New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

I would expect there to be some people left in the US to take care of things like that. I would be pissed off if my order got delayed because the entire team had to take a trip.

Thanks for letting me know.

I still have not received a response from Matt or anyone else on his team. :(

How can he just do that? That seems pretty rude to the people that bought it and havent recieved anything. Plus Im sure Matt can post something even though he is in Europe.

Thats the thing about being an entrepreneur. I betcha yes pretty busy trying to start up some partnerships with resellers/manufacturers etc. Communication is vital for new business opportunities.

Good morning,

Our office is closed until May 13th. We are all in EU for a short time to work on the development of the mini ITX and communication has been slow.
Your order will ship today. You will receive a confirmation order.
I deeply apologize for the poor communcation over this last week.
Best regards,

Matt

Lan Gerar

Well, I'm satisfied.

Accelero S1 Rev. 2. Do some serches, it should fit. With the front 92mm fan blowing over the GPU cooling should be good and quiet.

Accelero S1 Rev. 2. Do some serches, it should fit. With the front 92mm fan blowing over the GPU cooling should be good and quiet.

Its thickness is 33mm...which would leave no room for a fan. I'm having 2 cards side by side in both slots so they width can't be any thicker than the stock cards, which is about 38mm. Looking for air options, don't plan on watercooling any time soon.

Thinking about a T-Rad2 GTX..height is 26mm..plus 12mm scythes..should be just right.

Last edited:
x5us8y.jpg

To be continued.................

Its thickness is 33mm...which would leave no room for a fan. I'm having 2 cards side by side in both slots so they width can't be any thicker than the stock cards, which is about 38mm. Looking for air options, don't plan on watercooling any time soon.

Thinking about a T-Rad2 GTX..height is 26mm..plus 12mm scythes..should be just right.
In side by side xfire coolers like this with side facing fans wouldn't work well at all because the fans would be pushed right up against the back of the other card. The HD 5970 also needs very custom heat sinks cause it has two GPU's on the card.
I think that with the front 92mm intake the Accelero S1 Rev. 2 would be a good option but there is also the Scythe Setsugen which has a slim scythe fan embedded in it which would probably work better I think.

In side by side xfire coolers like this with side facing fans wouldn't work well at all because the fans would be pushed right up against the back of the other card. The HD 5970 also needs very custom heat sinks cause it has two GPU's on the card.
I think that with the front 92mm intake the Accelero S1 Rev. 2 would be a good option but there is also the Scythe Setsugen which has a slim scythe fan embedded in it which would probably work better I think.

True. I'm actually going to pick up a Setsugen at the local Microcenter this weekend and see how it works. I'm not sure how well a passive heatsink would work, even with the 92m intake (80mm in my case), the 5870 gets pretty hot. As for the 5970, the Arctic Accelero Xtreme 5970 is out, but its over 50mm, so it probably wouldn't fit on my 5970 in the 2nd slot, with the case cover on. However my 5870 runs about 10c hotter than my 5970 so I'm more concerned about that...for now.

Last edited:
@Bladestorm,
OMG! You´ve got Lan Gear Blackheart with WINDOW !? I have been waiting since may be a month to see it will be restocked on their website. How did you get it ? :confused: and I know you haven´t ordered it a long time ago. I have lots of components with LEDs so I wish to buy a windowed model :cool:

@Bladestorm,
OMG! You´ve got Lan Gear Blackheart with WINDOW !? I have been waiting since may be a month to see it will be restocked on their website. How did you get it ? :confused: and I know you haven´t ordered it a long time ago. I have lots of components with LEDs so I wish to buy a windowed model :cool:

Did you actually put an order in, or were you waiting for the website to say that it's back in stock? I don't think the inventory count on the site is accurate.

Well I tried to reach them before placing an order and you know I could not get any reply since they are on that trip. The weird thing is actually the inventory count seems accurate on the site. Besides, I just got in touch with Matt and he said windowed models are out of stock since some time and there might be some within a month or so... but not in short time :confused: I guess you are very lucky...

I don´t get it. They should of course keep production for the windowed model and give more priority since it is pretty obvious most people will prefer to buy this one instead of other options...

Last edited:
I don't know how I got my case then if you two had issues prior to me putting in my order. The irony for me is the case was shipped from a warehouse that is literally a 10 minute drive from my house. :confused:

Mattinev, please please please!!! Make this an option..................and you'll overcome the one major flaw that gives the MicroFly an edge in the storage department:

de30021a.jpg

1f1b331d.jpg

69ba1eeb.jpg

04cf909f.jpg

All you have to do is simply provide 7 holes: 3 for the drive carrier, and 4 for say a 70mm fan.

If you give the option to buy 2 hard drive bays, one could store at least 4 3.5" drives internally, or at least place the hard drive caddy in a more convenient location for those that swap their drives often.

Mattinev, please please please!!! Make this an option..................and you'll overcome the one major flaw that gives the MicroFly an edge in the storage department:

All you have to do is simply provide 7 holes: 3 for the drive carrier, and 4 for say a 70mm fan.

If you give the option to buy 2 hard drive bays, one could store at least 4 3.5" drives internally, or at least place the hard drive caddy in a more convenient location for those that swap their drives often.
Lol...quite smart actually. I might have to try that out.

*fixed pic quotes. they only show up as full sized when you're signed out, didn't notice.

Last edited:
zurg: how will you get the top off, or will the rads be external?

I've got a guy fabbing a harness to hold the rad to the chassis, instead of the top panel.

@ the guy above me:
Why the hell did you have to quote those pics?

Last edited:
I've got a guy fabbing a harness to hold the rad to the chassis, instead of the top panel.

@ the guy above me:
Why the hell did you have to quote those pics?

Photobucket sucks so bad. ONce I get the time, I'll probably find another picture hosting site. I keep forgetting to resize the pictures when I upload them, but even worse I forget that photobucket's built-in resizing feature takes forever to do and even longer for re-sized photos to update once you've resized them.

Photobucket sucks so bad. ONce I get the time, I'll probably find another picture hosting site. I keep forgetting to resize the pictures when I upload them, but even worse I forget that photobucket's built-in resizing feature takes forever to do and even longer for re-sized photos to update once you've resized them.

Lol no, the other guy accidentally quoted your pic chain lol.

Did the same thing just now as massiveoverkill did, put the hdd caddy above the gpus. Had to use a screw and a ziptie, it fits, doggonit. The extra room let me put in an extra fan on my NH-D14, decreasing my cpu temps by 5c. Yeehaw.

Anyone hear from Matt lately? Ive sent 2 emails, one 2 weeks ago, one 1 week ago, still haven't heard anything back. I already have all my components, so unless I hear from him soon, I may have to go with a different case. Don't want to sit on these parts too long without testing them, wanna make sure everything is working properly.

Shouldn't you be able to test the parts w/o the case?
Anyone hear from Matt lately? Ive sent 2 emails, one 2 weeks ago, one 1 week ago, still haven't heard anything back. I already have all my components, so unless I hear from him soon, I may have to go with a different case. Don't want to sit on these parts too long without testing them, wanna make sure everything is working properly.

Well, if I wanted to put it together outside of the case and power it up, but Im not a huge fan of running bare, especially when on an expensive machine. But truly, it would be nice to just get this build completed within the next couple weeks.

well like u said you wanted to test it...so thats all u can do test everything to make sure it works and compatible...etc. Then stick her back inside her boxes :D

Bladestorm, the picture should be linked to the place that sells them ;) ... as it gives flexibility to fan vs. heatsink/radiator placement

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know our office was opened again.
We met with some new supplier and we are hoping to get the next batch started in a few month since we are running out of Da Box very quickly.
If you can think of any possible improvements, now is time to start submitting them!:D

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035689922&postcount=1753

Make the brace that the hard drive bracket attaches to removeable instead of pop-riveted. This will allow the removal of the hard drive cage without having to remove half your components. Make the 5-1/4" bay also removeable and have an option for one that can fit two 3.5" drives side by side (there's room for it). Move the power stalk to the vented area above the graphics cards. This will allow you to redesign the 120mm rear mount so it can accommodate water cooling better.

I know you probably won't implement this, but I'll throw it in there anyways: 3-piece removeable cover.

Finally, the best improvement you can make: Da Box ====> MOM

Back