New steam profiles and 'trading cards'

Wished I was those who saw it earlier and got in queue for the beta invite then.:p

Some people are already selling their backgrounds and chat icons on Steam's Market. Not that I think it's worth buying a chat icon for a buck, but if people pays...

i got some too. I played CS:Go for like an hour and got 1 card. It doesnt even tell you when you get it, its just there. kinda lame at this point

The cards are kind of pointless at this moment, (good thing it's in beta, so maybe there's room for changes). The way it is right now, We will only get roughly half the number of the total available cards, and we can get duplicate cards as well. But the problem is at the moment, once the limit runs out, it doesn't reset.

What this means is that everyone will only get roughly half the number of cards, that's it. Therefore, it's impossible to allow everyone a chance to complete their collection. You'll need half of the user population to sell all their cards for the other half to complete their collections (in theory). Most people will probably complete for a game or two only unless you are willing to buy them from other users.

That's how I see it at the moment with the limit not resetting. It doesn't make sense.

The cards are kind of pointless at this moment, (good thing it's in beta, so maybe there's room for changes). The way it is right now, We will only get roughly half the number of the total available cards, and we can get duplicate cards as well. But the problem is at the moment, once the limit runs out, it doesn't reset.

What this means is that everyone will only get roughly half the number of cards, that's it. Therefore, it's impossible to allow everyone a chance to complete their collection. You'll need half of the user population to sell all their cards for the other half to complete their collections (in theory). Most people will probably complete for a game or two only unless you are willing to buy them from other users.

That's how I see it at the moment with the limit not resetting. It doesn't make sense.
When you talk about the limit not resetting, are you talking about the drop limit, or the "in progress" blueprints? The drop limit wont reset for obvious reasons, but the blueprints will reset once you acquire another card for a particular set. Badges can be level up 5 times.

When you talk about the limit not resetting, are you talking about the drop limit, or the "in progress" blueprints? The drop limit wont reset for obvious reasons, but the blueprints will reset once you acquire another card for a particular set. Badges can be level up 5 times.

The cards. For example, I have 4 Portal 2 cards right, and the drop will not reset. So if I wish to trade for the other 4 cards, I would have to trade away the cards from other games.

From what I understand, even if I've crafted a badge, the card drop will not reset too, right? Wouldn't that mean cards are being consumed without being replenish.

The cards. For example, I have 4 Portal 2 cards right, and the drop will not reset. So if I wish to trade for the other 4 cards, I would have to trade away the cards from other games.

From what I understand, even if I've crafted a badge, the card drop will not reset too, right? Wouldn't that mean cards are being consumed without being replenish.

if you craft a badge, the card drop count will reset. (I have confirmed this through a dota 2 badge)

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1039891669 said:
if you craft a badge, the card drop count will reset. (I have confirmed this through a dota 2 badge)

Ah, I see. Thanks, that's better than no reset at all.

Meh, I am noway going back to play the old games nor would I spend time to trade cards. I hope that somehow I don't end up doing the opposite... OH new DOTA 2 cosmetics! MUST GET!

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1039891669 said:

I have crafted 2 badges one for HL2 and one for TF2. No drop resets.

24wd000.jpg

:p

The way it is right now, We will only get roughly half the number of the total available cards, and we can get duplicate cards as well. But the problem is at the moment, once the limit runs out, it doesn't reset.

You do realize this is by design, right?

Clearly the idea is that you're forced to trade (=interact with the community) if you want to complete sets.

For all the games that drops the cards you don't even have to play them just run them with :

-novid -console -textmode -nosound

You can open 4 different games (CS: GO, Half Life 2, Portal2 Etc..) and let them run on the tasksbar and you will get a card every 30min from each game until you use all your drops.

have Fun :)

For all the games that drops the cards you don't even have to play them just run them with :

You can open 4 different games (CS: GO, Half Life 2, Portal2 Etc..) and let them run on the tasksbar and you will get a card every 30min from each game until you use all your drops.

I take it this only works for Valve games? I don't really care but going to try your way and let the games run in the background :p

edit: nm just saw which games work in the FAQ

Last edited:
You do realize this is by design, right?

Clearly the idea is that you're forced to trade (=interact with the community) if you want to complete sets.

He's speculating on when everyone uses up their drops. If drops only occur once, how can you trade when everybody has nothing to trade?

Someone mentioned that drop count resets when you craft a badge(he might have gotten it confused with a collection reset), I just crafted my third badge and no reset on any game. So, I am going to assume as of right now there's no drop reset. We need a drop reset in order to re-circulate trade.

You just need growth to get new players, not a reset. Maybe tell a friend. :-p

You don't get drop resets unless you spend money in the dota2/tf2 store. Every $9 you spend, you get 1 drop for that game. If you want to reset the blueprint after you craft a badge in any game, you have to acquire it through a trade or purchase on community market.

Just join the beta group. I got my "card" plus three to give/trade after a day.

Is there a way that this will this get patched?

Back