New Silverstone FT02

check the silverstone site for reviews

Newegg has placed the RV01 on sale, and every time they lower the price on a case is a sign that they are clearing space for a new version of a case which will be the RV02. I would have bought one in a heart beat at $199 w/ $20 rebate but after seeing the improvements of the RV02, I'll wait. We can expect the RV02 to be on Newegg within a week or two.

Good news for all.

I believe the SS rep stated that they're not eliminating the FT01 nor the RV01

Tony -
Any plans on optical drive bezels (specifically one for the white/silver one)?
I really want the white FT02 but mucking it up with a black optical drive will be...eh....not what I'd *like* to do.

Are you guys going to release any sort of bezel for the FT02, even better - in white/silver?

Clearing space doesn't mean eliminating a product. Newegg knows that the sales will start to slow on the RV01 when the RV02 is released so they place it on sale to lower stock levels. They did the same with the HAF 932. It was on sale for $129 2 weeks before the HAF 922 came in stock and remained $139 for another 2 weeks after.

EDIT

Sundial Micro is the first American site to show the sale of the RV02. The target release date is 8/14 for $179.

http://www.sundialmicro.com/silverstone_computer_case_sstrv02bw_1704_1687.html

Last edited:
Are you guys going to release any sort of bezel for the FT02, even better - in white/silver?

Sorry, we have no plans at this time to release matching silver bezel for FT02.

Hey Tony Ou, any news on the release date of the FT02?

As stated previously, we are aiming for September/October timeframe, which likely means you will be seeing the case in retail channels by mid-October.

So I'll have to wait till October or later for FT02-BW?
Hmm. The design looks fascinating but I'm not sure I can wait.

So I'll have to wait till October or later for FT02-BW?
Hmm. The design looks fascinating but I'm not sure I can wait.

I agree, the case is a KickAss case, might go with the Raven 2 instead of waitng until October

Hooray for $30 fans? Are the 200mm ones any more difficult/expensive to replace?

Wow... One look at that FT02 and I'm in love. No idea if I can wait until mid-October though, I have the parts for a new i7 build more or less ready (last few pieces are coming soon) so maybe will have to either hold out or maybe bite on the RV02. Hmmmmmm...

Hey Tony is the interior of the Black FT02 painted black?

Please let me know, because if not, I will just buy the RV02 sooner rather than wait for the FT02.

Very cool that my thread is so popular. I haven't checked on it for a while. I didn't realize there was so much interest.

I'm still looking forward to seeing more of the FT02.

By the way my prediction for the FT02 benchmarks is that it will have vastly superior GPU cooling to the FT01, but the CPU results will not be quite as good as the FT01, which really does a great job of getting a lot of air over the CPU.

I've seen that picture, I'm asking if the "interior" will be painted black.

Yes the outside and inside are both black, I just saw this case today here in Tokyo, the one that I saw also had a window like the Raven 2.

The case is a work of Art.;), can not wait for it, one of the most beautiful cases that I have seen.

I don't like it.

Have you seen this case up close and personal:confused:
I was able to see this case up close today at a Silverstone event here in Tokyo and it has to be one of the best looking cases that I have seen. The one that I saw was all black inside & out with a side window (I have been told that it also will come without a window)

The finish of the case is top notch and the interior in all black is a work of art.

Dan, if you have a chance to see this in person, then just maybe you will change your mind ;)

Yes the outside and inside are both black, I just saw this case today here in Tokyo, the one that I saw also had a window like the Raven 2.

The case is a work of Art.;), can not wait for it, one of the most beautiful cases that I have seen.

Thanks, That's all I need to know. I'm going to pass an the Corsair case since I'm not interested in watercooling, I need the best air cooled case possible, but still maintaining a sleek look. Most of my other parts, PSU, RAM, Cooler, will still be Corsair.

Go to this link to see the pictures of the FT02, that case was not the finished product was I told, even thought it looked great. Those pictures were taken at the Silverstone Event in Tokyo on Sat.

Was told by a Japanese Silverstone staff member that it should sell about $50 to $60 dollars more here in Japan than the Raven 2.

etc_sstone2.html

Last edited:
$50-60 mark up from the RV02 would make it more the the current FT01 now. I hope it comes in around $200-220. I've owned a ATCS 840 for $200 and the value is very high, so I hope they keep it within a reasonable range.

$50-60 mark up from the RV02 would make it more the the current FT01 now. I hope it comes in around $200-220. I've owned a ATCS 840 for $200 and the value is very high, so I hope they keep it within a reasonable range.

As I mention, that was the quote for the Japanese market, I am sure if your in American it might be cheaper.

The RV02 goes for around 19,800 here and I was told the FT02 would be around 25,000 yen to 26,000 MRP.

As for me, it is worth the price, very good case

Its probably already been stated, but it looks like some of the design was inspired by the Voodoo Omen. At least it looks that way to me

Was there any indication of launch date and market availability at the Tokyo event?

Hey Tony, we should be getting closer to the official announcement of the FT02 right?

I'm itching to buy a new case. I'm stuck waiting for the FT02 and the 800D

Hey Tony, we should be getting closer to the official announcement of the FT02 right?

I'm itching to buy a new case. I'm stuck waiting for the FT02 and the 800D

Waiting anxiously here too... Trying to stop myself from buying the RV02 instead.

Im sure the cooling will be just as bad on the ft02 as the rv02

I think your the person who had the RV02 with the bad temps. Well, your the only one I heard this from, so that's not an entirely true statement. Each system, part and builder is unique so there will be different results from person to person.

As for the case, it's much shorter than the 800D and has direct cooling which I need. But I would just appreciate an announcement atleast.

:( that there will be no bezels. Oh well...no silver FT02 for me.

I wish the RV02 looked like the RV01 with the better cooling; I'd just pick one of those up. I hate the RV02 outer styling; IMO it's ugly. But the RV02 has better cooling.

Looks like I'll keep an eye out for black FT02 launch announcements and go from there. I'm happy with my HAF922 for the time being though.

:( that there will be no bezels. Oh well...no silver FT02 for me.

I wish the RV02 looked like the RV01 with the better cooling; I'd just pick one of those up. I hate the RV02 outer styling; IMO it's ugly. But the RV02 has better cooling.

Looks like I'll keep an eye out for black FT02 launch announcements and go from there. I'm happy with my HAF922 for the time being though.

Yeah, if I don't hear something soon I will just buy a 922 also. I can find one new for under $100. But I can always sell it if the FT02 is a better case.

Will the FT02 come with a windowed side panel? If it doesn't, will the one from the RV02 fit?

I really like the airflow design of the RV02 but I don't really like the exterior. The FT02 is MUCH more to my tastes but I'd like a window.

Back