New Soundblaster Internal card coming

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by The Cobra, Dec 24, 2018.

1. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

There's no RGB on the card? What happened? :(

2. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

---cut paste---

At $299, the AE-9 is a pricey sound card. With a decent video card selling for the same or less, this card isn’t for the typical gamer. Officials said to expect the card on store shelves by the end of the month.

I wonder if that means 2-3 years?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. Factum

Factum [H]ard|Gawd

Someone at Creative decided to turn the brain-switch to ON.

4. Night_Hawk-19

Night_Hawk-19 Gawd

Still yet to see card retail.

5. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG [H]ard|Gawd

Or be less gay.

6. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

The build quality of the AE-5 is really questionable even the software is buggy to the point where the reviews are so bad it's a real gamble to buy one.
    Alot of complaints about the Microphone jack and the software resetting with every reboot of windows. Not sure if the AE-9 will be any better.

7. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Is it worth me popping in a SB X-Fi SB0770 over my current integrated Realtek 892??

I picked one up for $10 on ebay etc

8. Elf_Boy

Elf_Boy 2[H]4U

Will they have new drivers? Creative has had crap software for years - IMO.

9. nEo717

nEo717 Limp Gawd

-------
    Love my AE-5 - the only thing that resets the " software" is rare windows update - and at that, power off PC, power back on, and all custom settings return no problem. For gaming, its great card, provides excellent voice (paired with Sennheiser GSP600 headset).

10. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Does 5.1 work with Optical that was another complaint I read on Amazon.

11. GotNoRice

GotNoRice [H]ardForum Junkie

Can't hurt to try. I've had good results using PCI based X-Fi cards in newer computers that still have regular PCI slots. I've mainly used PCI XtremeMusic Cards. Looks like your card is a PCI XtremeGamer card. You should be able to get the latest drivers for it here: https://support.creative.com/Produc...laster&prodID=15853&prodName=X-Fi XtremeGamer

horrorshow likes this.
  12. Hielo_loco

Hielo_loco [H]Lite

I have a Soundblaster Z on Windows 10. I originally had the card on an X58 system and when it kicked the bucket in December I moved it to a Haswell. The driver never gave and still has not given me any issues whatsoever.

13. Night_Hawk-19

Night_Hawk-19 Gawd

Thought card was supposed to be out by now Creative AE9. Info been out for awhile.

14. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

Still haven't heard anything about this card.

15. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

Theory: They connected a mini-HDMI cable between the card and an AV receiver or display and it fried something. REDESIGN

16. Night_Hawk-19

Night_Hawk-19 Gawd

Yeah still nothing on release date.

17. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

It reminds me the sighting of a rare white elk....nothing there.

18. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

At least this thing requires a PCI cable to power it and not a Sata cable like with the EVGA NU audio. If I had to use a sata cable for the EVGA card I would have to ditch two hard drives.1

19. NukeDukem

NukeDukem 2[H]4U

Found this on Reddit, thought it pertinent to the discussion. I'm waiting on this to replace my Titanium HD;

2 days ago
    Creative_Ryan

"The wait will be worth it.

I appreciate your desire to know when. Believe me, we want it out there as well. I personally want it out there. I've been with the company for 17 years. I've been a fan for 30 (from the very beginning of Sound Blaster).

This card is a performance beast. It wasn't designed to just be "great", it was designed with passion and love of audio and audio technology in general.

We've added tech that wasn't going to originally be included to the card that easily makes it the most effective and powerful internal card we've ever made for output and voice input.

The card was amazing before we added this tech and it's flat out ridiculous now. The AE-9 is a statement piece.

The AE-9 is a card for the system builder who wants their battlestation chassis to be loaded with the best of the best. It's a true PCIe beast and not a USB device disguised as an internal card.

It already went to 11..now it goes to 15.

Final touches are being put on right now and we'll have an announcement on this as well as other additions to the lineup within the next couple of months.

Hang in there. It's definitely coming."

20. IdiotInCharge

IdiotInCharge [H]ardForum Junkie

That shade at EVGA :D

All being said though, I'm at a loss as to what they could improve.

tungt88 likes this.
  21. Night_Hawk-19

Night_Hawk-19 Gawd

Probabily hit design flaws. Hopefully wait is not too much longer.

22. djoye

djoye 2[H]4U

I wonder what that means. Is there another card recently released that was basically a USB device on a PCIe board?

It'll be interesting to see what they've come up with, but it probably won't work with my application since they no longer seem to support discrete 7.1 output.

23. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

This is turning into the sighting of a rare white elk.

24. IdiotInCharge

The reference: EVGA NU Audio for US$200 connects to PCIe via a USB controller.

Which while wierd, seems to make sense when all of the best DACs are now using USB. No wheel reinventing etc. You know, unless you're Creative :D.

djoye likes this.
  25. Elf_Boy

Elf_Boy 2[H]4U

Creative Labs driver support has sucked the last few years. At least from my view point.

I do tend to link added sound better but my mobo has pretty decent onboard. I also dont have any spare PCIe lanes.

26. IdiotInCharge

One of my boards has a Creative software solution, which works well and works through the optical output, which I like- never could get my X-Fi to do more than output a direct stream when I wanted it to do processing, and the SB-Z I tried had a horrific headphone problem.

I figure it's been enough time that the AE-9 should be evaluated on its own across the board.

27. GotNoRice

GotNoRice [H]ardForum Junkie

Interesting "view point". Creative just released brand new drivers for my ~10 year old X-Fi Titanium HD today. Good luck getting that level of support from most other companies. Not even AMD or Nvidia release new drivers for cards that old.

Pulsar and Comixbooks like this.
  28. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

Hmm thanks ...just saw they finally released new drivers for the AE-5

29. Alienslare

Alienslare [H]Lite

I use to use Sound blasters from very long time, i must say discrete audio solution were a must back in the days and if everyone might remember creative sound blasters were marketed just like nvidia in startup of alot of games.
    The one cited in my test best is Sound Core3d by creative its not better the X-Fi but who gives a crap when onboard solutions started giving enhanced audio solutions.

30. JRZoid

JRZoid n00b

I want that expensive EVGA card..and you can change the opamps their socketed and shit. and whopping claimed 117db sucker lol.

but no Id rather have a real audio and amp...try to kill some Valves...You need one of those Mississippi Marshall's in you're life etc lol.

go higher and step them and kill them lol...Russia can only really handle the Voltage better right now again....

we're not making shit anymore...china is junk still...JJ declined even further and good Luck getting Plate current matching...

We have to talk to the Soviet's lol

31. IdiotInCharge

Can anyone translate?

Stanley Pain and tungt88 like this.
  32. Stanley Pain

Stanley Pain 2[H]4U

Hahahaha I'm glad I wasn't the only one scratching my head. It's almost like some Markov Chain Bot puked into the thread :ROFLMAO:

IdiotInCharge and tungt88 like this.
  33. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

So basically I think he said he wants RGB on the card.

34. IdiotInCharge

I'm fine with RGB as long as it can both be turned off and can do a clean white.

:D

35. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG [H]ard|Gawd

I for one am glad there are still sound cards. Unless you buy the highest end board, onboard audio still sucks. It's fine for a generic rig for your mom to browse email, but not for gaming or high end audio. It just isn't.

xmadror likes this.
  36. Alienslare

Alienslare [H]Lite

Dnsuwncosnwhciwldiemcbsoenehssehcjspwncbwduwnfueoenebsjcbddusocndbick
    And blah blah blah

Thats all my lord

Sorry for my poor interpretation skills :(

IdiotInCharge likes this.
  37. Alienslare

Alienslare [H]Lite

Speaking which i want to know if Creative Sound Blaster Titanium is better or Creative Sound Blaster Core3d is better.

By better i mean better then onboard solution.

38. IdiotInCharge

Even mid-range boards, say US$150 to US$200, do a pretty good job. I'm sure there's the odd bad example too.

But overall, for gaming use they're more than adequate with low noise floors and plenty of support for the lower impedence designs typically used in headsets.

You'll want something better if you want to run high impedance or high current detailed headphones and actually want to use that detail, but for example, I had no problem running my 300Ω Sennheiser HD600 set off of the analog output of my old Z170-AR from ASUS.

39. IdiotInCharge

Get one of their USB parts. Those are actually updated. The Soundblaster Z is their current internal card, if that's what you really want.

40. Alienslare

Alienslare [H]Lite

Im getting a good deal on Soundblaster Titanium Fatality with front panel and just the Soundblaster Core3d bare card.

Tell me which is the better option?? And why ??

And Sound Blaster Z is the one that has Sound Core3d chip.