New Site Requires 1,400-Character Minimum

HardOCP News

[H] News
Move over Twitter, there is a new social networking site in town called Woofer. What’s the difference? About 1,260 characters....minimum.

Similar to Twitter, Woofer counts down the amount of characters you have inputted with a big number at the top right of the screen. But you're not allowed to post anything until you hit 1,400.

I don't see what the problem is. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah...

Reading the article, it seems they have filters to help mitigate this. But it won't prevent junk text from being posted.

Anyway, what's the point? You might as well start a blog or a website at that point. I sure as hell don't want to be forced not to be brief and concise when I want to be.

Probably good for teachers to give students writing assignments? So dat theh don rite all messd up.

A conspiracy against thumb-typing smartphone users? An attempt to kill the internet for dial-up once and for all? A way to detect mid-sentence heart attaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry but this is not something I would take up stock in...

Great, now idiots have to be descriptive on how they're on the crapper while blogging...thanks for nothing.

Can they up that to 14,000.

I couldn't help but think of Spinal Tap when I read that...

"it goes up to 11"
"why not just have it go up to 10 and make 10 louder?"
"because this one goes up to 11..."

FTL - With the number of people that can't complete a sentence, how can the same people be expected to complete a paragraph or more.

I am still waiting for a site that prohibits posting unless you write something worth reading.

At first I thought you meant a minimum password length of 1,400... This is almost as silly.

I'm going to make a site called "Booger". Your post won't be accepted unless it's obviously snotty.

Great. As if the idiots weren't incoherent enough with a measly 140 characters. Now ten times more!

Well, that would be a really secure password wouldn't it.

Not really. Most passwords don't get cracked by brute force. They either get cracked because they are written down (physically or in a text file on the computer) or they are beat...er encouraged out of you.

this is a spoof site and not meant to be a real site.

The parody Web site is run by Join the Company, a small company in Washington, D.C., which says it specializes in launching "entertaining websites that change the way people use the Internet."

Honestly, who the hell sits around and thinks this crap up? I first thought a password too but now people are going to describe their entire night with every airheaded comment just to post on the site.
Can we make a net law that bans these people?

Back