New speakers... best way to get them going?

SlimShady

[H]ard|Gawd
i finally got rid of my old cambridge soundworks (creative branded) 2.1 speakers which ive had for over 5 years now, and got some of the klipsch 2.1 promedia speakers.

now, i want to make sure that the sound i have coming out of these is the best i can, even if it means replacing some of the cables that came with the setup... i have an audigy2 card and i have my dvdrw hooked up to it via the 2 prong digital connection. is there any way i can make sure that it is using the digital output? i dont have it hooked up any other way and i still get sound from it, so i would assume its fine, but wanted to check anyways.

is there a piece of creative software for download in their package that will help me get better results as well? i currently only have the drivers installed.

any help would be appreciated... thanks!

there is a special port on the card for digital output. if you are connected to it, you are using digital. otherwise, youre using analoge.

i have my dvdrw hooked up to it via the 2 prong digital connection. is there any way i can make sure that it is using the digital output?

Yea, take that cable out and throw it away.
That way the sound has to be sent "digitally" via the IDE cable

i dont have it hooked up any other way and i still get sound from it

Does that include the IDE cable?

Mister X said:
Yea, take that cable out and throw it away.
That way the sound has to be sent "digitally" via the IDE cable

Does that include the IDE cable?

done... sound didnt cut out when i did it, so i would assume it was using the IDE cable the entire time.

Question one answered then. :D

On to question two?

is there a piece of creative software for download in their package that will help me get better results as well?
I assume you mean the package on the Installation CD because they don't have the APPZ available to download.
The answer to this question is a matter of personal choice.
For instance:
Would you use the Equalizer and does that allow you to get better results?
Would you use the diagnostic utility?
and so on
There is one thing that CAN help you get much better results and that is Foobar2000 but that is a whole other topic. :D

Mister X said:
Question one answered then. :D

On to question two?

I assume you mean the package on the Installation CD because they don't have the APPZ available to download.
The answer to this question is a matter of personal choice.
For instance:
Would you use the Equalizer and does that allow you to get better results?
Would you use the diagnostic utility?
and so on
There is one thing that CAN help you get much better results and that is Foobar2000 but that is a whole other topic. :D
EQ's make things sound so much batter, regardless of what system you own. :D

DaRkF0g said:
EQ's make things sound so much batter, regardless of what system you own. :D

I would qualify that statement by saying that SOME EQs can make your system better. The ones that come with your Audigy2....not exactly :rolleyes:

Back