New sim city

This.

So in a few years, when EA realizes no one wants to use their shit; then hopefully sells some of their sub companies who care for their customers, I might consider it.

I know EA shuts down a lot of their game servers, but I honestly don't see it happening in the next 5 years for this game. If you look at the games servers that EA usually shuts down it's typically very under performing games that already have sequels out. IE mainly sports games. Who cares if they shut down Madden 11 servers? Do that many people really still play Madden/Fifa/etc 06-11 and want to get online? Not to mention many are for the consoles. I mean really...

i dont see simcity being shut down any time soon either because you know they are going to try and milk it with expansions and dlc for quite a few years.

game looks great.
but im doubting the coop feature will even happen. spore was supposed to be a multiplier game but look what happened to that.

Also passing on the game due to the shitty DRM. Looks like it is still Sim City 4 for a long time for me.

i dont see simcity being shut down any time soon either because you know they are going to try and milk it with expansions and dlc for quite a few years.

I'm sure it'll be just like the Sims.. DLC after DLC.. but whatevs, I like Sim City!

game looks great.
but im doubting the coop feature will even happen. spore was supposed to be a multiplier game but look what happened to that.

It was kind of Multi in that your creations turned up in other peoples games. Probably wouldnt have been very interesting as a multiplayer...and the breeding would have been weird...

Darkspore was definitely multiplayer though. :p

It was kind of Multi in that your creations turned up in other peoples games. Probably wouldnt have been very interesting as a multiplayer...and the breeding would have been weird...

Darkspore was definitely multiplayer though. :p

the thing that dissapointed me about darkspore was that you couldnt use your own creations in it. would of made it a little better being able to choose your creations and then skill set up letting you decide how tanky or glass cannon you wanted them and as you progressed through it you would gain access to new abilitys for the next character you made ect.

You might as well quit gaming moving forward. DRM is just the reality of videogames today.

"DRM" has always been with us - before the online age it was questions the game would ask and you'd have to get the answer from the booklet that came with the game.

I don't mind most DRM out there. Steam has shown how modern DRM can actually be done right. Yeah, Steam had tons of issues early on but now it's pretty rock solid.

That said, if you push too hard (as I feel they are doing with this online only bullcrap), you will lose legit customers in the process. I won't be buying this game if I can't play it offline and I've played all of the SimCity games.

game looks great.

here is a good write up on how the multiplayer works

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/massive-multi-city-scale

not mentioned is you can also start a city and set one up and give control of that city to one of your friends so you can set up your own city scenario's or let them expand the city for awhile and then give the control back to you a few days later and expand it your self again.

so for example you could build a decent city have it get hit by an earthquake or meteor and then give it to a friend to have them recover the city from ruins.

Last edited:
You might as well quit gaming moving forward. DRM is just the reality of videogames today.

Some of us for the most part already have. None of my group of friends play anymore. We all skipped this console generation. I only picked up 3 games in 2012 and they were all gifts.

It actually has thrown my upgrade cycle off since I keep planning on upgrading which I normally would have done at least once by now, but without gaming I haven't found a need that made me push the trigger on new hardware.

I have no problem with DRM done right (Steam) but it is shitty DRM I take issue with. I actually do pass on a large number of games (Ubisoft, although they have gotten a bit better) due to their intrusive DRM. I see no legitimate reason for the need to have the online integration and offloading of resources onto EA servers that there is going to be in this game aside from preventing piracy and potentially inconveniencing paying customers.

Back