New Steam Game

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking to buy a new Steam game. Getting bored of some of my games recently. Looking for something new...

I enjoy games like WoW, Diablo 2, Oblivion, etc. because of the work entailed to level and obtain good gear.

But I also enjoy good shooters, big fan of the Modern Warfare series.

Can you guys recommend me some games? Also tell me WHY you like them?

Fallout New Vegas.

Lots of free roaming and exploring interesting areas and finding things. It's the RPG shooter. Lots of hours of gameplay. Along a similar vein, Fallout 3: GOTY as well.

Torchlight looks like WoW and plays like Diablo 2. It goes on sale for $5 all the time as well.

Dragon Age: Origins is a popular western fantasy RPG that gets mentioned alot, though I haven't played it. Seems you're into the genre so you'd probably like it.

As for FPS games, Bad Company 2 is the best MUTLIPLAYER shooter I've played in quite some time. If you're looking for single-player specifically, any of the CoD series (MW2, BLOPS) aren't terrible choices though I haven't played a CoD since the original MW.

You might also be interested in Borderlands, which is an FPS with Diablo-esque loot whore mechanics.

You might like Borderlands if you don't already have it as you get loot and get to shoot stuff :D

Well, seeing as you like RPGs (specifically the leveling and item grinding) but also like shooters, maybe something like Mass Effect would be good for you (if you don't already have it). ME2 is also good (I think better), but they took out the RPG like inventory and leveling system. Anyway, they both have a good story and good game play. They also have very good re-playability since you can choose different classes and make different decisions throughout the story.

The Stalker series (Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat) would also fit the bill of RPG/Shooter hybrid, but does so with more of an open world than the Mass Effect series. It also has fairly challenging game play and an interesting (if depressing) setting.

If you are looking for a more classic fantasy based RPG, you could try something like Dragon Age: Origins. It may not have the open world of Oblivion (it's more like Mass Effect, not suprisingly since it's also done by Bioware), but it's every bit as enjoyable. Also has great character development and a good story.

If you are looking for a straight up FPS, then Bad Company 2 is probably the ticket. Seems to be the most well rounded and most well done modern FPS out at the moment. It has a pretty decent single player campaign, some good "tongue in cheek" moments. Multiplayer is a bit more tactical though (you need to work as a team in order to succeed) and has less of a Rambo feel than Black Ops or Medal of Honor... so if you just want mindless run n gun, BLoPs may be a better choice.

Anyway, based on the games you listed, these were the first things to come to mind. Hope that helped some.

So far, Dragonage: Origins is looking the best. I watched the trailers for all of the games mentioned here, and that one seems to be the most interesting....

Still looking for more options though.

Fallout New Vegas.

Lots of free roaming and exploring interesting areas and finding things. It's the RPG shooter. Lots of hours of gameplay. Along a similar vein, Fallout 3: GOTY as well.

This. Dumped 50 hours into it , you have so many paths to take.

I haven't put that kind of time into a game since before I quit WoW. It was really fun.

I would say go with Dragon age, or try Dawn of War II. I think the demo is still around on Steam.

Good choice. :)

Torchlight looks like WoW and plays like Diablo 2. It goes on sale for $5 all the time as well.

Dragon Age: Origins is a popular western fantasy RPG that gets mentioned alot, though I haven't played it. Seems you're into the genre so you'd probably like it.

As for FPS games, Bad Company 2 is the best MUTLIPLAYER shooter I've played in quite some time. If you're looking for single-player specifically, any of the CoD series (MW2, BLOPS) aren't terrible choices though I haven't played a CoD since the original MW.

You might also be interested in Borderlands, which is an FPS with Diablo-esque loot whore mechanics.

Big fan of Torchlight minus the lack of MP.

It sounds to me like Fallout New Vegas might be right up your alley. Dragon Age is another good option.

I had a lot of fun with Borderlands too.

Bought Dragonage. Downloading now, we'll see how it is. :)

Thanks guys.

I didn't see that. You'll have a lot of fun with that one. Good luck

Monday night combat. It's cheap ($15?), and is like TF2 on a sports drink laced with cocaine.

The only thing I found with DAO is that it goes from easy to hard really fast and doesn't get very easy again after that. Still an awesome game though.

Also +1 for Borderlands

The Witcher :) I didnt care for Fallout 3 or New Vegas. If you like games where all you do is walk around for countless hours playing with yourself then its a good game but to me I couldnt stand the boredom it caused

Back