New Silverstone FT02

I would like to overclock my video cards some, maybe the CPU as well. Overclocked, the video cards get quite hot (I don't remember... they currently aren't). Also the CPU gets very hot when overclocked (fact of life with i7 I suppose).

I figure if the prices are cheap I might as well.

Just got this e-mail from Silverstone Sales Dept:

Hi,

FT02 will be available by September

Thank You

Joel
SilverStonetek
13626 Monte Vista Ave Unit, A
Chino, CA 91710
909-465-9596 Tel
909-465-9569 Fax

twich99, thank you for the suggestions. To answer your question, the retail 180mm fans aren't available for sale yet. There will be three 180mm fan models coming next month:

FN181 - black, fixed speed, 700rpm, 100CFM
FN181 - clear w/ blue LED, fixed speed 700rpm, 100CFM
FM181 - white, variable speeds, 500rpm ~ 1300rpm, 65CFM ~ 150CFM

The FM181 will have dual ball bearing while the other two will remain sleeve. We are fully commited to provide our customers with choices and support and that's why we are releasing three models at the same time.

We know that many of our customers have very strong preference for component selections, so the 180mm fan brackets in RV02 and FT02 all have mounting holes for 120mm fan. You are not bound to use only our fans in these cases.

hey do you know if the ft02 and the rv02 will be the end of the ft01 and rv01?

I really wish they would add an eighth expansion slot. Other than that, this case is perfect.

hey do you know if the ft02 and the rv02 will be the end of the ft01 and rv01?

No, we will continue selling both FT01 and RV01 after the new cases debut. There are still some very important differences between these cases:

RV01 - 114 liters size, supports Extended ATX motherboard, six 3.5" hard drives
RV02 - 69 liters size, supports standard ATX motherboard, three 3.5" hard drives

FT01 - 51 liters size, all aluminum, supports seven 3.5" hard drives
FT02 - 65 liters size, aluminum unibody frame and steel body, supports five 3.5" hard drives

I really wish they would add an eighth expansion slot. Other than that, this case is perfect.

Sorry, but if you need that eighth slot, the RAVEN RV02 will be a better fit. It has the space for eight expansion slots because of a simpler hard drive cage. The hot-swap capable drive cage for the FT02 does not have enough room.

Below is a picture of RV02 showing off its capacity:

RV02_2s.jpg

No, we will continue selling both FT01 and RV01 after the new cases debut. There are still some very important differences between these cases:

RV01 - 114 liters size, supports Extended ATX motherboard, six 3.5" hard drives
RV02 - 69 liters size, supports standard ATX motherboard, three 3.5" hard drives

FT01 - 51 liters size, all aluminum, supports seven 3.5" hard drives
FT02 - 65 liters size, aluminum unibody frame and steel body, supports five 3.5" hard drives

Tony, does FT02 qualify as a midtower case or is it a full tower?

The definition for a full tower case varies, but for us, the FT02 would qualify as a mid tower case because it cannot support Extended ATX motherboard. Below is a picture showing the height difference among all four cases:

180mm_fan_compatible.jpg

The FT02 is bigger in size than the FT01 entirely due to its depth, which is 616mm compared to 495mm for FT01.

From the looks of those pics I'll probably pick up the rv02 since I have no need for hot swap bays and I would like the 8th expansion slot.

Last edited:
The new RAVEN website and the RV02 product page are now up:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/

There was an unexpected delay, but the RV02 is finally shipping from factory this week. So expect to see this case in stores by the middle of August.

I'm not sure how much I like the side panel but other then that the case looks great.

I was really looking forward to what the new fortress case would look like, the ft01 being one of my favorites. I'm kinda disappointed though, I wanted something similar to the FT01, just in a full tower and maybe fix a few of its flaws, like making the top fan filter easier to take out. Not sure what I think about this trend of the sideways motherboard layout.

Ah well, any chance that Silverstone might do some kind of hardware revision to its FT01? I know lian-li sometimes do that to their old cases, like their pc-6/7-Plus.

I just got an FT01 for a build I am doing for someone. It is a magnificent looking case. The photos online really don't do it justice. The fit and finish is striking. It is also whisper quiet. Core i7 temps with the stock cooler are great. I'd say it is considerably better looking than my TJ07.

Can't wait to try the FT02.

Does the back plate on the rv-02 support the i7 1366 board? That picture looks like it does not.

Sorry, but if you need that eighth slot, the RAVEN RV02 will be a better fit. It has the space for eight expansion slots because of a simpler hard drive cage. The hot-swap capable drive cage for the FT02 does not have enough room.

Below is a picture of RV02 showing off its capacity:

I really like the RV02, and will probably get it when it becomes available! Now I just need to come up with a set convincing of reasons for abandoning my new TJ-10 or else my wife will kill me slowly... :D

Hi Tony,

The website says the RV02 supports CEB boards.

Would it accept this one:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Tyan...x16)-Triple-DDR3-1066-1333(OC)-SATA-3Gb-s-CEB

The RV02 and FT02 can both take motherboards up to 11 inches wide. That Tyan board is 10.5 inches so it will fit without any problems.

Does the back plate on the rv-02 support the i7 1366 board? That picture looks like it does not.

CPU socket position varies from board to board so I really can't tell you if i7 1366 board in general will fit or not because there are different types of 1366 motherboard. For your information, the motherboard used in our photo shoot is a MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 motherboard (this does not mean other AM3 board will be the same).

Will the Silverstone FT02 be out by the end of August in Japan Tony?

There is no definite schedule yet for FT02 right now, but due to RV02's delay we do not expect FT02 to ship until September timeframe or later. The RV02 should be available in Japan as soon as the second week of August.

There is no definite schedule yet for FT02 right now, but due to RV02's delay we do not expect FT02 to ship until September timeframe or later. The RV02 should be available in Japan as soon as the second week of August.

Thanks Tony for the reply, since I own the FT01-B I was looking to also get the FT02-B, would you have any more pictures of this case?

If the RV02 becomes available in Japan around the second week of August, can we still expect to have it in North America at the same time?

Alright let me be more specific Tony. Do you know if the rv-02 backplate will support the asus p6t deluxe?

Thanks Tony for the reply, since I own the FT01-B I was looking to also get the FT02-B, would you have any more pictures of this case?

Since the FT02 is not in production, I do not have any additional pictures of this case other than the ones taken of the pre-production case. Please keep in mind that the final product will have better finish so please reserve your judgement until the case is officially announced.

FT02B_02.JPG

If the RV02 becomes available in Japan around the second week of August, can we still expect to have it in North America at the same time?

As already mentioned in the previous page, the RV02 should be widely available beginning in the middle of August. Unfortunately I can't give you a more accurate timeframe than this for North America. Sorry

Alright let me be more specific Tony. Do you know if the rv-02 backplate will support the asus p6t deluxe?

The ASUS P6T Deluxe has a more standard CPU socket layout (where the CPU is located on the left half of the board as opposed to the MSI 790FX-GD70) so you will be able to work on its CPU cooler backplate while mounted in the RV02. For future inquiries that deals with specific product compatibility questions, you are more than welcome to write to our support staff at: [email protected]

Thanks Tony, the FT02-B looks great.

Would you have a MSRP for these cases in US dollars? It would seem that the the FT02 would cost more.

Also do both cases have a fan controller or just the Raven?

Last edited:
Doing a quick search (via shopbot.com.au), the case is available for pre-order in Australia, for about 200,00 $ AUD (around165 $ USD). As usual, other factors will have an impact on price so it will likely not be a direct conversion...

Doing a quick search (via shopbot.com.au), the case is available for pre-order in Australia, for about 200,00 $ AUD (around165 $ USD). As usual, other factors will have an impact on price so it will likely not be a direct conversion...

Nice but I was hoping to see the Silverstone Fortress FT02 listed also.

It's a shame that the FT02 wont be in stores until Sept/Oct. Some of us who wish they had a FT02 will have to get the RV02 since its coming out earlier. I rather have aluminum but the RV02 is only 2 weeks away rather than 1-2 months.

Back