New Star Wars Game “Jedi Fallen Order” Coming from Titanfall Dev

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Titanfall’s Respawn Entertainment is working on a new Star Wars game called Jedi Fallen Order. Set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, it centers on a Padawan who is presumably attempting to survive as the Jedi are being hunted.

Late last year EA shut down Visceral Games and said it would be revamping the single-player Star Wars game it was working on. An open-world game is also planned. No new details on those were shared during EA Play.

Are we taking any wagers that EA shuts down this one too after it did Visceral dirty?

Between ROTS and ANH? What an odd timeline to be set in.

Hmm.... Don't think it will be shut down. Disney needs to make up some money after the BF 2 disaster.

Hmm.... Don't think it will be shut down. Disney needs to make up some money after the BF 2 disaster.
Disney made their money off the game before it was made. EA is the onewho lost the money. I am sure the Starwars license is not cheap. EA deserves it for thinking they could just MT so far.

YEa I'd love to see a good game that has a deep single player open world campaign where you are being hunted and needing to survive. Would be neat and making alliances by helping others all Kung-Fu style.

I predict one or more of these features:

Female protagonist.

No campaign.

Multi-player only.

4 maps upon release. 16 available via DLC.

6 weapons. 87 skins.
If it doesn't have a campaign how can it have a protagonist?

I hope they allow you to choose between female and male, that's the best way to do it, as mass effect has shown.

If it doesn't have a campaign how can it have a protagonist?

I hope they allow you to choose between female and male, that's the best way to do it, as mass effect has shown.

"one or more of these features".

Not necessarily all of them.

And yes, your suggestion would make the most sense

I hate the term padawan. It's stupid. I also fucking hated the pony-tails.
I wish they would have just stopped after the original trilogy. It had a lot of potential. Several of the books were good (and some terrible.) They messed it up.
Now we get pansexuals? WTF. I had to look it up. (Sorry, rant about the fate of the movies...)
The game - not sure. I liked the Bioware games and some of the earlier 3D ones. I'll let someone else try this out and review it before I even think of dropping a dime on it. I'm going back to Subnautica.

EA has been working with them day one. Well, more like day three, but they had their hands deep into the original Titanfall before release.

EA has been the publisher, but this is the first game since EA bought them out.

They did this with nearly all of their recent games- Dragon Age, and before it and Mass Effect, KOTOR. And yeah, it's a great way to handle it.

Back