New socket 2011 matx motherboards

Krazy925

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys I don't peruse the motherboard section but I am in the process of retooling my sig rig with a mATX motherboard and I was wondering if their had been a refresh to motherboards since introduction of Ivy Bridge-E processors. Also does the Rampage IV Gene have room for multiple internal cards (I.E. Wifi card, sound card + room for two full sized video cards or what combo of cards fit)?
Appreciate any help I'm trying to stuff my sig rig into a custom water cooled CaseLabs s5. Just need a new smaller form factor motherboard and I should be set minus water cooling gear. Can't wait to stuff this all into a case thats half the size:D!

Yes the RIVG will have room for all that and is really the only option when it comes to mATX X79 boards.

Yes the RIVG will have room for all that and is really the only option when it comes to mATX X79 boards.

So I take it the ASRock X79 EXTREME4-M isn't a viable alternative?

Also just because I am truly curious, as far as roadmaps look we will not be receiving anymore x79 mATX motherboards? Only reason is I can wait to purchase, and I did note that they released a "black edition" RIVE. I'd prefer to get away from the typical red/black scheme that ROG boards always seem to have. I would miss my green LEDs so much if I had to switch back to red :( Yes I know I'm a weirdo obsessed with color scheme!

Yeah not really.. The new Haswell-E is supposedly launching this year you could wait for a Rampage V Gene and other boards but unfortunately this is all that's up right now...

Yeah not really.. The new Haswell-E is supposedly launching this year you could wait for a Rampage V Gene and other boards but unfortunately this is all that's up right now...

And we all know what happens to people who wait for new tech!:D

Tag in our other conversation!:p

Hahaha... Yes indeed! I need a new SSD though I love this Crucial M4 but it's aging..

Back