New Silverstone FT02

Hi Kenjiwing, we have 5870X2's CAD drawing and it is 12.1 inches long excluding the end-plate (the steel part that screws into the expansion slot).

So the FT02 and RV02 can fit the 5870X2 with middle fan's plastic fan grille removed.

We also have the 5870 cards and they are 11.5 inches.

Hopefully we'll get the 5870X2 soon so we can take a few photos of them installed in our case and post them on our website.

Does that mean the middle fan of the RV02 will not be able to fit with the 5870X2 in place? Won't that affect the airflow quite a bit? Especially when it comes to removing hot air from around the graphics card?

Hi Kenjiwing, we have 5870X2's CAD drawing and it is 12.1 inches long excluding the end-plate (the steel part that screws into the expansion slot).

So the FT02 and RV02 can fit the 5870X2 with middle fan's plastic fan grille removed.

We also have the 5870 cards and they are 11.5 inches.

Hopefully we'll get the 5870X2 soon so we can take a few photos of them installed in our case and post them on our website.

Thats great to hear.

Does that mean the middle fan of the RV02 will not be able to fit with the 5870X2 in place? Won't that affect the airflow quite a bit? Especially when it comes to removing hot air from around the graphics card?

He simply said you need to remove the fan grill not the fan.

Alai, the 180mm assembly in the FT01/02 and RV01/02 consists of (from top to bottom):

- Honeycomb fan grille
- 180mm fan
- 180mm fan bracket with removable filter

So you will not loose the fan filter by removing the top fan grille

Ohhh... I see I see... Thank you for clearing that up. So we don't even really lose much. That's fantastic!

I'm itching to get my hands on this case soon!!. I can't wait..

I'm going to order parts for a complete new setup and this FT02 is the last piece!. Looks like i'll have to put my stuff in an old terrible case while I wait for the FT02... since I am selling my old equipment.

I was thinking about adding a Lian-Li 120 in 3 5.25 bays.

I hope it works out well for Silverstone because I think this case will be perfect for my needs. I can't imagine how someone could look at what it offers and not like it.

I'm itching to get my hands on this case soon!!. I can't wait..

I hope it works out well for Silverstone because I think this case will be perfect for my needs. I can't imagine how someone could look at what it offers and not like it.

I know, this case reallty seems to have almost everything I want in a case. I am really excited for it and hope it comes out soon.

I have been posting over on silentpcreview in a thread about this case, but the thread looks to have sort of died out. Hopefully we get some more pics of production model soon.

Tony is the plan still to have a steel body or is aliminum a possibility? Any chance we could see a picture of the FT02 in black w/ side window and your blue 180mm fans? I don't like too much "bling in a case", as I am a adult and all, but a little blue led light might be cool.

Last edited:
I REALLY want this case to come out so people can start modding it! The selling point for me in this case would be the ability to put a 3.120 Rad in there, and have an all internal watercooling setup.

But I do wonder, what would cool my components off more, Watercooling with 3x120, or 3x180 fans.
I would be using a SSD, if this helps..

Tony is the plan still to have a steel body or is aliminum a possibility? Any chance we could see a picture of the FT02 in black w/ side window and your blue 180mm fans? I don't like too much "bling in a case", as I am a adult and all, but a little blue led light might be cool.

The FT02 are shipping this week from the factory. At this point, going all aluminum is out of question, it will stay as aluminum frame with steel interior.

I have more photos of FT02B-W (black with side window), but no blue LED 180mm fans inside, sorry!
FT02B-W-3-4-2.jpg

FT02B-W-Side.jpg

FT02B-W-Inside.jpg

The FT02 are shipping this week from the factory. At this point, going all aluminum is out of question, it will stay as aluminum frame with steel interior.

I have more photos of FT02B-W (black with side window), but no blue LED 180mm fans inside, sorry!
FT02B-W-3-4-2.jpg

FT02B-W-Side.jpg

FT02B-W-Inside.jpg

Great news. Looks like the interior is the same as the raven, except the raven is missing sound proofing and 5 HDD bay. Any other changes? Are the shots you have currently of the interior the final production interior?

I realize stock setup is not with blue led, most people wouldn't want that at this pricepoint, but is it possible for you guys to get a shot of one with blue leds in the base? Would like to know hwta it looks like before investing in the 180mm fans.

Are you guys still planning the price point of the ft02 to be lower than the current ft01, considering the ft01 is all aliminum?

Tony, have you sent it to any review sites? Just wondering were to watch.

Also have you guys dione any testing on the PSU facing with fan in case and drawing hot air out? Several of the review sites for the raven tried this, but no one offered comparison between the setups. Any thoughts?

Great to hear it is shipping, I have been waiting to start my build for this case. It has been a long 2 months, but since I am slammed til christmas, its fine either way. Thanks for a making another great case.

Do you guys have a database of brick and mortar retailer who are getting this in? Any in the Rochester, NY area?

Send it my way, i'll review it! :) j/k

Anyway, looks frikkin sweet man, I think you guys really paid attention to the details and it looks incredible.

Tony,

How does it look in person?

Do it have a "brushed" aliminum withmichined lines like the 950si throughout the body or just on the drive bays? I know they were planning to have the machined lines on the entirity of the case from word at Computex. Any word?

Looks fantastic, and i'll be picking it up the minute I see it for sale online.

yes! i have been waiting for this. I wonder who will get this first. I plan on picking it up on the first day available

although it seems as if the new 5870x2's wont fit, i think i read that they are over 13 inches

Do it have a "brushed" aliminum withmichined lines like the 950si throughout the body or just on the drive bays? I know they were planning to have the machined lines on the entirity of the case from word at Computex. Any word?

I hope it has a brushed/machined aluminum finish across both the chassis and drive bays.

If so it will be in the top couple contenders for my next case. However if the case was a flat black w/ machined drive bays it would make me uninterested...

although it seems as if the new 5870x2's wont fit, i think i read that they are over 13 inches

If you read what Tony the Silverstone Rep said, "
So the FT02 and RV02 can fit the 5870X2 with middle fan's plastic fan grille removed."

Tony, did Silverstone decide to put the same fans the RV02 has in the FT02? The ones that are adjustable instead of locked at 700 rpm? If so, does the FT02 have the control for it in the same place or is there a control on each fan?

Great news. Looks like the interior is the same as the raven, except the raven is missing sound proofing and 5 HDD bay. Any other changes? Are the shots you have currently of the interior the final production interior?

I realize stock setup is not with blue led, most people wouldn't want that at this pricepoint, but is it possible for you guys to get a shot of one with blue leds in the base? Would like to know hwta it looks like before investing in the 180mm fans.

Are you guys still planning the price point of the ft02 to be lower than the current ft01, considering the ft01 is all aliminum?

We also added a support brace between the expansion slots and the motherboard I/O area (subsquent RAVEN RV02 production will also have this) for more rigidity. The photos I have are about the same as the final production unit.

FT02's delay was partly due to lower than expected yield of the unibody frame and some adjustments made prior to production, these factors have added to the final cost of the chassis. I am afraid it will debut at higher price point than the FT01.

Tony, have you sent it to any review sites? Just wondering were to watch.

Also have you guys dione any testing on the PSU facing with fan in case and drawing hot air out? Several of the review sites for the raven tried this, but no one offered comparison between the setups. Any thoughts?

Great to hear it is shipping, I have been waiting to start my build for this case. It has been a long 2 months, but since I am slammed til christmas, its fine either way. Thanks for a making another great case.

Do you guys have a database of brick and mortar retailer who are getting this in? Any in the Rochester, NY area?

I can't disclose which reviewers we will send the case to, so sorry.

Generally having the PSU facing away would be better, but every system is different so I would recommend that you give both directions a try if you have the chance.

We have a listing of resellers of our product at this link:
http://www.silverstonetek.com/wbuy/wbuy_contants.php?warea=usa&area=

I hope it has a brushed/machined aluminum finish across both the chassis and drive bays.

If so it will be in the top couple contenders for my next case. However if the case was a flat black w/ machined drive bays it would make me uninterested...

The FT02's exterior has what we called, "sand-blasted" finish with anodized coating. The drive bay covers have "brushed" finish also with anodized coating.

As a reference, sand-blasted finish is used on our TJ07/FT01 cases and are similar to what you will see on Apple's Mac Pro or MacBook Pro cases.

Brushed finish is used in many of our aluminum and HTPC cases such as TJ09/TJ10, CW03, LC17, etc... and is often found on front panels of expensive hi-fi components.

Tony, did Silverstone decide to put the same fans the RV02 has in the FT02? The ones that are adjustable instead of locked at 700 rpm? If so, does the FT02 have the control for it in the same place or is there a control on each fan?

During later development stage, we decided to place the same fans into the FT02 as we had for RV02 so it will have two speeds (700rpm & 1000rpm) and the same fan controls.

Last edited:
During later development stage, we decided to place the same fans into the FT02 as we had for RV02 so it will have two speeds (700rpm & 1000rpm) and the same fan controls.

That's a relief :)

Thanks!

We also added a support brace between the expansion slots and the motherboard I/O area (subsquent RAVEN RV02 production will also have this) for more rigidity. The photos I have are about the same as the final production unit.

FT02's delay was partly due to lower than expected yield of the unibody frame and some adjustments made prior to production, these factors have added to the final cost of the chassis. I am afraid it will debut at higher price point than the FT01.

well that just made the decision of sticking with my ft01 a lot easier.

Do you have a photo of this change?

I wish the entire unit had the brushed aliminum finish, it generally looks much more high end and could help justify the higher price point compared to the FT01, which is all aliminum.

Air flow in this case really seems second to none and will likely be the reason I choose this case over the ft01. Adjustable fans are a big plus so the integrated controller is really good new, but for those of us who use motherboard or seperate touchscreen fan controls, will the fans easily hook up to that or are they "hard wired" to your switches?

I'm picky, so it says something that I am strongly reconsidering this case, as I really disliked the Lian Li PC-X1000's weak rigidity. I hope this case feels more solid and rigid than that Lian Li for sure. I welcome the steel inside/aluminum unibody construction, adds structure strength and I don't mind the weight gain over full aluminum. When will Newegg and Amazon have the Silverstone FT02 for the US? Price on the black version, and does the black version come with both window/non window options? Nice to see the rigidity improvements on that support bracket added to the FT02, worth any money to me, and I like the 120mm fan holes/air filters/all black interior. Thumbs up on those aspects. I know this has been mentioned, but can I use normal screws instead of those tool less disc bay things?

Last edited:
Ouch, steel inside (which I like but..) and going to be more expensive than the FT01 which is at $230 right now. The one thing about this case that hurts now. I was hoping for $200 ish max. Major =(

Just spent a ton on a whole new setup and i'm scared i'll be buying the ugly RV02.

Ouch, steel inside (which I like but..) and going to be more expensive than the FT01 which is at $230 right now. The one thing about this case that hurts now. I was hoping for $200 ish max. Major =(

Just spent a ton on a whole new setup and i'm scared i'll be buying the ugly RV02.

The FT01 is $190 on newegg right now. I am hoping this will end up just above that. Also, a black friday discount coming up may help.

If not, I may use y old case and see if there is anything better at CES on Jan 7. After looking at every case around I doubt much will be able to top this though.

The FT01 is $190 on newegg right now. I am hoping this will end up just above that. Also, a black friday discount coming up may help.

If not, I may use y old case and see if there is anything better at CES on Jan 7. After looking at every case around I doubt much will be able to top this though.

Yea I doubt i'll see anything I like as much as the FT02 for quite some time.

I just checked the FT01 again and it is $230 on newegg.. USD anyways. Well I suppose there are rebates (ugh) on a couple of versions of it. I imagine this FT02 will be around $270

The FT02's exterior has what we called, "sand-blasted" finish with anodized coating. The drive bay covers have "brushed" finish also with anodized coating.

As a reference, sand-blasted finish is used on our TJ07/FT01 cases and are similar to what you will see on Apple's Mac Pro or MacBook Pro cases.

Brushed finish is used in many of our aluminum and HTPC cases such as TJ09/TJ10, CW03, LC17, etc... and is often found on front panels of expensive hi-fi components

Thank you for addressing my question!

Lian Li and Silverstone are the only companies I look at when considering a new case purchase, and your response definitely gives you a bonus for my next consideration.

Honestly this is one of the few cases that has really caught my attention beyond the TYR PC-X500. However I was wondering if you would be selling cd drive covers with a sandblasted finish to match the case exterior? As I usually only have 1-3 drive bays used in a single case, I would love to have the unused drive bay covers exactly match the exterior of the case.

Although I do love the aesthetic of brushed aluminum, the streamlined/seamless style has always appealed to me (perhaps why I love Apple design and the freedom of a PC). I know it is a minor detail, but offering those replacement drive covers would make this case a complete sell for me, especially as the price is right!

I really think this case finds a perfect blend between the brilliance of Apples' streamlined designs and the actual usefulness and expandability PC users need.

Yea I doubt i'll see anything I like as much as the FT02 for quite some time.

I just checked the FT01 again and it is $230 on newegg.. USD anyways. Well I suppose there are rebates (ugh) on a couple of versions of it. I imagine this FT02 will be around $270

Highly doubt it will be that much, but if it is you can count me out! That puts it to close to Full Tower all aliminum solutions. Frankly at $200 there are a lot of good all aliminum solution, but I prefer this, above $200 it is just not worth it for a mid tower that isn't all aliminum.

Shit at $250+ I could look at a lot of nice silverston TJ, lian li, or corasair case models. Tjey would be crazy for it to sit much above $200.

over 200 = too much for me.. id rather go with full alum like my ft01 which I love to death anyway

over 200 = too much for me.. id rather go with full alum like my ft01 which I love to death anyway

Yes, this likely has me waiting for CES or debatng between the ft01 and other cases. I don't think silverstone will make it that high, but we'll see.

If not for stock cooling and easier to remove filters, I would prefer the ft01. We'll see what silverstone decides.

I've had a few all aluminum cases. Never again... never again will I listen to one of those over priced pieces of trash rattle around in my room. They are usually way to thin. I'll take the strength of steel in all black please.

I can't imagine buying an FT01 after looking at what the FT02 has to offer in air cooling compared to the FT01. So i'll probably still be buying it even if its over $220 =(

So if I get a Silverston Raven 2 from Newegg today, will I get the new Structure upgrade bracket on the FT02 mentioned not too long ago in this thread?

Back