.

It took me a long time to decide on a switch to use at home and I don't regret buying the 1810 one bit.

Procurve 1910 hands down. Life time warranty Lite Layer 3, great UI. Very speedy switch.

Back