New style/software? Food for thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasG

Gawd
I know you guys are a pretty setup forum and whatnot but have you guys considered having a new more attractive look or even switching to something more intuitive and fast in terms of performance like XenForo? I'm just saying this cause as a forum user POV you guys seems to have it pretty simple around here, doesn't "look" like you got too many mods going on and it might actually be quiet an interesting route.

There's several big websites like IGN already using XenForo and it might bring a little much desired change as an old user would like to see, even if content is still good enough. Just my 2 cents.

The true mark of a forum of this size is how well it handles its traffic. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. :cool:

Currently Active Users: 4881 (919 members and 3962 guests)

Most users ever online was 10,170, 08-25-2011 at 03:05 PM.

I prefer "simple" layouts. It's a forum, it doesn't need to be flashy.

I like the layout here. Clean, no avatars, no pics in sigs, no animated gif's all over the place, uses screen space efficiently. It's just right.

Kind of ironic, but I wrote a poem about the [H] forum in GenMay, the last line is pretty relevant here. You won't find another forum style like it and that's why it works so well.

This forum is [H]
Addicting like the street [H]
Only legal and owned by Kyle
With a unique forum style

XenForo isn't that flashy in my opinion , it's quite bare bones actually. Anyway I don't mind the current setup. Whatever you do, don't switch to VB4.

XenForo isn't that flashy in my opinion , it's quite bare bones actually. Anyway I don't mind the current setup. Whatever you do, don't switch to VB4.

Exactly, it's quite bare bones and that's what works nice, plus a few things that make it faster, etc. :) But yes never said it's bad, I like it but would like it even more. :p

Like Major said, it ain't broke and we ain't "fixing" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back