New Silverstone SFX 650W PSU

So was the one thing people asked for the psu? Certainly people figured out how to get headphones off their desk without dropping $70.

Very similar to the Upcoming Corsair SFX 650...

Strange that Silverstone wouldn't have mentioned this here also?

The SX600-G is the highest power PSU that will fit in my SFX case. I've heard it's got noise issues though, so I'll probably go with the SX500-LG.

Surely his YouTube video will be an insightful glance into this new 650W PSU and how it stacks up to it's competitors.

...oh...

Very similar to the Upcoming Corsair SFX 650...

Strange that Silverstone wouldn't have mentioned this here also?

There is no 650 from Corsair, it's SF600. So SilverStone beats Corsair with 50 Watts. :) Nice to see they did this with a 92mm fan.

There is no 650 from Corsair, it's SF600. So SilverStone beats Corsair with 50 Watts. :) Nice to see they did this with a 92mm fan.

Ah yes, indeed... :)

Wonder if this unit gets around the noise issues with the current one... I wonder if this a a "filler" til the 700 platinum is released also, which is currently behind schedule? So many SFX units in a very similar range 500/600/650/700 doesn't make much sense to me?
Hope Tony chimes in

I'm pretty sure the 650W Gold SFX is going to be in a different price bracket than the 700W Platinum SFX-L. Next to all the other differences.

...700 platinum is released also, which is currently behind schedule?

Yea I'm surprised Silverstone never had the 700w SFX on display at CES but the 650w SFX is without prior mention. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It is good to see that there are choices now above 500w. For so long we were stuck at 450w. We need more competition in the SFF form to get better pricing and hopefully better quality SFF PSUs.

I doubt. There's an 550 which makes the 500 completely moot and squeezing 650 in a non-L PSU might be too big of a challenge.

We are still working on getting both the SX650-G and SX500-G out later this year. The SX550 we just released recently has fixed cables as opposed to modular cables on the two upcoming models.

Back