New SFF gamers case: presentation and advices

I'm in for a pre-order. Now I need either a Maximus III Gene or a P45 JR. Time for a WTB thread! Arg.. need a modular PSU, too.

any info on mitx case yet? My wife is getting me a case and if i know some details like demension and like it, I'll gladly give up free case for it. otherwise, i'll have to get SG06 on monday(before she changes her mind) :D

Matt, do you have any pictures of a system with an H50 watercooler installed?

Uh, I have a problem. No matter which model I preorder, the e-mail confirmation says that I preordered the "classic," when that's not the one I want...

Uh, I have a problem. No matter which model I preorder, the e-mail confirmation says that I preordered the "classic," when that's not the one I want...

I did not have this problem preordering a few days ago... it showed "black heart" with fans and window for me.

I did not have this problem preordering a few days ago... it showed "black heart" with fans and window for me.

Huh, that's odd then. I ordered the black heart too, and then got the confirmation for the classic, so I thought I made a mistake and I preordered again. Another classic.

Perhaps they are out of projected number of Black Hearts? Let's wait for mattinv to respond..

So this is probably too late to add... but would it be possible to mount the PSU so that it blows air from inside the case? If so, this would greatly aid in my cooling plans for this....

Additionally, how much clearance is there from the top of a large GPU (GT200 or Radeon 5800) to the top exhaust? Because I'm thinking about using a PCI-e extension cable, so I can use a sound card and SLI within this case. (Overkill ftw)

Perhaps they are out of projected number of Black Hearts? Let's wait for mattinv to respond..

Perhaps...but I'm leaning towards some kind of error. If they're really all out, it's a little strange to just send a confirmation for a different product altogether.

Also, I don't see that anyone ordered the same one as me--I chose the black heart with window and no fans.

But yeah, let's see what mattinv says.

Arg. I was all set to preorder until I saw the integrated fan controller on the front. I think I may know have to wait for that as an option. Now, if only there was that and a media card reader directly above the fan controller (fo sd, sdhc, micro sd, cf, esata, ect), I would buy instantly. Ill be using as a gaming machine connected to a high def projector, so it will also double as a htpc, so I really need a card reader for people to use to look at pictures and such when they come over.

Arg. I was all set to preorder until I saw the integrated fan controller on the front. I think I may know have to wait for that as an option. Now, if only there was that and a media card reader directly above the fan controller (fo sd, sdhc, micro sd, cf, esata, ect), I would buy instantly. Ill be using as a gaming machine connected to a high def projector, so it will also double as a htpc, so I really need a card reader for people to use to look at pictures and such when they come over.
If Im correct, it looks like there is a card reader under the screen.

Hi Ackbar,

I just wanted to mention that it will only be offered as an option, unless there is a big demand for it (and then we might sell the entire case with it). The reason: it is fairly expensive to make. So it would send the price of the case way over the $200 mark (probably around $230-$240), but I have no idea at this point of what to expect in terms of price. I'm waiting to get the product debugged and we are working on the front bezel design in the mean time.
I hope you'll get to enjoy our case soon.

looks nice man. i just filled out the newegg form for you. gl

Thank you, appreciated. I have not heard from New Egg yet and I know that quite a few people filled out the form. So the only thing I can say, all of you that would like to purchase it via New Egg, please fill out the form. Right here: https://secure.newegg.com/FeedBack/ShallWeCarry.aspx

As soon as I hear from New Egg, I'll let you know.;)

Hi Lilli,

No words on it now. As far as design goes, yes, it is classified.:p
I'm still working on the design but focusing my energy in getting DA BOX ready to ship by the 18th. I will resume the mini ITX development shortly after that.
I'm as excited as you guys when it comes to this new Mini ITX project. I just need to polish the first one.;)
Actually, there are 2 mini ITX project. One with an ATX power supply, one with a laptop style power supply of .... no less than 300W! (at least, that's what I'm going for).
The first one is the volume of the SG05. The second one will be MUCH smaller. More like your "pocket" mini ITX PC. But still pack quite a bit of punch (that will interest the few of you looking for super compact mini ITX).
I'm trying to not spend too much time talking about these new projects in this thread. As soon as the first prototype is done, I'll get a new thread started.

@mattinv: One question to the price: The price for the cases is in $ (order form on your HP), the price for shipping is in € (i live in Austria).

Does that mean the Full Black - "Black Heart" costs 179,99 $ (= 120,04 €) + Shipping 25€= 145,04 €
OR
179.99 € + Shipping 25€= 204,99€?

Sorry for that question, but Dollar is often converted to Euro 1:1 (e.g. Gaming consoles in the US 299$, in EU 299€).

Cheers

Hi Roddy,

For an order in Austria, you'll want to pre order using the EU form, which includes prices in Euros. It's very similar but not quite yet (there are some shipping and duty included in the euro price).
If you have pre ordered using the world form, please just re submit a pre order using the EU form and it will be clearer.

Hi mattinv,

This is a very nice MATX case you have cooking up. So, these cases will start shipping on the 18th? When could I expect to receive it where I live in Houston, Texas, USA?

Is there anyway I can receive it any earlier in the month? I am thinking about migrating my components from my full-tower case into a MATX cube case next month but early as possible as I leave for vacation late in the month. I've made a lot of research and most of the competition just can't keep up as they are cases from 2006-2007 like the Apevia X-QPACK2 which have difficulty holding today's more powerful hardware. This looks like the perfect case for me and at a very competitive price as well. I just wish it was available in stores right now so I could purchase it. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Nerdydesi,

I want so bad to tell you that I can ship it earlier but it's already hard enough to ramp up production as fast as I'm trying right now. Because of holidays such as Thanks Giving and Christmas coming, lots of people are leaving in vacation and we face extra delays. But I'm pushing very hard to get it out there. So if I can make it happen before the 18th, I promise to all of you that I will!:p

For people interested in custom cases and who read Techwarelabs, I recommend to check out there new survey.
http://www.techwarelabs.com/lan-gear-introduction/

took the survey, wish the option section had the choice for fan controller!

Aw man, this case is so amazing and yet I have to wait so long to get it!
Do we have a choice of shipping options? Since deliveries start on the 18th, how long can we expect them to reach our doorstep?

I'm so impatient, I may just break down and buy one of the other inferior MATX cube cases. :p

Yes, you will have shipping choices of course. I don't know if we are going to use Fedex or UPS yet. But you'll have all the choices each company has to offer.
DA BOX fits pretty much any cooler on the market except some excessively large ones that we have not tried yet (they might fit as well but some minor modding might be required).

Hi Ackbar,

I just wanted to mention that it will only be offered as an option, unless there is a big demand for it (and then we might sell the entire case with it). The reason: it is fairly expensive to make. So it would send the price of the case way over the $200 mark (probably around $230-$240), but I have no idea at this point of what to expect in terms of price. I'm waiting to get the product debugged and we are working on the front bezel design in the mean time.
I hope you'll get to enjoy our case soon.

Ok. I'm probably in the range of spending around $225 or so, and am looking to buy a case in early-mid January. Ill continue to await the options, and hopefully one will be available then! Thanks.

When I placed my pre-order, I selected window w/ black inside, no fan.

The confirmation email said I ordered black, no window, no fan. Anyone else get this?

nope, my confirmation is as follows:

Thank you again for your recent pre order at Lan Gear

This email was automatically generated and sent by Lan-Gear.com as a confirmation of your pre-order. Do not reply to it. For more information, please contact us at: [email protected].

We are confirming your pre-order for 1 case Full Black "Black Heart" Complete : 100% black with fans and window.
We hope you enjoyed shopping at lan-gear.com, and we look forward to your continued business. If you have any suggestions on how we can make your shopping experience better, please feel free to email us..

One week before shipping start, we will contact you via email. You will be able to finalize your purchase via lan-gear.com.
Pre-order will be delivered starting December 18th, on a first come, first served basis.
Thank you for your support,

Best Regards,

Lan gear Inc.
www.lan-gear.com

I ordered Full Black Heart with Window

Last edited:
When I placed my pre-order, I selected window w/ black inside, no fan.

The confirmation email said I ordered black, no window, no fan. Anyone else get this?

Same thing happened to me. If you order that particular one, for some reason, the confirmation is always incorrect.

I am still hoping to see shots of the HDD mounting/orientation up close. I am trying to plan out my build, and intend to use all available HDD mounting points.

Would you recommend a North -> South or East -> West orientation for the CPU cooler for best cooling?

I'm having a hard time figuring out how I will orient things for the best cooling due to the odd design lol....

Back