New Silverstone Alta F1

Blackstone

2[H]4U
This thing looks sweet!
94AC4934-9E31-4F10-BA72-6252401FAF00.jpeg
6D32697A-CA18-4B44-B4BB-55498948430E.jpeg
73B4E835-D90A-4634-99AC-DDD573A4EAF6.jpeg

Last edited:
... are they expecting to put 3x140 rads in the top section? This seems to have a lot of clearance up there for not much benefit. I suppose modern TB3 cables are a bit kink-adverse and want a wide radius, as do fiber installs, but still.

Also, why is the I/O on the front? Is it common to run these massive cases on your desk, and not on the floor or a side rack/table?

IMO, a feel an ATX-updated FT03 (not the mini) is a bit more suitable. FT03 layout had the PSU at the bottom, with fan intake on the bottom for the GPU and a fan intake on the side for the CPU. It was nearly ATX sized, anyways, so adding in more air intakes on the sides for the GPU area could easily resolve the main issue the FT03 faces with modern GPUs.

Isn't it pushed back to 2021 now?
I forget the channel name, but the guy who did a video on the case during CES and then again during Computex in June, claims he talked to SS and launch is happening in September. The comment was from a few weeks ago.

... are they expecting to put 3x140 rads in the top section? This seems to have a lot of clearance up there for not much benefit. I suppose modern TB3 cables are a bit kink-adverse and want a wide radius, as do fiber installs, but still.

Looks like 2x140 or 3x120 maximum. My guess would be they don't want to have any part of the radiator above the PSU.

ss.jpgss1.jpg

I forget the channel name, but the guy who did a video on the case during CES and then again during Computex in June, claims he talked to SS and launch is happening in September. The comment was from a few weeks ago.

Looks like 2x140 or 3x120 only.

View attachment 277125View attachment 277126
Looks like the image is supporting 3x140 on the top side. Still not a good use of the space, IMO, but it's probably better than how the FT05 wasted it.

If it's anything like the other vertical FT cases (not all were vertical), that hole in the second image is where most of the cables go through.
Oh, I thought that was the PSU hole.

Oh, I thought that was the PSU hole.
Yeah, PSU is vertical mount, too, like the FT02 and FT05. I am a bit of an advocate for the slightly more compact FT03 layout (my old case) :D You can see the PSU fan filter right below that hole, if you want to visualize where the PSU will be in that image.

A 3090 will fit in this case. Not sure why it is so much cheaper than FT01 or FT02.

3090 does not fit in FT02. So this is a vertical mobo case that will fit 3090.

Need more photos with some RGB fan bling.

A 3090 will fit in this case. Not sure why it is so much cheaper than FT01 or FT02.

3090 does not fit in FT02. So this is a vertical mobo case that will fit 3090.

Need more photos with some RGB fan bling.

It *might* fit a 3090.

That has a show off "Vertical" (horizontal? I'm not sure what to call it) in the picture, and it's only 2 slots deep. The 30XX are 3 slot cards. If it fits it's gonna choke to death against the glass.

It *might* fit a 3090.

That has a show off "Vertical" (horizontal? I'm not sure what to call it) in the picture, and it's only 2 slots deep. The 30XX are 3 slot cards. If it fits it's gonna choke to death against the glass.

3090 FE is 313mm in length and 138mm in width, while the case can handle 334mm in length as well as 175mm CPU coolers (specs in above post), so I can't really see the card being too close to the glass. Asus 2070/2080 Super Strix cards are only ~8mm less wide.

3090 FE is 313mm in length and 138mm in width, while the case can handle 334mm in length as well as 175mm CPU coolers (specs in above post), so I can't really see the card being too close to the glass. Asus 2070/2080 Super Strix cards are only ~8mm less wide.
you're not reading what I wrote.

You're talking Length and Height. I'm talking Card Thickness.

The 2000 series are 2 slot cards. The 3000 are 3 slot.

If you use the 'show off' mount, where the card front (NOT THE TOP) faces the glass, they only provide 2 slots. A 3090 there could very easily be strangled by the glass. If it even fits.

1600111769700.png

Managed to find someone's lengthy build log from a few days ago over at chiphell along with a recent video from Tony Ou posted on bilibilli 9/10/2020 (links below). It looks like there will indeed be a black version despite it not being listed on the spec sheet. However, based on the photos and again confirmed by Tony in the video (Starts around 3:49), it would seem they decided to stick with the tempered glass on both sides which is a bit disappointing. I'm now thinking about getting a Lian Li case for the first time ever.

Build - https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2234265-1-1.html
Video - https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nD4y1o7dS?zw

PS - There are a lot of photos showing the case empty from several angles in the second and third post.

000822eyo8zdqz8dqey59z.jpg

Managed to find someone's lengthy build log from a few days ago over at chiphell along with a recent video from Tony Ou posted on bilibilli 9/10/2020 (links below). It looks like there will indeed be a black version despite it not being listed on the spec sheet. However, based on the photos and again confirmed by Tony in the video (Starts around 3:49), it would seem they decided to stick with the tempered glass on both sides which is a bit disappointing. I'm now thinking about getting a Lian Li case for the first time ever.
I can't play the video you linked but did he mention when the alta f1 will be released? Im getting the rtx 3090 on release day but will also need to get a new case.

I like the case, but I don't water cool. This case isnt really designed for air cooling. The top hat is really for a radiator, and would look funny if you don't have anything in there, because you put a rear fan in the case. They need an alta F1 jr, with no top hat. haha

I like the case, but I don't water cool. This case isnt really designed for air cooling. The top hat is really for a radiator, and would look funny if you don't have anything in there, because you put a rear fan in the case. They need an alta F1 jr, with no top hat. haha
it would look weirder without a top hat, since the IO Panel points at the top.

Fourth quarter was all he said.

Edit - So it looks like 10/20 is the current date in China.
Damn! I can't wait that long....
Looks like I have to buy a fractal or something 😕

Thanks for keeping everyone informed MissJ84 👍

Tony Ou
When does this come out?

It looks like there will indeed be a black version despite it not being listed on the spec sheet. However, based on the photos and again confirmed by Tony in the video (Starts around 3:49), it would seem they decided to stick with the tempered glass on both sides which is a bit disappointing. I'm now thinking about getting a Lian Li case for the first time ever.

We ran into some production constraint issues so worldwide release has been pushed back unfortunately. The initial plan was to have this case widely available by October but that's likely not happening now. Can't guarantee anything, but we are probably looking at November for launching standard dual glass version in black and silver color versions with the dual steel panel (with sound dampening foam applied) black model following shortly after.

You know I like it. If I was in the market for a new case this would be a good contender.

We ran into some production constraint issues so worldwide release has been pushed back unfortunately. The initial plan was to have this case widely available by October but that's likely not happening now. Can't guarantee anything, but we are probably looking at November for launching standard dual glass version in black and silver color versions with the dual steel panel (with sound dampening foam applied) black model following shortly after.

Thanks for the update Tony. I'll probably still be picking one up despite my comments above and had a quick question about fan options. If one decides to install two AP183 fans, is there room with the PSU shroud for them fit through horizontally or would 180mm fans need to be mounted from underneath the usual fan mount area? Thanks

Edit - Also, it looks like the included 140mm fans are 3 pin and therefore not PWM. Are these fans meant to run at full speed, and if so, will voltage control via motherboard or controller be the only way to adjust their RPM?

Last edited:
Pity about being pushed back, my FT05 ain't gonna fit anything but a founders 3090, and my chance of getting one in Aus is coming down to a lottery :\.

Question though, can we use the top 3x140mm for AIO CPU coolers? Just trying to figure out with the prefilled AIO's how you'd pass the cpu block+tubing back down.

Pity about being pushed back, my FT05 ain't gonna fit anything but a founders 3090, and my chance of getting one in Aus is coming down to a lottery :\.

Question though, can we use the top 3x140mm for AIO CPU coolers? Just trying to figure out with the prefilled AIO's how you'd pass the cpu block+tubing back down.
Looking at the photos, since there is already a "top hat" style "top," it means there isn't a strong necessity for a fan grill on the "cpu/IO" fan mount. As a result, it looks like there is a big, 120 (140?)mm gaping hole that you can stuff a whole rad through, probably :D

Looking at the photos, since there is already a "top hat" style "top," it means there isn't a strong necessity for a fan grill on the "cpu/IO" fan mount. As a result, it looks like there is a big, 120 (140?)mm gaping hole that you can stuff a whole rad through, probably :D
Though the more reasonable approach would be to stuff just the cpu block through the hole, spare the radiator. D:

Thanks for the update Tony. I'll probably still be picking one up despite my comments above and had a quick question about fan options. If one decides to install two AP183 fans, is there room with the PSU shroud for them fit through horizontally or would 180mm fans need to be mounted from underneath the usual fan mount area? Thanks

Edit - Also, it looks like the included 140mm fans are 3 pin and therefore not PWM. Are these fans meant to run at full speed, and if so, will voltage control via motherboard or controller be the only way to adjust their RPM?

To use fans larger than 140mm, you will need to mount it underneath the fan mounts, but doing this will also reduce the overall intake area in the bottom compartment. Our testing shows three of our new 140mm Air Penetrator fans can outperform two AP181 fans in the ALTA F1 due to this fan mount position limit for larger fans.

The included 140mm fans, which we will release separately in retail as "AP140i" sometimes in October are meant to run at full speed up to 1500rpm at 30dBA so it's not that loud to begin with. It's capable of starting up at 5V to about 500 ~ 600rpm so with DC/voltage control from your motherboard or fan controller, it can go silent as well.

Yes, but you need to make sure the tubing from the AIO is long enough to reach the CPU. There is 120mm fan-sized cutout on the top that will let you easily pass through a lot of things!

I am eagerly awaiting the Alta F1, being a long-time FT02 owner. I just don't need the room for dual GPUS nor a ton of hard disks any longer. I would like to try the FT05 but it seems a bit tight, especially with a large air cooler for CPU and a long GPU (i don't even think some of the new 3080's will fit; although the founders edition and TUF will). I am a bit put off by the 140 fans, being in love with the huge AP181s, but maybe they could work out well.

I read someone mention that this case probably won't be a great air cooling case, why is that? It looks solid to me. Is it really that geared towards water? I just want something that is more modern than the FT02, just as quiet and solid, and could be smaller - Alta F1 looks to be a good fit if it's as quiet/performant as FT02.

Looking forward to availability in Europe!

Hey everyone, i just created an account to join this conversation. I own a Ft 05 case and am looking forward to the alta f1 especially because of greater cpu and gpu clearances and the psu shroud.

I checked out the links provided by MissJ84 - thanks for those, i was eagerly browsing the web for new information. I'm aware that the cases on these pictures might still be prototypes, however I have a few questions which Tony Ou might be able to answer. I really like the idea of having a whole tempered glass panel on the motherboard side. Will there be a version with a tempered glass on the motherboard side and a solid one on the backside? - the chiphell build had double sided glass and I'm not really sold on the idea. Also, since build presentation gets more emphasis on this new fortress iteration will there be rubber grommets included to tidy up cable management?

Thank you very much!

Could see this being my next case. I remember experimenting with the FT05 years ago but I was still using a bunch of spinners at the time and had vibrations I didn't manage to fix. Also I didn't slow down the bottom fans sufficiently, so I thought it loud :)

I read someone mention that this case probably won't be a great air cooling case, why is that? It looks solid to me. Is it really that geared towards water? I just want something that is more modern than the FT02, just as quiet and solid, and could be smaller - Alta F1 looks to be a good fit if it's as quiet/performant as FT02.

The ALTA F1 will be an excellent air cooling case out of the box with the three 140mm Air Penetrator fans included. Our internal testing shows that it is at least as good or slight better than the FT05. This means it should be very close to FT02 in cooling performance as well as FT05 was just a little below FT02 back in the days.

I checked out the links provided by MissJ84 - thanks for those, i was eagerly browsing the web for new information. I'm aware that the cases on these pictures might still be prototypes, however I have a few questions which Tony Ou might be able to answer. I really like the idea of having a whole tempered glass panel on the motherboard side. Will there be a version with a tempered glass on the motherboard side and a solid one on the backside? - the chiphell build had double sided glass and I'm not really sold on the idea. Also, since build presentation gets more emphasis on this new fortress iteration will there be rubber grommets included to tidy up cable management?

Thank you very much!

Currently we will have dual tempered glass version to start and then dual solid steel panels as quiet versions at later dates. I don't think we will create more versions for now as we haven't even released the case officially yet! Rubber grommets are not included.

I definitely like the design aesthetic and the pics seem to show that the build quality is solid. At 56L its a bit of a porker but the proportions look good and help it seem slimmer if you will. I do think that having the mobo tray on its face and keeping the front to back dimension relatively short at just under 19 inches is a plus for anyone that wants this on a desk or shelf to show off. At almost 2ft tall Its an absolute skyscraper though! 2x 360mm rad support is welcome and I'll keep an eye out for reviews once this hits. Props to Silverstone for making a case for grownups. :D

Hi Tony how long is "shortly"? :) Still in 2020?

Hi Tony how long is "shortly"? :) Still in 2020?

I think anytime within half a year can be considered shortly? But yeah, our goal is to always release these new products as soon as possible if we get through those nagging production difficulties. 2020 is our goal for complete lineup launch.

I think anytime within half a year can be considered shortly? But yeah, our goal is to always release these new products as soon as possible if we get through those nagging production difficulties. 2020 is our goal for complete lineup launch.

Can I buy soundproofing panels by themselves after?

Years ago there were many, many upper-end Lian Li and SilverStone cases that I lusted after. I even purchased a few of them and design wise I really miss my SilverStone Fortress 2 case the most. At one point I moved onto CaseLabs. Now all three companies offerings are either dead or mere shadows of the awesome products I remember. I really hope SilverStone can bring back the Temjin / Fortress / Raven glory days with the Alta S1 / Alta F1 / and the new Raven. I recently aquired a Fractal Define 7 XL to get me by but I’m waiting for something truly special to come out with better airflow.

Last edited:
Back