New Sprint Phone

thedocta45

[H]ard|Gawd
Time for my upgrade and I am looking for a new phone on my sprint plan.

I really wanted to get a windows phone but the only one is 3g and doesnt really look that good.
Any recomendations, dont want to spend over 200 after all is said and done.

I have a Motorola Photon, it's a decent phone for $100 with WiMax, Tegra and a GSM SIM slot for if you travel internationally.

I'd get that or an iPhone for $200

The new EVO 4G LTE is 199 if you want to stay with Sprint it's available for preorder and rumored to ship 2nd half of May

When are you planning on buying another handset? WiMax, where available, is slow and going the way of the DoDo Bird in a handful of years.

Get the Evo 4G LTE for $119 (wirefly or bestbuy). It's easily the best option, and it will be out on May 18.

I am getting one this month, I am not on the ball with the wireless names. What is WiMax? I thought that was just another name for 4g lte. And that Sprint was going to be switching to a new "true" 4g system.

Where can I get the EVO for 119? bestbuy has it for 199 only.

How is Wirefly?
Has anyone used them before?
50 off the price makes it very tempting, provided I can still get the phone serviced through sprint and dont need to ship it out.

I am getting one this month, I am not on the ball with the wireless names. What is WiMax? I thought that was just another name for 4g lte. And that Sprint was going to be switching to a new "true" 4g system.

Where can I get the EVO for 119? bestbuy has it for 199 only.
WiMax and LTE are both 4G wireless standards. Think Beta vs VHS (or HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray).

Evo 4GLTE or Galaxy Nexus are the 2 best announced Sprint phones. GNex I think is available now, the evo in a couple weeks.

Or get an ATT OneX at full price and put in a straight talk SIM for a third of the monthly charge. Up to you.

Time for my upgrade and I am looking for a new phone on my sprint plan.

I really wanted to get a windows phone but the only one is 3g and doesnt really look that good.
Any recomendations, dont want to spend over 200 after all is said and done.

Switch to att and get the lumia 900 with lte?

Otherwise on sprint, the evo 4g lte or wait for a new windows phone on sprint whenever that will be.

If you are staying with Sprint I'd go for the Evo 4G LTE. My wife has the Evo 4G and I have the Evo 3D. I think I want this one because it seems like an awesome phone. I may just have to get one for my wife also.

If you are staying with Sprint I'd go for the Evo 4G LTE. My wife has the Evo 4G and I have the Evo 3D. I think I want this one because it seems like an awesome phone. I may just have to get one for my wife also.

Only downside to the LTE EVO is that it probably won't have 3rd party ROM and rooting support for many months.

Only downside to the LTE EVO is that it probably won't have 3rd party ROM and rooting support for many months.

I tried to root my phone, but had no luck. I even bricked it once, lol. After that I told myself I'll keep it stock. I should probably buy a cheap used phone and try on that one for a while to see if I can get the hang of it.

I tried to root my phone, but had no luck. I even bricked it once, lol. After that I told myself I'll keep it stock. I should probably buy a cheap used phone and try on that one for a while to see if I can get the hang of it.

After freeing my EVO4G from the stock Sense crap, and finding a snappy device...I don't plan on upgrading til Sprint LTE is widespread and the 4G EVO LTE is rooted with 3rd party ROM support. 'Course the new multi-core handsets suffer less from Sprint's bloatware due to multi-core CPUs.

Root with custom rom+kernel is an absolute must IMO for Android. Even if you do nothing else, you get a huge increase in battery life. My Evo 4G + MIUI gives me almost 2 days, and that's with everything turned on (gps, bt, sync etc).

If extending your contract you might check out amazon wireless. Just picked up 2 galaxy s2's for a penny each.

If you extend your contract for another 2 years, Sprint will give you incentives. I've heard people who were offered the new Evo for $55.

Here's the Wirefly link for $119 - http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=26987_8faec66e071d4811bd59c766ced16627

I was going to stick with Sprint if this was the case, but there is literally NO incentive for staying. I was looking forward to the new EVO, and was willing to but up with bad 3g reception in some of the buildings I work for the phone. But their customer loyalty program is a joke:

New customer - Evo cost = 199.00 after $350 two year contract savings
Existing cust - Evo cost = 199.00 after $150 loyalty and $200 two year contract savings.

Verizon has the signal I need, I'm just waiting on either a Galaxy 3 or the rumored Galaxy Journal ( Note clone)

How is Wirefly?
Has anyone used them before?
50 off the price makes it very tempting, provided I can still get the phone serviced through sprint and dont need to ship it out.

Wirefly did good when I ordered my Epic 4G Touch. I did the pre0order and I even received it on the official release day from sprint 16 Sept 2011. No issues or anything to report.

Back