New sub 10L itx case, SilverStone RVZ02!!!

Built mine today!

Intel Core i5-4570
Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B
ASRock B85M-ITX
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB FTW ACX
Silverstone RVZ02B-W
Silverstone SX500-LG

CPU idle/load: 35C/55C
GPU idle/load: 27C/55C

Last edited:
Dear SilverStone,

Unfortunately even the ML08 design looks too busy/crowded to me.

In my opinion there is too much unnecessary detailing on the exterior.

Please consider just having a flat, plain aluminium front, and leave out the plastic venting on the side.

Unfortunately I will have no other option than go for custom crowdfunded cases that are twice the price of yours...

Thanks,
Andreas

Hi Andreas, as OldandCrusty mentioned, please consider the FTZ01 as an alternative. Its unibody aluminum frame is not only cleanly styled, but also makes it the most rigid/strong of all slim cases available on the market.

As to the plastic venting on the ML08, they are actually removable filters. If you find them unsightly, they don't have to be installed for the case to work obviously (though you do loose dust filtering capability). There are also alternative filters that you can choose from such as our magnetic FF143 filter that you can use instead.

Hey Tony, any chance that we will ever see an mATX-SFF from the Raven family? A Sugo SG10 derivate maybe with cleaner side panels and a Raven front?

By the way, I love the vent designs! Much better than the what you did with your "first gen Steam Box designs" and these vents that are just covered with magnetic dust filters. I hope that we will see the new vent designs on more SFF cases in the futures.

P.S.: Have to admit that while I always admitted your ingenuity and your courage to do new things, I was never a huge fans of your designs. The Raven RVZ02 and the Milo ML08 (both windowless) however really hit that sweat spot between unique and intersting yet clean and purely functional design for me.

@thread
Please add details of your builds and how they perform in that little case. I'd like to know if an ASUS R9 Strix Fury will work well inside this little case (I know that I'd have to remove a small structural component to fit the card into the case).

Last edited:
@thread
Please add details of your builds and how they perform in that little case. I'd like to know if an ASUS R9 Strix Fury will work well inside this little case (I know that I'd have to remove a small structural component to fit the card into the case).

Edited my post above to reflect build specs. Forgot to include them.

Hey Tony, any chance that we will ever see an mATX-SFF from the Raven family? A Sugo SG10 derivate maybe with cleaner side panels and a Raven front?

Chances are very good. Micro-ATX is the only form factor left that is not part of the RAVEN series right now so that's definitely the next logical void to fill.

@spencers
Thanks. Nice to see that the case performans very well with mid-range hardware.

@Tony Ou
Great! Something compact and clever like the Sugo SG10 with the interesting yet clean looks (and that sexy utilitarian looking vents) of the Raven RVZ02 would be a dream!

Huh, it doesn't look that bad in person, but the wasted space in that build makes me cringe a little :D
Can you close the sliding door over the front USB ports while the Logitech receiver is plugged in?

Huh, it doesn't look that bad in person, but the wasted space in that build makes me cringe a little :D
Can you close the sliding door over the front USB ports while the Logitech receiver is plugged in?
Wasted space, as in I need a beefier graphics card? :D I won't argue with that! I think an R9 370 or a 970 would be nice.
No, the front won't close with it plugged in, but the receiver was moved to the rear IO so it could close

Wasted space as in "it could almost fit an ATX-PSU". The prototype that was schon during CES was three centimeters shorter, had less spacious and cleaner 2'5'' HDD/SSD-mounts, could fit almost every graphics card available (including the huge ASUS R9 Strix Fury) and had plenty of space for cable management. The retail case is still a wonderful little SteamBox case, but it is a step back from the even cleaner and more efficient case that was shown at the CES.

P.S.: And I don't know why they have routed the power cord through the entire case. Why not not just offer a cable duct at the bottom of the case?

The production RVZ02/ML08's growth in size compared to the CES prototype was primarily from the thickness or width. Nearly everyone didn't like the look of the window panel from the prototype (because they stick out a bit). So in order to make the windows fit flush with the side panels without sacrificing CPU cooler and graphics card compatibility, it had to grow a little thicker. For a small case like this, adding a few millimeters on both sides meant a noticeable increase in overall size volume.

So yes, this also means that non-windowed version of RVZ02/ML08 does have a couple more millimeters of clearance over our official stated maximum height clearance for CPU cooler.

Case windows: not even once.

I'm not a fan of case windows or LED lights inside cases (though I was many years ago in high school), but out of the two RVZ02 models, the windowed one is slimmer without the bulky fan filters sticking out the sides.

The beveled edges of the windows obscure the case interior enough that it doesn't look like a painfully obvious window.

Chances are very good. Micro-ATX is the only form factor left that is not part of the RAVEN series right now so that's definitely the next logical void to fill.

Hey Tony! is there any chance for silverstone to release RVZ02 in white color?
I love the design and functionality of rvz02 but if they released a white option, it would seriously be my dream come true!!

I'm pretty sure there are quite a bit of others in the market who would be interested in a white version as well.

Case windows: not even once.

I didn't like the windowed version at all, but once I saw the "black" version, I was impressed.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163288&cm_re=rvz02b_rvz02b_rvz02b_rvz02b_rvz02b-_-11-163-288-_-Product

It's even $10.00 cheaper than the windowed version. And at $69.99 after rebate, you aren't going to get anything better for a mini-ITX case that can fit a full sized video card and that will look good as an HTPC. I'd have to spend at least twice as much to get a case that did the same job and had the looks that I want.

And at $69.99 after rebate, you aren't going to get anything better for a mini-ITX case that can fit a full sized video card and that will look good as an HTPC.
For $5 more and 20mm less GPU length (same 2x 2.5" drive capacity), the Node 202 is a smaller case, and arguably a lot better looking than the RVZ02 (no ugly 'gamer' styling).

Node 202 is quiet good looking indeed. But the case seems to overheat the GPU quiet a lot (see reviews). And filters are quiet a pain to clean.

Node 202 is quiet good looking indeed. But the case seems to overheat the GPU quiet a lot (see reviews). And filters are quiet a pain to clean.

The biggest issue I have is that it's not available!The Node 202 is not on the market despite having been reviewed by most of the PC websites months ago.

I didn't like the windowed version at all, but once I saw the "black" version, I was impressed.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163288&cm_re=rvz02b_rvz02b_rvz02b_rvz02b_rvz02b-_-11-163-288-_-Product

It's even $10.00 cheaper than the windowed version. And at $69.99 after rebate, you aren't going to get anything better for a mini-ITX case that can fit a full sized video card and that will look good as an HTPC. I'd have to spend at least twice as much to get a case that did the same job and had the looks that I want.
I like that case! Much better then the ugly plastic window version!

Hi m8
Im planting to buy the RVZ02 with the same scythe cooler as you did but my only question is ifs possible to put on it a regular 12cm fan with a thickness of 25mm?

Some people were able to fit a 60mm cooler like the Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet. But swapping the original fan on the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 for a 25mm thick one will not fit.

Some people were able to fit a 60mm cooler like the Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet. But swapping the original fan on the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 for a 25mm thick one will not fit.

I see. The included fan with the scythe cooler is 12mm thick so I can probably put on a 15mm thick one. Can you recommend me a fan with good static pressure and with a thickness of 15mm if it even exists?

Can't tell if it will fit but i've heard good things on Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex which are 15 mm thick.

Back