New Sonic 4 Screens

Kind of sad to think of how many shitty games they made before they decided to do this.

its about freakin time. sonic could have been as popular as mario but ever since the first craptastic dreamcast sonic game they have just gotten worse and worse

FINALLY. God I couldn't stand all the 3D Sonic games. I haven't enjoyed anything since Sonic 3. Though prior to that Sonic CD was the best Sonic game I had played to date.

I wonder will this be fun though. Sure it might be like the classic game but maybe it lacks the fun factor of before. Anyone really play sonic and got all the crystals?

I wonder will this be fun though. Sure it might be like the classic game but maybe it lacks the fun factor of before.
I have a theory that these 2D old-school-style games are pretty easy to make fun, or at least pretty easy to not fuck up too badly. Either way, it'll sell well and won't be poorly received -- that much I can pretty much guarantee.

The formula's been established and all they need to do is bring in a few new elements to make it a fresh experience. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Sonic is kind of like Megaman. He only has two dimensions and that's all he needs.

I GREW UP IN SONIC! Fuck yeah! back to 2D! I like the mini 3D though when you go in a portal and then you collect your rings there.

makes me want to whip out my sonic costume again.
sonic4.jpg

awesome. Nintendo did the right thing with the new super mario brothers and I'm glad to see SEGA is going back to the basics as well.

platformers rule :)

Side scrollers are still one of the best ways for playing a game like sonic. A lot of games lost their touch when they went 3d. I think this is going to be a hit for sure.

its about freakin time. sonic could have been as popular as mario but ever since the first craptastic dreamcast sonic game they have just gotten worse and worse

I thought Sonic Adventure was very good. Definitely felt like an entirely new and different game. I liked Sonic and Sonic 2 for Sega, but they almost seemed like they were the same game except on had just Sonic and the other had Sonic and his friends.

Sonic 4 does look good though. I am sure if it is 800 points, then I will be picking it up...

Don't fuck it up. Don't fuck it up. Don't fuck it up. Don't fuck it up.

Haha, I was thinking this in my head!

Somehow with this being a Sonic game, I have a feeling they'll mess up.

On a sidenote, has anyone played the new Sonic racing game?

Why in god's name does sonic have a homing attack? In a 2D GAME!!! It's seems like Sega's staff resists classic gameplay mechanics for the sake of argument. Like its an anachronism to have gameplay that requires coordination. They should just make the game one large button, that you can keep tapping repeatedly to clear every enemy in the game. I mean at this rate you have to be able to use the D-pad and and the A button, but not both at once...why not just get rid of the D-pad altogether and just have him homing-attack-the-entire-act.

It will be that much worse because this looks like it's otherwise so full of win. But homing attack with anything other than Sonic Adventure style open-world gameplay is a massive no.

hmmm don't see Tails following along in those screenshots. :(

These are going to be episodic, and an article (in Game Informer, I think) stated that the first one is all about Sonic, with later episodes to bring back cast members

Hm... hope it's good! I grew up on Sonic on the Genesis. Though I actually liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I think I logged over 70 hours on that game trying to get As in all the levels, raising my chaos, and etc. Camera angle was a pain but once I got used to it I really like it.

Though this will certainly be interesting!

Sucks for me that I don't have any modern console system :(
Really love the old sonic in Sega Genesis.

I can't get the Green Hills theme song out of my head!. :(
My most favorite sonic theme

Now I've got them in my head too:eek:

Anyone notice the location of the hud screen items? It looks like they are being lazy and just having them in default 4:3 positions so they can make the game in wide screen and crop it.

I'm a huge sonic fan. Hooking up old games to sonic and knuckles was the coolest thing ever. I loved Sonic Adventure on dreamcast as well. I remember the epic feeling of collecting everything to get the cut scene where everyone brings sonic the emeralds to become super sonic.

I really hope they have tails and knuckles in this game just because it's interesting to experience the levels in different ways.

Honestly my hopes aren't high though. The fact that it's a download and this is episode 1 makes me think they will just be trying to cash in on nostalgia but here's hoping for something more.

First Sonic Adventure wasn't bad at all

This might be the first Sonic game (or games, since it's going to be episodic), that I buy since Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast.

Back