New Silverstone Alta F1

So Asus TUF and NV refference models are confirmed to work in that orientation. I have linked this thread in many places, please - if anyone have bought Alta F1, post your resoult here, specially with GPU temps. It looks like nobody care about this issue, and its gonna be the only database for future Alta F1 and GPU users combined.

Thank You Mythras for detailed info!
I think this is mostly being blown out of proportion, at least for the 30 series. I can’t speak for AMD as I haven’t looked at very many of their coolers, but anyone else is free to do so.

The Strix was always going to be problematic, being that five of seven of its heat pipes bend above the heat source as evidenced in the Techpowerup link below. The only other models that I believe had the potential to be problematic due to their heat pipe orientation are the Asus TUF and the Evga XC3, because they have a few pipes that bend above the heat source. That said, we can check off the TUF as seen above and we’re down to what would seem to be a single model.

I’ve tested the Evga 3080 FTW3, which produced identical temperatures in either orientation, and the 3080 Hybrid FTW3 in my sig obviously doesn’t have any issues. I can’t say with certainty, but all the 30 series coolers from MSI, Giigabyte, and Zotac look like there won’t be any problems as none of the heat pipes bend above the heat source when mounted in a case like the Alta F1.

Edit - Took a peak over at r/sffpc and there are tons of people with XC3 cards in a NZXT H1. Needless to say, temperatures look unaffected from orientation and similar compared to what I've seen elsewhere in typical SFF cases.

TPU link - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3090-strix-oc/2.html

Last edited:
I think this is mostly being blown out of proportion, at least for the 30 series. I can’t speak for AMD as I haven’t looked at very many of their coolers, but anyone else is free to do so.

The Strix was always going to be problematic, being that five of seven of its heat pipes bend above the heat source as evidenced in the Techpowerup link below. The only other models that I believe had the potential to be problematic due to their heat pipe orientation are the Asus TUF and the Evga XC3, because they have a few pipes that bend above the heat source. That said, we can check off the TUF as seen above and we’re down to what would seem to be a single model.

I’ve tested the Evga 3080 FTW3, which produced identical temperatures in either orientation, and the 3080 Hybrid FTW3 in my sig obviously doesn’t have any issues. I can’t say with certainty, but all the 30 series coolers from MSI, Giigabyte, and Zotac look like there won’t be any problems as none of the heat pipes bend above the heat source when mounted in a case like the Alta F1.

Edit - Took a peak over at r/sffpc and there are tons of people with XC3 cards in a NZXT H1. Needless to say, temperatures look unaffected from orientation and similar compared to what I've seen elsewhere in typical SFF cases.

TPU link - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3090-strix-oc/2.html
That lead only to confusion. Differences between authors AMD and NV coolers are minimal - except cold plate all heatpipes seems to be identical, yet on NV these works .... fine? Thats why we need sure information, not speculations, theories etc. beacuse in theory all cards should be ok. My previous GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio was working fine somehow...
I"m really mad, after writing to LTT, Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed and other big fishes i that topic, that noone actually made any tests. Manufacturers didnt also wanted to do tests, except MSI, which did the test, but with riser cable (they used vertical-horizontal layout). Not sure if i trust any manufacturer and reviewer in future, but it is my last PC modernisation. I loved 90 degree layout since i first saw it, and now, while whole backplate of my GPU is heavly dusted (beacuse it sits in standard orientation) i'm not happy with resoults of that modernisation (upgrade).

What i'm sure, is ignoring the issue, only beacuse its niche market will bring guant issues later. RGB was also niche, and see what it is now.

I also dont understand Noctua, which got project of GPU cooler from me, and dont want to use this chance/moment, while they would be the ONLY one, that would make such coolers - nothing except RTX FE use blower kind of cooling.

We'll see in future if the issue expand or die natural way, but new generation GPU's (next year) can also be affected, and only third party coolers will be compatible.

What is with all this worry for the GPU in a 90 degree orientation? The card wont overheat and fail no matter what orientation you put it in as long as the hot air around it the card is producing gets moved away which is what the bottom intake fans are doing. Take a look at the sl600m case its also a chimney design case but with a regular motherboard layout. In a traditional orientation the GPU is a few degrees cooler but the CPU suffers because the heat off the GPUs backplate. In a vertical setup in that case the GPU is a few degrees warmer but the CPU becomes a lot cooler. With the Alta F1 being a 90 degree layout the CPU will not get too heated from the GPU and the GPU will also be plenty cool. The only extra things that would improve GPU thermals is completely deleting any shroud on the card and having a horizontal fin stack instead of vertical so the air from the bottom will go into the fin stack channels directly instead of hitting a wall and only moving the air around the GPU instead of through it. It probably wouldn't matter much anyways since the GPU fans themselves do a good job of pushing air into and away from the card where then the bottom fans will push that air out the top.

What is with all this worry for the GPU in a 90 degree orientation? The card wont overheat and fail no matter what orientation you put it in as long as the hot air around it the card is producing gets moved away which is what the bottom intake fans are doing. Take a look at the sl600m case its also a chimney design case but with a regular motherboard layout. In a traditional orientation the GPU is a few degrees cooler but the CPU suffers because the heat off the GPUs backplate. In a vertical setup in that case the GPU is a few degrees warmer but the CPU becomes a lot cooler. With the Alta F1 being a 90 degree layout the CPU will not get too heated from the GPU and the GPU will also be plenty cool. The only extra things that would improve GPU thermals is completely deleting any shroud on the card and having a horizontal fin stack instead of vertical so the air from the bottom will go into the fin stack channels directly instead of hitting a wall and only moving the air around the GPU instead of through it. It probably wouldn't matter much anyways since the GPU fans themselves do a good job of pushing air into and away from the card where then the bottom fans will push that air out the top.
I dont undestrand why You asking. Did you read previous pages? 20-40 degree of difference is MUCH of a problem - noise, clock boosting - everything combined. Its not few degree warmer, its minimal 20 degree difference. I putted links, made my own tests, spent 4100$ for getting different GPU's and i'm more than sure - ITS NOT OK, and there is "SoMeThInG" to worry about.

Thing you say about fin stack in GPU it completly correct - but show me which have it (from new gen)? Only RTX 3000 series and only FE, i got Radeon. Not everyone can sell his kidney to buy ovepriced RTX 3080 (not to mention Radeons arent cheap right now also). BTW RTX 3000 series also have this problems (not FE) and its just lucky shoot what you get - thats why i ask to write down in this topic (90 degree case) which GPU is working fine without 100 degree Junction temp

If you fail to find it :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/lrd8g6/are_my_rx_6800_xt_temps_normal_reference_design/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/k0ccmu/6800xt_card_orientation_seems_to_make_a_difference/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/khwbl2/nitro_6800xt_normal_junction_temp/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kyi9w7/important_note_to_pc_case_owners_with_rotated/ - Quote from this thread "it turns out the heat pipe cooler on the 6800 xt and 6900 xt doesn't work too well with the GPU oriented vertically".

My tests resoults :

GPU Vertical
- Junction : Over 97+ degree
- Core : 67 degree
CPU Vertical
- 84 degree

GPU Horizontal (standard)
- Junction : 77 degree
- Core : 65 degree
CPU Horizontal
- 86 degree

Issue is known since ~10 years .

Last edited:
Since there seems to people here clued up on the 90° rotation + heat pipes issue...
How do you think my PowerColor Rx5700 XT Dual Fan (Not Red Dragon) would fare?
It has three heat pipes - two under the source of heat and one above.
But it has the advantage of horizontal (or I guess vertical when rotated) grills which mean it should benefit from the rotation and the possibility of mounting a fan above it to suck out it's exhaust.
How badly do you think it would be affected by being rotated?
PowerColor Dual Fan.png

PowerColor Dual Fan2.png

Regarding the Alta F1 specifically I am really on the fence. It's an awful lot of money for a very flawed case.
With the advent of glass-sided cases, as far as I am concerned, that is now the front - the most aesthetic side that should face into the room.
That puts the reverse side against the wall so putting an intake vent and glass there isn't helpful. The intake should have been only on the front but at least double the height.
The rear panel should have then been solid metal but left the top section at least partially exposed so you could run cables down the back of the case out of sight.
They clearly tried to use as much existing tooling as possible. If there is going to be a PSU shroud it should really be the full width of the case and not just a box pointlessly underneath glass. There is also excessive room between the bottom fans and the motherboard cabling hole. They will of course sell it as radiator support but it would be incredibly foolish to install a radiator below the pump AND as an intake. I already have this issue with my Primera 02 so I got spacers 3D printed to move the intake fans further into the case.
The fans are also 3-pin/DC which is ludicrous in this day-and-age. Only the significantly more expensive RGB 140mm AP fans are PWM.
It also fails to take advantage of the biggest benefit of 90° rotation - being able to have an intake fan on the left side (remember I see the glass side as the front) blowing directly into the graphics card's fans. That is something you just cannot realistically do when the graphics card is at the bottom of the case so it feels like a real missed opportunity here.
I'd love to see the PSU behind the motherboard tray - although in the same orientation it is in the Alta F1 - not like the O11 Dynamic as that precludes putting the case close to any surface.
This would obviously make the case significantly deeper but then it could be narrower also as no PSU shroud. Again, I believe we should be thinking of the glass side as the front now.

But ultimately despite all those criticisms, there is nothing quite like it on the market and cooling is reportedly very respectable as long as you don't have a GPU that struggles when it's heat pipes are rotated 90°.
There is also some modding potential to correct some of the flaws. Especially if Silverstone will sell us the metal/solid rear panel. Or I guess I could just leave the rear panel off completely to solve the issue of cable access.

Since there seems to people here clued up on the 90° rotation + heat pipes issue...
How do you think my PowerColor Rx5700 XT Dual Fan (Not Red Dragon) would fare?
It has three heat pipes - two under the source of heat and one above.
But it has the advantage of horizontal (or I guess vertical when rotated) grills which mean it should benefit from the rotation and the possibility of mounting a fan above it to suck out it's exhaust.
How badly do you think it would be affected by being rotated?
View attachment 379908
View attachment 379909
Regarding the Alta F1 specifically I am really on the fence. It's an awful lot of money for a very flawed case.
With the advent of glass-sided cases, as far as I am concerned, that is now the front - the most aesthetic side that should face into the room.
That puts the reverse side against the wall so putting an intake vent and glass there isn't helpful. The intake should have been only on the front but at least double the height.
The rear panel should have then been solid metal but left the top section at least partially exposed so you could run cables down the back of the case out of sight.
They clearly tried to use as much existing tooling as possible. If there is going to be a PSU shroud it should really be the full width of the case and not just a box pointlessly underneath glass. There is also excessive room between the bottom fans and the motherboard cabling hole. They will of course sell it as radiator support but it would be incredibly foolish to install a radiator below the pump AND as an intake. I already have this issue with my Primera 02 so I got spacers 3D printed to move the intake fans further into the case.
The fans are also 3-pin/DC which is ludicrous in this day-and-age. Only the significantly more expensive RGB 140mm AP fans are PWM.
It also fails to take advantage of the biggest benefit of 90° rotation - being able to have an intake fan on the left side (remember I see the glass side as the front) blowing directly into the graphics card's fans. That is something you just cannot realistically do when the graphics card is at the bottom of the case so it feels like a real missed opportunity here.
I'd love to see the PSU behind the motherboard tray - although in the same orientation it is in the Alta F1 - not like the O11 Dynamic as that precludes putting the case close to any surface.
This would obviously make the case significantly deeper but then it could be narrower also as no PSU shroud. Again, I believe we should be thinking of the glass side as the front now.

But ultimately despite all those criticisms, there is nothing quite like it on the market and cooling is reportedly very respectable as long as you don't have a GPU that struggles when it's heat pipes are rotated 90°.
There is also some modding potential to correct some of the flaws. Especially if Silverstone will sell us the metal/solid rear panel. Or I guess I could just leave the rear panel off completely to solve the issue of cable access.
If youre not sure, if this GPU will work in that orientation, just place your case on its front and run some furmark or any other stress test. If You gonna see +20-30 degree more (than standard stress temps) on hotspot, then its not designed to work in that orientation.

If youre not sure, if this GPU will work in that orientation, just place your case on its front and run some furmark or any other stress test. If You gonna see +20-30 degree more (than standard stress temps) on hotspot, then its not designed to work in that orientation.
Yeah I had considered that but I have no idea how I could practically and safely raise it up so that the intake fans are unobstructed. I definitely would see a GPU temperature increase if I just put it on it's front as it wouldn't get any air!

Received the fan yesterday, I would have loved if the shroud was easily removable, that would have made the mounting much easier. Otherwise nice, sturdy case !

Attachments

• DSC_0073.JPG
    DSC_0073.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 0
Yeah I had considered that but I have no idea how I could practically and safely raise it up so that the intake fans are unobstructed. I definitely would see a GPU temperature increase if I just put it on it's front as it wouldn't get any air!
Then do as i did, put something under its front to make distance between front panel and ground. I dont know, any wooden plates, books etc?

So I got the email that the F1 is now available at Newegg in the US.
This thread got me worried though, so I decided to AB test rotating my case. 15c worse during Timespy with my card vertical. I'm assuming it would have been worse if I did things proper and fixed the fan speed. I think I'm going to go with the Fractal Torrent instead. It's just too difficult to swap graphics cards right now.

The card is an evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra, in case anyone actually gets around to compiling a list of cards that don't work vertical.

So I got the email that the F1 is now available at Newegg in the US.
This thread got me worried though, so I decided to AB test rotating my case. 15c worse during Timespy with my card vertical. I'm assuming it would have been worse if I did things proper and fixed the fan speed. I think I'm going to go with the Fractal Torrent instead. It's just too difficult to swap graphics cards right now.

The card is an evga 3090 FTW3 Ultra, in case anyone actually gets around to compiling a list of cards that don't work vertical.
Thanks for helping to alert everyone here on the thread! Below are direct links to the ordering pages on Newegg. In the end Newegg turned out to be the best choice for this limited release:

ALTA F1 Silver
https://www.newegg.com/silverstone-alta-f1-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811163421?Item=N82E16811163421

ALTA F1 Black
https://www.newegg.com/black-silver...-tower/p/N82E16811163422?Item=N82E16811163422

When you do AB test, please double check to make sure you are getting plenty of airflow from the front (or bottom when you rotate the case) panel, preferably there should be more than 5 cm (2 inches) gap from the floor. If you are simultaneously getting worse temperatures to CPU and everything else then case might be starved for fresh airflow overall when rotated.

Thanks for helping to alert everyone here on the thread! Below are direct links to the ordering pages on Newegg. In the end Newegg turned out to be the best choice for this limited release:

ALTA F1 Silver
https://www.newegg.com/silverstone-alta-f1-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811163421?Item=N82E16811163421

ALTA F1 Black
https://www.newegg.com/black-silver...-tower/p/N82E16811163422?Item=N82E16811163422

When you do AB test, please double check to make sure you are getting plenty of airflow from the front (or bottom when you rotate the case) panel, preferably there should be more than 5 cm (2 inches) gap from the floor. If you are simultaneously getting worse temperatures to CPU and everything else then case might be starved for fresh airflow overall when rotated.
Black version is showing out of stock. Will Newegg be getting more in stock, or is it a limited run and silver is all that's left?

Black version is showing out of stock. Will Newegg be getting more in stock, or is it a limited run and silver is all that's left?
We do have some more in stock at our US office. So please go ahead and click on Newegg's auto-notify button to let them know to order more from us to replenish their stock. So far we've only quietly announced ALTA F1's availability on Newegg via e-mails sent to those on the waiting list. Was planning on announcing it in this thread later today, but Static Albatross beat me to it! So if our estimates were correct, we should have imported enough for everyone to buy on the waiting list and those here on the HardForum. We've received numerous inquiries from media and system builders for ALTA F1 samples but have held them off for now. We want everyone that contributed in getting this case to the US to have a chance to buy first!

Folks, it happened. I did it again, swapped GPU for RTX 3080 TUF, bought Alta F1 and guess what.....
P_20210827_223311.jpgP_20210827_223347.jpg
GPU on silent BIOS - max 71 degree, CPU - 75 degree.I can officially state, that this specific GPU is working fine in this layout.

Here are more data to share with you guys on the newer RTX 3070Ti based cards when they are installed vertically.

Minimal performance loss (around 5C difference)
COLORFUL iGame RTX 3070 Ti Vulcan OC 8G

Some performance loss (around 10C difference)
GALAX RTX 3070 Ti EXG White

Significant performance loss (greater than 15C difference)
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070 Ti O8G Gaming
MSI RTX 3070 Ti SUPRIM X 8G

Here are more data to share with you guys on the newer RTX 3070Ti based cards when they are installed vertically.

Thats very usefull data. Thanks Tony!
BTW - are there plans to sell solid metal panels separatly? I didnt writed any review yet about the case, but its really small space for cable managment. My 24pin cable for motherboard is pushing glass panel out (its braided, but rounded, not flat), every opening/closing side panel is pretty hard. Same for fans cables - there is only one way to route them - through holes on top "service" panel. I had short cables for fans and needed to use extensions to reach fan ports on motherboard beacuse there is not much holes. Metal side panel COULD have more spacing, just like this:
1.png
Also You guys made good decission of side panel mounting mechanism, but bottom rail on side panel itself is little bit too short - user need to hold panel almost vertically to fit rail in case frame. Solution seen in Cooler Master Maserbox 5 would be much better (panel bottom rail was much bigger, that let the panel angle while opening much more, hence make it easier to handle/mount).

Anyway, i'm very happy to look at my PC now, its cleanest looking case i ever had, even without rubber gromets - those also would be nice addon for case in future (revision 2?)

Thats very usefull data. Thanks Tony!
BTW - are there plans to sell solid metal panels separatly? I didnt writed any review yet about the case, but its really small space for cable managment. My 24pin cable for motherboard is pushing glass panel out (its braided, but rounded, not flat), every opening/closing side panel is pretty hard. Same for fans cables - there is only one way to route them - through holes on top "service" panel. I had short cables for fans and needed to use extensions to reach fan ports on motherboard beacuse there is not much holes. Metal side panel COULD have more spacing, just like this:
View attachment 390885
Also You guys made good decission of side panel mounting mechanism, but bottom rail on side panel itself is little bit too short - user need to hold panel almost vertically to fit rail in case frame. Solution seen in Cooler Master Maserbox 5 would be much better (panel bottom rail was much bigger, that let the panel angle while opening much more, hence make it easier to handle/mount).

Anyway, i'm very happy to look at my PC now, its cleanest looking case i ever had, even without rubber gromets - those also would be nice addon for case in future (revision 2?)
Thanks for the feedbacks! At this point, ALTA F1 remains a limited release product in North America so unless by miracle it starts to have huge demand, we are not going to be able to offer variations for this case.

Thanks Tony,
Is there a long term plan for dealing with this issue? Even if the Alta is a limited release, SilverStone has several other vertical cases on the market, with more in development.

Seems like it would be impractical for SilverStone to test all of the cards.
Ideally this is something that would be listed on the graphics card product page, but GPU manufacturers have not been interested in testing this, at least when asked by regular customers. Maybe this is something SilverStone could work with other case manufacturers on petitioning to get vertical compatibility listed on graphics card specs. I know there are now several manufacturers of vertical cases now, especially on the small form factor side of things. I mean Asus even makes a vertical case, so at least they should be willing to list it.

Thanks Tony,
Is there a long term plan for dealing with this issue? Even if the Alta is a limited release, SilverStone has several other vertical cases on the market, with more in development.

Seems like it would be impractical for SilverStone to test all of the cards.
Ideally this is something that would be listed on the graphics card product page, but GPU manufacturers have not been interested in testing this, at least when asked by regular customers. Maybe this is something SilverStone could work with other case manufacturers on petitioning to get vertical compatibility listed on graphics card specs. I know there are now several manufacturers of vertical cases now, especially on the small form factor side of things. I mean Asus even makes a vertical case, so at least they should be willing to list it.
Or they could do a riser cable to a traditional case's vertical gpu mount.

Of course this case is not a vertical oriented mother board, but there is nothing stopping silverstone from making a vertical gpu mount like this in their vertical motherboard cases.

Attachments

• core_p8_1.jpg
    core_p8_1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
We are definitely in touch with several GPU vendors, we have and will continue to "recommend" them to design their GPU cooler for vertical chassis like ours.

I know manufacturers may ignore a couple of customer requests, but when the number of requests start pilling up, they will take notice. So the best way is to ask other enthusiasts to voice their opinions too. If we both keep at it, the next gen cards should become more compatible with vertical chassis!

^^^^ Exacly. That may be dreams, but i think of GPUs with heatsink fins horizontally. Thats for future for RTX 4080/4090 or RX 7800/7900. It could gain very much in SS cases.

@Blackstone
- there should be no problems with NV Founders Edition coolers. If something goes wrong, there is still ASUS TUF, that works for 100% in that layout (but beware of ASUS software - ignore all stuff that ASUS offer and stick to MSI afterburner or something, else is just bloatware (i remove it till today, while i removed GPUI Tweak last week, and still have troubles with remaining bloatware spiking my clocks - VRAM and core - RTX 3080 TUF)).

@chimim0ry0
- It"can work" but first - you need longer raiser cable to reach PCI slot, second - you need to drill in PSU shroud for cables and screw placement, third - you will be limited with ~ 30-32cm lenght of GPU.

@Blackstone
- there should be no problems with NV Founders Edition coolers. If something goes wrong, there is still ASUS TUF, that works for 100% in that layout (but beware of ASUS software - ignore all stuff that ASUS offer and stick to MSI afterburner or something, else is just bloatware (i remove it till today, while i removed GPUI Tweak last week, and still have troubles with remaining bloatware spiking my clocks - VRAM and core - RTX 3080 TUF)).

@chimim0ry0
- It"can work" but first - you need longer raiser cable to reach PCI slot, second - you need to drill in PSU shroud for cables and screw placement, third - you will be limited with ~ 30-32cm lenght of GPU.

Of course you'd need a longer riser cable, it'd have to twist 90°. But that particular model is ment to sit on top of a traditional case's power supply shroud. No screws necessary. It doesn't connect to the pic slots on the back of the case like most other vertical mounting mechanism. So why do you need to drill and screw?

And why can't silverstone make something like this standard on their cases if gpu manufacturers don't want to design heatsinks for 90° motherboard cases?

The RTX 3090 Founder's Edition works normally in vertical cases so yeah, it'll perform well in the ALTA F1.

Honestly we don't know how well that adjustable GPU mount will work in the ALTA F1. We probably won't release something like that for vertical cases though, it seems to defeat the purpose getting a vertical case in the first place?

In
The RTX 3090 Founder's Edition works normally in vertical cases so yeah, it'll perform well in the ALTA F1.

Honestly we don't know how well that adjustable GPU mount will work in the ALTA F1. We probably won't release something like that for vertical cases though, it seems to defeat the purpose getting a vertical case in the first place?
In a perfect world, yes, it would. But considering gpu card manufacturers don't always have vertically oriented motherboard cases on mind when they design their cards' heatsinks and the current and near future of the gpu landscape dictates that we cannot pick and choose what card we can buy for our cases, having that option would be a great idea.

90° rotated cases are purchased by the ones who love the look of it. I personally would prefer only to get one for the rest of my days. But if I can't get a gpu that I prefer, which quite honestly costs more, then I'd have to make a really tough decision. Do I skip buying the graphic card? Do I buy it anyway and take the performance hit? Do I rotate my case so that the orientation and heatsink play nicely? Or do I buy another case?

Right now I'm still using my ft02. I'm holding out hope that a new successor will at least be teased in the near future so I have a goal to wait for. I have had no luck getting a 3000 nvidia or 6000 amd card. I resigned that I won't be able to and I will wait for the next series and the market to settle.

Last week the alta f1 came on the market in Japan for about 300 usd, if there is not ft02 announced or even hinted at, I might buy that case, probably not though. As I like my cases larger than that and want 180mm fans standard.

Hopefully all is of this nonsense gets sorted out by the time I get my next case and graphics card. But if not, having the option of the case I want with the graphics card I want, without rotating the case or taking a performance hit, I want that. Even if the card is at the bottom of the case. It would get far superior cooling if nothing else...

Any info about single radeon 6000 working in this case layout? I was looking at every single teardown, heatsink photos, and every GPU series have different coolers for AMD and Nvidia. I saw only one that could possibly work, but there is no info about it - MSI Gaming X.

Last edited:
Then do as i did, put something under its front to make distance between front panel and ground. I dont know, any wooden plates, books etc?
Sound like a hard science :p

I love my FT02s (because 5.25 bays can be populated with old-school stuff), but I'm really curious where from(China, USA, etc) and how much it all costed to import it to Poland? (it's nearly impossible to buy anything without VAT now I guess, and eBay only worsened and compilcated situation right now).

Wow, that looks great! I haven't seen any reviews yet, how is the build quality? How is it (overall) compared to the FT02?
I've owned the FT02, still own an FT05 and the only thing I was really worried about was the amount of room for cables behind the motherboard. The FT05 was terrible in this regard, I believe mostly due to the side panel being inserted into the case. Anyway, the Alta F1 has plenty of room for cable management due to how to glass sits on the side of the case and how they go on is fantastic imo. I also wasn't sure how well the filters would work and while they do pop on and off rather easily, I generally take a vacuum cleaner attachment to both instead of removing them, which is even more convenient.

If I had to pick something to nitpick about, it would be possibly wanting a metal or heavily dark tinted glass panel on the right/back side, but it's really not needed and having a little bit of light coming in from the other side is not necessarily a bad thing visually. I used some big parts (EATX board, D15 + both fans, 240mm radiator) and it was a total breeze getting them into this thing. The Alta F1 is a really really solid case and exceeded my expectations in every way.

Just to add in case anyone is interested, I replaced the stock fans with Silverstone Air Penetrator 140i ARGB fans and the ones on the radiator are Noctua NF-A12x25 Chromax fans.

badpixel You can Buy case from CaseKing with shipping for around 1200zł, or in morele.net for 1350zł there is even more shops, type in google - more and more shops have this case in our sweet "cebulandia".

MissJ84 How was your 24 pin cable from PSU on backside of motherboard? For me its bending whole side panel (its not mixed with other cables - single 24 pin cable is enough to put stress on side panel holding mechanism.
Also i agree that backside of motheboard should be much more tinted or even full metal. I ordered silver-matt foil to hide all cables from visual. Not sure what to do with this visible part above motherboard tray, where all cables from I/O (top) are visible - everyone who visited me in last month was making me mad - everyone saw that cables and pointed it out at first.

I havent done any DIY yet, i just putted everything into working condition, but no matter how hard i would try, everyone sees cables at the top of case. Thats something i was concerned before case launch, but its also something that can be fixed.

What is on my mind is really tough DIY, with top of the case opening on hinges. Imagine side panels tinted black above motherboard area, and all 3 top fans opening to one side - full access to motherboard I/O and Graphic card video outputs. Too bad i'm not sure if side panel on mobo backside is gonna hold on till then, its starting to unstick (glass from metal) on top :( .

God I hate that I convinced myself this is the perfect case to upgrade from Raven RV02 and I can't get it in the UK. CaseKing doesn't ship to UK, overclockers have no plans to stock it, I can't get it reshipped from EU without incurring additional import taxes. I guess i'm stuck for another 10 years lol

God I hate that I convinced myself this is the perfect case to upgrade from Raven RV02 and I can't get it in the UK. CaseKing doesn't ship to UK, overclockers have no plans to stock it, I can't get it reshipped from EU without incurring additional import taxes. I guess i'm stuck for another 10 years lol
Did you seen this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SilverSton...rds=silverstone+alta+f1&qid=1635091790&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SilverSton...rds=silverstone+alta+f1&qid=1635091823&sr=8-2

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
About solid steel panels....

received_702311414079235.jpeg

I just need to ask again - when ? ;)

This is just a sticky foil, as you can see it doesnt match color at all, but still looks better than visible cable mess.
I'm not that happy with resoult, as i got lot of scratches (it was meant to be scratch resistant, as its for cars tuning - they stick it over whole car body) and got 2 little folds that are visible, but still no cables visible.

So got my case today and prepping to build. Lovely looking case to be honest and will be a worthy upgrade to the FT05 I think.

I will say though the case needs a few tweaks. Namely, the top fan/radiator mount needs to be toolless removeable with a fan & rgb 'extension' header on the top (if I missed this, my apologies) . As is, if I need to plug something in I think I'm going to have to remove the side panel if I have a rad or fans up there?!?. With a fan extension header there, and with many fans now being daisy chainable, that'd provide a quick way to do work in the top of the case. And some sort of mesh grill to 'delete' the above motherboard header fan spot to clean up the case as well.

I do think if I wasn't such a Silverstone diehard {(I'm currently cramming a 5800X+3090 into a Sugo 15, lol) (and maybe if there were reviews available)} I might have skipped this though and either kept my FT05, or looked into the CoolerMaster Cosmos

Hey here's a random question (and I suspect the answer is "no", but I'll ask all the same): I've mostly bought cases that were "inverted" (window on the right side) ever since I first bought an FT02. Is the Alta F1 able to be rearranged or bolted together in such a way that it could be disassembled facing the other direction?

Back