New SFF gamer case: Mini ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing around Olivarius seems to have made a notice about selling short cables for PSUs in a few weeks.

Not that much info about the case tho.

Not that my opinion matters much on this, but, I could see a side window being applied to this case to provide the user with what the kids call, "bling bling." Show off those attractive internals at LANs, etc.

This is a message I had received by mail after I have asked via Lan Gear website when the case comes out:

Dear,

The case is currently under production. It will be release this summer in USA and in september in Europe.
More information soon on our website.

Have a nice day,
Olivier Alirol
Lan Gear : http://www.lan-gear.fr

And this comes from the French forum:

olivarius_​fr

The case in currently under production.
The case will be release at the end of this summer.
Have a nice day

I vote that beta testers get a free upgrade to the production case. I can't even remember when I got mine.

I vote that beta testers get a free upgrade to the production case. I can't even remember when I got mine.

I was under the impression that was the deal (why beta testers paid for the original cases)? :confused:

I was under the impression that was the deal (why beta testers paid for the original cases)? :confused:

I'm pretty sure that in the original deal we were going to have to pay the balance for the new case, since our beta was less expensive than the retail was/is planned to be.

Found the post where Matt talks about pricing here

To help cover the cost of the prototype, we will ask a $100 participation. It will cover a small portion of the prototype and shipping. You are free to keep the prototype or exchange it for a retail version (and pay the difference in price, probably around $30-$35) when it comes out.

I always get sad when this moves to the second page....is it so much to ask for a weekly/bi weekly/any kind of update???

:(

I think i'll just build one for myself... I have someone who can cut precisely sheets of aluminium, he just needs plans for the machine that does the cutting (i don't know how it's called). Can someone tell me what software should i use for drawing the plans? Autocad? Or other, more simpler to use (and maybe freeware) software?

:(

Last edited:
Their website hasn't been updated since April so I'm guessing if they are in business its a struggling one at best and not one I would choose to do business with right now. I don't think they are actually selling anything but I could be wrong. Best to choose another case or build one for yourself if you can find someone that can do it if you don't have the tools and ability.

It's so unprofessional to not give potential customers any information about the current situation of your company. I mean obviously something has happened to this company and they need to just suck it up and tell people what is going on.

Well .. if they cannot communicate themselves to the world, there's no company to begin with.

Made an inquiry, looks like we might see it next month? Here's a rather prompt(less than 10min) email reply from Lan-Gear EU, since the US has no website apparently..

Dear Ryan Banfield,

The case is currently under production in the USA.
We plan a release for mid of Augus. We will plan to make a pre-order list as soon as we have an ETA for the delivery.
By the way, we certainly make a special price for beta tester.

More info soon on our website.

Last edited:
Made an inquiry, looks like we might see it next month? Here's a rather prompt(less than 10min) email reply from Lan-Gear EU, since the US has no website apparently..
They've been playing the "in production" card for awhile, without anything to show for it.

I really don't think it's going to come out.

I really don't get the hype to be honest. This is a nice DIY case but for mass production idk...

Now I might be subjetcive because tomorrow I am expecting to recieve my SG07, but I think their design proved to have major flaws.

Cable management seems to be a nightmare.
So many coolers...I dont have so many in my normal ATX case. I gotta be asking, why didn't Silverstone include coolers on the right panel in SG08?

And the cherry on the top....build quality. Just read DaBox100 user reviews and you will see what I mean.

Also, I gotta ask myself, why did Silverstone make SG08 as a simple SG07 facelift? Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but I don't see a better design.

I really don't get the hype to be honest. This is a nice DIY case but for mass production idk...

Now I might be subjetcive because tomorrow I am expecting to recieve my SG07, but I think their design proved to have major flaws.

Cable management seems to be a nightmare.
So many coolers...I dont have so many in my normal ATX case. I gotta be asking, why didn't Silverstone include coolers on the right panel in SG08?

And the cherry on the top....build quality. Just read DaBox100 user reviews and you will see what I mean.

Also, I gotta ask myself, why did Silverstone make SG08 as a simple SG07 facelift? Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but I don't see a better design.

Well, Matt came here with his idea and asked what folks here would like to have in the case. The case basically evolved from a lot of input from what HF gamers here wanted. It incorporates many of their desired features. That's why it has such a strong interest from this forum. Basically that's it in a nutshell.

OP has not been here since last year, I think we can let this thread die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back