New Silverstone Alta F1

Liked my FT02, only drawbacks imo were lack of rubber grommets and lack of space behind the back panel. Does this have grommets to keep the cabling more tidy? Looked at quite a few pics and not easy to say one way or the other.

I think anytime within half a year can be considered shortly? But yeah, our goal is to always release these new products as soon as possible if we get through those nagging production difficulties. 2020 is our goal for complete lineup launch.

Tony, I currently have a FT05 that has served me well for 5 years and looking to upgrade due to the increasing size of GPUs. Do you know if there is any update on the Alta S1?

That's my ideal case given the awesome looks / air performance but if it doesn't make it to production will definitely upgrade to the Alta F1

Liked my FT02, only drawbacks imo were lack of rubber grommets and lack of space behind the back panel. Does this have grommets to keep the cabling more tidy? Looked at quite a few pics and not easy to say one way or the other.

Tony noted that there are not rubber grommets included, and I have included his quote below. I had an FT05 that was tight for cable management but I found with cable ties and using the tie down points I was able to keep everything relatively tidy. In any event, I thought it was an easy trade off for the clean looks and awesome air performance of the FT series

"Currently we will have dual tempered glass version to start and then dual solid steel panels as quiet versions at later dates. I don't think we will create more versions for now as we haven't even released the case officially yet! Rubber grommets are not included."

Tony noted that there are not rubber grommets included, and I have included his quote below. I had an FT05 that was tight for cable management but I found with cable ties and using the tie down points I was able to keep everything relatively tidy. In any event, I thought it was an easy trade off for the clean looks and awesome air performance of the FT series

"Currently we will have dual tempered glass version to start and then dual solid steel panels as quiet versions at later dates. I don't think we will create more versions for now as we haven't even released the case officially yet! Rubber grommets are not included."

Bit odd as they've been standard in a lot of enthusiast cases for years now =/

I modded a case a couple of months ago that lacked grommets so I bought some rubber Edging and it did the job fine, just be sure to get the right size (tight enough to grip the panel), a very cheap and easy mod.

Edit: To expand on that - you can make grommets by attaching pieces of rubber sheet using suitable glue to the back side of the edging, just cut an 'X' with a craft knife. It works and is very easy and cheap to do.

Last edited:
Tony, I currently have a FT05 that has served me well for 5 years and looking to upgrade due to the increasing size of GPUs. Do you know if there is any update on the Alta S1?

That's my ideal case given the awesome looks / air performance but if it doesn't make it to production will definitely upgrade to the Alta F1

The ALTA S1 project has been postponed to next year. Please note that the prototype was 125 liters in size, which is significantly larger than FT05 at 46 liters. We do plan on reducing the size of ALTA S1 for production but it'll still tower over the FT05 so this is something you may want to think about when it comes to your next case if you are used to FT05's relatively small footprint!

The ALTA S1 project has been postponed to next year. Please note that the prototype was 125 liters in size, which is significantly larger than FT05 at 46 liters. We do plan on reducing the size of ALTA S1 for production but it'll still tower over the FT05 so this is something you may want to think about when it comes to your next case if you are used to FT05's relatively small footprint!

Hi Tony! Great to see real person from SilverStone here.
Are you guys planning to keep 11 extensions slots in Alta S1? I have the SM X10DRG-Q mobo and desperately searching for a case with 11 PCI slots and vertical GPU layout. Plan to install 4x Tesla K80, or something else FP64-capable. Obviously I will need to do some DIY for GPUs cooling and mobo mounting, but Alta S1 looked like a great starting point. Wonder if I should wait Alta for (another) year or try completely different route.

To use fans larger than 140mm, you will need to mount it underneath the fan mounts, but doing this will also reduce the overall intake area in the bottom compartment. Our testing shows three of our new 140mm Air Penetrator fans can outperform two AP181 fans in the ALTA F1 due to this fan mount position limit for larger fans.

The included 140mm fans, which we will release separately in retail as "AP140i" sometimes in October are meant to run at full speed up to 1500rpm at 30dBA so it's not that loud to begin with. It's capable of starting up at 5V to about 500 ~ 600rpm so with DC/voltage control from your motherboard or fan controller, it can go silent as well.

Thanks again for the replies throughout this thread!

Any chance we'll see an AP140i PRO release?
Quick edit - I'm also curious if an AB140R-ARGB will be offered in the future.

Last edited:

Oh wow didn't realize the size increase was that large! It's challenging to gauge from the videos online! Your response is much appreciated - seems like the F1 might be a better fit even though that curved glass on the S1 is super nice!

Last edited:
Oh that's disappointing to hear. Not sure I can hold off my upgrade until Q2 next year. Not sure what case I can use now really wanted the inceted design.

Oh that's disappointing to hear. Not sure I can hold off my upgrade until Q2 next year. Not sure what case I can use now really wanted the inceted design.

Looked like I read S1 as F1. So F1 still on schedule? Can I buy the solid panels separate at a later date?

Looked like I read S1 as F1. So F1 still on schedule? Can I buy the solid panels separate at a later date?
Technically both are delayed. The S1 is on hold until middle of next year while F1 has production issues that we need to solve before mass production can continue. We managed a very small batch production with the F1 last month but only enough for limited release in China.

No plan to offer side panel for sale separately at the moment for F1.

So Alta F1 are going to be released November 20th, or is it delayed further?

Sounds like it is next year now which sucks because I was totally going to use this case and don't want to wait until February or March

So Alta F1 are going to be released November 20th, or is it delayed further?
Probably not going to make that schedule now, currently we can only make about a hundred ALTA F1 a day. Which is way too low of a volume so production method needs to improve before we can schedule to make more for worldwide release. In the meantime, check out this Chinese YouTuber's video on building a dual OS PC with the ALTA F1

Probably not going to make that schedule now, currently we can only make about a hundred ALTA F1 a day. Which is way too low of a volume so production method needs to improve before we can schedule to make more for worldwide release. In the meantime, check out this Chinese YouTuber's video on building a dual OS PC with the ALTA F1

To be fair with You - i was going to modernise my PC in Febuary - together with new case, so thats not big deal for me, but what i'm aware (and my modernising plan was including that) was low availability for Alta F1 in Poland after release. Sad its not going to be released this year, but i hope with larger avaiability of new Ryzen and RTX graphics card (or AMD, who knows) Alta F1 will also be available.

Also thanks for any information You shared here. Silverstone should not be afraid to share any delays on Facebook page - saw some people writing there and asking about release date (me included). Any info is better than no info.
So thanks again, there is one place where we can get some knowledge about this fantastic case.

My only fear is for vertical GPU mounting (as i also stated on FB) - its too close to glass panel. Thermaltake have fantastic design of rotatable GPU mounting covers (see attached image) - you dont have 5 horizontal, and 2 vertical as in standard cases, but 7 horizontal, with ability to unscrew 4 thumbscrews and mount it vertically. Of course they patented it, i just checked, but there is one smart way of over-pass the patent. Make exacly same frame with GPU mountings, for 5 slots horizontal as usual and 2 vertical (just like now), cut the whole frame and mount it on rivets. This way you wont use their patent, as You wont give user availability to rotate that frame, but smarter users wil get the point of drilling through rivets, rotating whole thing and putting new rivets.

BTW is there any inofrmation about status of Raven prototype?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
To be fair with You - i was going to modernise my PC in Febuary - together with new case, so thats not big deal for me, but what i'm aware (and my modernising plan was including that) was low availability for Alta F1 in Poland after release. Sad its not going to be released this year, but i hope with larger avaiability of new Ryzen and RTX graphics card (or AMD, who knows) Alta F1 will also be available.

Also thanks for any information You shared here. Silverstone should not be afraid to share any delays on Facebook page - saw some people writing there and asking about release date (me included). Any info is better than no info.
So thanks again, there is one place where we can get some knowledge about this fantastic case.

My only fear is for vertical GPU mounting (as i also stated on FB) - its too close to glass panel. Thermaltake have fantastic design of rotatable GPU mounting covers (see attached image) - you dont have 5 horizontal, and 2 vertical as in standard cases, but 7 horizontal, with ability to unscrew 4 thumbscrews and mount it vertically. Of course they patented it, i just checked, but there is one smart way of over-pass the patent. Make exacly same frame with GPU mountings, for 5 slots horizontal as usual and 2 vertical (just like now), cut the whole frame and mount it on rivets. This way you wont use their patent, as You wont give user availability to rotate that frame, but smarter users wil get the point of drilling through rivets, rotating whole thing and putting new rivets.

BTW is there any inofrmation about status of Raven prototype?
Thanks for the feedbacks!

We've completely revamped the RAVEN prototype so it will be nothing like the ones we've shown at previous tradeshows. This will be a 2021 product as well!

Thanks for the feedbacks!

We've completely revamped the RAVEN prototype so it will be nothing like the ones we've shown at previous tradeshows. This will be a 2021 product as well!

Tony, can you please give me some information about the s1? I, too, have tried several times to talk to the silverstone Facebook page and direct emails but I never get a response.

I can't find it any more, but I remember reading somewhere that the alta s1 will no longer have curved side panels. Is that true?

Tony, can you please give me some information about the s1? I, too, have tried several times to talk to the silverstone Facebook page and direct emails but I never get a response.

I can't find it any more, but I remember reading somewhere that the alta s1 will no longer have curved side panels. Is that true?
After making a few samples with that huge curved class on the ALTA S1 prototype and consulting with glass manufacturers, it appears that "rippling" look when glass is stretched on both sides cannot be overcome with the current manufacturing process. Nothing is final yet, but we are probably going to change that side panel into aluminum and glass combo instead.

I like the case, but I don't water cool. This case isnt really designed for air cooling. The top hat is really for a radiator, and would look funny if you don't have anything in there, because you put a rear fan in the case. They need an alta F1 jr, with no top hat. haha

This case is very similar to the RV-02/FT-02 which are best air cooling cases ever. The "top hat" is for cable management as the I/O panel is at the top of the case. I am sure when Gamers Nexus and other reviewers get their hands on this they will give it top marks for air cooling. It is actually designed more for the best air cooling than water cooling. Bottom to top airflow with no obstructions just pure laminar flow.

After making a few samples with that huge curved class on the ALTA S1 prototype and consulting with glass manufacturers, it appears that "rippling" look when glass is stretched on both sides cannot be overcome with the current manufacturing process. Nothing is final yet, but we are probably going to change that side panel into aluminum and glass combo instead.
Thank you Tony for the information.

When do you think we'll start to get to see specs and pictures of the f1, s1, and new Raven? I am currently getting parts to build a new system and I do not want to settle on a case I'm not going to be happy with. So my plan is to build my new system in my good old ft02 and wait to decide on your new cases. I almost bought a lian li o11xl, but I found this thread and it gave me hope again

Thank you Tony for the information.

When do you think we'll start to get to see specs and pictures of the f1, s1, and new Raven? I am currently getting parts to build a new system and I do not want to settle on a case I'm not going to be happy with. So my plan is to build my new system in my good old ft02 and wait to decide on your new cases. I almost bought a lian li o11xl, but I found this thread and it gave me hope again

We will definitely have product page up on our website when they are ready for worldwide launch. Unfortunately I don't have timeframe on when that will happen. For the ALTA F1, below are some its essential specifications:

Standard ALTA F1 will have material consists of aluminum front, bottom, and rear shell, steel chassis, tempered glass side panels.
Compatible with ATX motherboard up to 12" x 11" (SSI-CEB)
Drive bay - Internal 3.5" x 2, 2.5" x 4
Cooling options - Top 140mm / 120mm x 3, Bottom 180mm x 2 / 140mm x 3 / 120mm x 3, Rear 140mm / 120mm x 1
Front I/O - USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C x 1, USB 3.0 x 2, Combo audio x 1
Expansion slots - 7+2
Expansion card limit - length 334mm, width 181mm
CPU cooler height limit - 175mm
PSU limit: 160mm with removable 3.5" drive cage
Dimensions: 221mm (W) x 558mm (H) x 461mm (D), 56.8 liters

So that means the vertical card mount placement hasn't changed and it is placed directly behind the glass with no chance of a deeper placement?
We dont know that, but in the end you can allways buy vertical GPU bracket. What i was writing about (thermaltake patent), was solution to also other problem - vertical GPU brackets are extending GPU lenghs by around 3cm. That mean, some of triple fan authors GPU's can not fit in.

If solutions with all slots vertically/horizontally mounting would not pass, Silverstone allways can release some reasonable priced vertical bracket. What i see in F1, propably also gonna be in S1 and Raven, is lack of metal joinings between slot covers, so ther should be no problem of putting any vertical GPU bracket without any spacing, that already is used for uniwersal gpu brackets (these must be compatible with cases that jave that joinings). SoSilverstone can release such bracket without any spacing on top, and noting will interfere with HDMI or DisplayPort cables.

So that means the vertical card mount placement hasn't changed and it is placed directly behind the glass with no chance of a deeper placement?
There is no plans for us to change this. For us, regular placement of graphics cards are still best way to go. We offer that vertical mount as an option because there is space for it. We'd recommend liquid cooling a card placed vertically in the ALTA F1.

Last edited:
Hi Tony! Great to see real person from SilverStone here.
Are you guys planning to keep 11 extensions slots in Alta S1? I have the SM X10DRG-Q mobo and desperately searching for a case with 11 PCI slots and vertical GPU layout. Plan to install 4x Tesla K80, or something else FP64-capable. Obviously I will need to do some DIY for GPUs cooling and mobo mounting, but Alta S1 looked like a great starting point. Wonder if I should wait Alta for (another) year or try completely different route.
Tony Ou hi! let me resurrect this question from above. In case no info can be provided on this subject - it's ok. Just don't want it to be missed.

Tony Ou hi! let me resurrect this question from above. In case no info can be provided on this subject - it's ok. Just don't want it to be missed.
Sorry! We have not decided on the number of slots for the final ALTA S1 design yet. While the prototype was well-received last year at Computex, it is far bigger than people realize. So we are definitely down-sizing it for production.

Sorry! We have not decided on the number of slots for the final ALTA S1 design yet. While the prototype was well-received last year at Computex, it is far bigger than people realize. So we are definitely down-sizing it for production.
Got it. Thank you!

There is no plans for us to change this. For us, regular placement of graphics cards are still best way to go. We offer that vertical mount as an option because there is space for it. We'd recommend liquid cooling a card placed vertically in the ALTA F1.

Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. So it looks like the s1, with its glass front displaying the gpu is a better option for me. Now I just need to hope it doesn't face further setbacks.

Are there any plans to promote the alta f1? Because I can't find any info on it other than this form.

What really can boost interest in the case is letting someone like Steve from gamers nexus review the case.

(Ps. I am a really big fan of the FT02 )

I was waiting for an update for the FT02 for so long that i eagerly wanted to like the Alta case the moment i have first read about it.

Well after i saw CES 2020 and the unimaginative and wastefull layout of the Atla case i was devastated (there should be rad/AIO mounts EVERYWHERE) and angry enough for wating so many years that i took it upon myself to upgrade the FT02.

Namely to fit a CPU and GPU AIO mount in there and go overboard with the sounddampening
IMG_20200507_185612.jpg
step2.jpg
IMG_20200814_194324.jpg
IMG_20201103_175529_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20201016_162612.jpg

even the "just for flex" gpu aio mount is prepared. But i will wait for a chip from TSMC before i use it.

Now that i have learnt a lot from this prototype i may build a 560 +280 rad version by extending the case upwards by an inch.

ps none of my ideas have been stupid enough to sacrifice a 180mm fan

Last edited:
Reactions: Folly
like this
Tony Ou
The new asrock 6800xt cards are going to be 33cm in length and I'm sure the 6900s will be even longer, will the f1 or s1 be able to accommodate them?
It looks like I can take the fan bracket out of my ft-02 to do a temporary installation as I wait for the new cases, but if they cannot accommodate them, I'm going to have to abandon my silverstone dreams

Tony Ou
The new asrock 6800xt cards are going to be 33cm in length and I'm sure the 6900s will be even longer, will the f1 or s1 be able to accommodate them?
It looks like I can take the fan bracket out of my ft-02 to do a temporary installation as I wait for the new cases, but if they cannot accommodate them, I'm going to have to abandon my silverstone dreams
The ALTA F1 has 33.4cm of clearance for cards, this is with the fans installed on the inner side of the bottom panel. If you mount the fans on the outer side (sacrificing a bit of intake airflow area), then you gain additional 25mm of space for a total of 35.9cm of clearance.

The ALTA F1 has 33.4cm of clearance for cards, this is with the fans installed on the inner side of the bottom panel. If you mount the fans on the outer side (sacrificing a bit of intake airflow area), then you gain additional 25mm of space for a total of 35.9cm of clearance.
Wow, thank you for the very quick reply. I realize the s1 spec are not finalized, but would you expect that it would have similar or more room for the gpu?

Wow, thank you for the very quick reply. I realize the s1 spec are not finalized, but would you expect that it would have similar or more room for the gpu?
Standing at 750mm tall, the ALTA S1 prototype we showed at Computex definitely has a lot more room! (ALTA F1 is 558mm tall)

Please keep in mind though, the ALTA S1 project is in suspension now. So we have no schedule for this case yet.

Please keep in mind though, the ALTA S1 project is in suspension now. So we have no schedule for this case yet.
That's very disappointing to hear. Earlier in this thread you were talking about a q2 of 2021 launch for the s1. So I decided to continue using my ft-02 while waiting for the s1 or new raven cases too decide between them, or possibly the f1.

It's really disappointing to hear that there is no highend silverstone case anymore. Every ft-02 user or tj-11 user is looking for a new modem case by silverstone.

I have been spoiled by Silverstone over the years, and never buy any other brand for my PC cases. I've been waiting patiently for Silverstone's next 90 degree case. Sadly my current motherboard and 3090 doesn't fit into my FT05, so I dusted off my beloved old RV02 and upgraded its fans with new 183APs. It's a great rig, but I sorely miss current gen front ports, cleaning the dust filters is a pain, and I've grown to appreciate near-silent builds.

Tony, I am so happy to hear that the Alta F1 will be released soon and wasn't consigned to prototype limbo. Thanks for all your efforts to keep us informed. I will be buying the Alta as soon as it arrives in Sweden.

Any news on F1? November is going to the end and there is still no info about F1 release. I really need to change the case as fast as possible, as Cosmos C700P is build in half with plastic, and it keep shooting on every game launch and after PC turn off (plastic is reacting to temperature changes and making much noise). I simply cant stand it, it can woke me up in the night - its really loud "shoots" and imagine playing game when you need to focus and pc standing in front of you start to shoot.

Back