New Slimline Teac Blu-ray drive model # BD-C24SS-A93

Format _C:

2[H]4U
eBay buy it now

I bought one it came to $21.37 with tax and shipping. I should get it tomorrow (provided the Post Office does not close due to the COVID-19 Pandemic😢)

I think it also burns Blu-ray discs but I am not 100% sure on that still cheap for a Blu-ray drive now on to find a new laptop that has an optical drive bay or a suitable external case that will take a slot load drive (both of which I am having trouble finding so any suggustions would be great:))

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Last edited:
I got the drive Friday March 20th as expected and I just opened the package today. The drive works fine but there is no front face plate (AKA front bezel). I thought all drives included that (I probably just bought an OEM drive made for a specific use) anyway I sent a message to the seller I will have to wait and see what they say. Also the drive is NOT a Blu-ray burner, it only burns to DVD and CD media

Anyway if I do use the drive for internal desktop use I found this it is made for the Dell OptiPlex line of computers but I think it should work with any computer case and if not I actually have a Dell OptiPlex 7010 so it would not be a wasted purchase.

This is the drive I received (Yes that is an HDHomeRun PRIME HDHR3-CC under the drive)
IMG_0017.jpg

This is what the drive should look like with a front bezel
s-l500.jpg

The drive works fine but there is no front face plate (AKA front bezel).
thats normal. they expect you to be replacing a drive in a unit and you'd transfer the bezel. because they are so different, youd have to get one designated for a specific laptop model to get a bezel.

thats normal. they expect you to be replacing a drive in a unit and you'd transfer the bezel. because they are so different, youd have to get one designated for a specific laptop model to get a bezel.
Not on these style drives that don't pop out--at least not that I've seen. This is identical to the one installed in the Gilbarco Passport Point of Sale system that costs over $10k--yep, $10k for a custom i3-2120 running custom software. And this is their newest system! Got to say it is pretty slick for completely custom hardware though, but holy cow is it expensive. :eek:

Not on these style drives that don't pop out--at least not that I've seen. This is identical to the one installed in the Gilbarco Passport Point of Sale system that costs over $10k--yep, $10k for a custom i3-2120 running custom software. And this is their newest system! Got to say it is pretty slick for completely custom hardware though, but holy cow is it expensive. :eek:

Oh, is this drive like a car cd player where the disc just goes into the drive?

ok still expecting you to have your own.

Oh, is this drive like a car cd player where the disc just goes into the drive?
yes, slot load.

Thank you ordered one. Any ideas on where to get a bezel my old laptop had a tray load dvd?

I want one but want to find the slot bevel as well. If anyone finds one post it.

I told the seller that there was no bezel (they did not know that), and I also told them that is NOT a Blu-ray burner. They refunded the money I spent and said keep the drive. I looked everywhere for a compatible bezel and I found one that was from China and cost more then I paid for this drive.

Most of the cheap replacement bezels were for the Panasonic UJ series of slot loaders and are totally different then the Teac one. I just bought another drive that is also a Teac hopefully I can transfer the bezel without breaking it. I know how the tray load bezels are attached but I have never dealt with a slot loader before, so can anyone give me any tips on how to transfer the bezel?
Thanks

OK I'd just thought I will post an update to this whole saga.

The other Teac drive that I bought just for the front bezel turns out to be the wrong bezel for the Blu-ray drive (lucky me Not!) however the bezel was damaged in shipping (they packed the everything in a bubble mailer) so they sent another bezel (in a regular letter envelope that one was totally mangled.

So again I contact the seller this time they send me another two bezels and one was an exact match for the Blu-ray drive. It's funny how things work out in your favor sometimes. So if you are buying a drive make sure the bezel is included and/or easily & cheaply obtainable

The only thing I don't like about the slim style drives is that they are slower then their full size counterparts.

I know optical media is becoming a "thing of the past" but I actually prefer having the physical media and not streaming media of the internet. Are the full size optical drives even made anymore? I ask because if a drive is included in a pre-built system these days it is always a slim line drive and not a full size one. I can't believe what I had to go through to actually find a new case with a 5.25" bay for my new Ryzen 7 3700X build

anyway I did end up buying the Dell NR95F drive bay adapter it will work with any 5.25" bay and not just for Dell as the M3 guide screws are removable and you can secure it to the case with any standard M3 screw.

OK enough of my babling and how about a picture of the final result

SlotBDDVD.jpg

I like your end results. :) I too like optical drives still as you can have a collection of isos that are physically separate from each other and will 'just work' with a system that can boot off an optical drive. That Dell adapter is slick and I'm going to have to remember that as you can easily put a 3.5" drive and an optical in a single 5.25" bay.

As far as full size optical drives, I think lite-on still makes some, and they're one of the long-time oem producers so the quality should be pretty decent too:
https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Lit...VRJyzCh3O-gXuEAQYASABEgLftfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I really like the end result as well. Also that Dell bay adapter is cheaper (and probably better built) then all of the other ones I have seen out there that do basically the same thing. Also if anybody cares or wants to know the case is a Cooler Master N400 It was the only cheaply priced case I could find (I probably did not look hard enough though) that had 2 5.25" bays and a bottom mounted power supply

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I like your end results. :) I too like optical drives still as you can have a collection of isos that are physically separate from each other and will 'just work' with a system that can boot off an optical drive. That Dell adapter is slick and I'm going to have to remember that as you can easily put a 3.5" drive and an optical in a single 5.25" bay.

As far as full size optical drives, I think lite-on still makes some, and they're one of the long-time oem producers so the quality should be pretty decent too:
https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Lit...VRJyzCh3O-gXuEAQYASABEgLftfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
lite-on, lg, sony, plextor, asus and a few others still make optical drive. lots of people still use em. now slot load are hard to find in 5.25. pioneer was the last to make em(i think) and i cant find one that is sata, only ide...

lite-on, lg, sony, plextor, asus and a few others still make optical drive. lots of people still use em. now slot load are hard to find in 5.25. pioneer was the last to make em(i think) and i cant find one that is sata, only ide...
Yup, I had a baddass slot load Pioneer bluray burner back in the day.

Yup, I had a baddass slot load Pioneer bluray burner back in the day.

Awesome! I did not know that Pioneer made a slot load Blu-ray burner. Was it a full size 5.25" drive? Do you remember the model number it does not matter if is Parallel-ATA as that can be fixed with a simple bridge board to convert it to SATA now that Parallel-ATA is a dead platform.

Awesome! I did not know that Pioneer made a slot load Blu-ray burner. Was it a full size 5.25" drive? Do you remember the model number it does not matter if is Parallel-ATA as that can be fixed with a simple bridge board to convert it to SATA now that Parallel-ATA is a dead platform.
Actually I think it was a DVD burner. Replied too quickly.

Any idea what the white 4-pin connectors are for on tha back?

These don't appear to be "mini sata power" - and not sure what those are for either.
theres probably a drive power indicator or something. there is a pigtail on the sata power splitter that goes to them.

that device comes witih a special sata cable that has that connector on one end of it. so it will plug into the sata port and that small white port to drive the HDD led that is built into that cage.

are you old enough to qualify for its use?! ;)

I don't know about that part, I was born on June 21st 1984 so in a little over a month I will be 36 years old. So I maybe old enough to use it or I maybe too young I don't know? either way I still love using it

from the 80s, ill allow it ;)

Awesome! 😄
Anyway I think this thread is now totally off of the original subject of the item that I thought I was getting a "deal" on but it was not one, but anyway things did work out in my favor.

However I don't recommend anyone purchase that drive and then buy another drive for the bezel (as I did) as the second drive also had the wrong bezel but the seller sent a replacement for the second drive which was wrong for drive #2 but actually worked perfectly for the original drive that I actually wanted to use. This whole ordeal was a clusterf**k of things that ended up in my favor but not everyone will have the same ending as I did

Anyway thread closed

Back