New SFF gamer case: Mini ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
What size/type hard drive do you run in the SG06? If I got the SG06, I would probably mod it to somehow fit 2xSSD and 1xHDD.

you can run 2x 2.5" and 1x 3.5" drives without modding the sg06 ;)

I've run anything from 1x 2.5" SSD up to 6x 3.5" media drives + 2x 2.5" SSDs... it's a pretty versatile case if you have the time/energy to mess with it. I have a pretty much complete disdain for optical drives so I view them as extra space :D

wots the actual weight of the Infinity? It says 5 lbs / 2.27KGs on LanGear website. Alu should be lighter than the steel SG07 SG06 without psu?

Last edited:
wots the actual weight of the Ifinity? It says 5 lbs / 2.27KGs on LanGear website. Alu should be lighter than the steel SG07 SG06 without psu?

yeah, but the metal is much thicker. The infinity definitely feels much sturdier.

From how things go, if/when retail version becomes available the relevant question will be "Does it have USB 4.0 ports?" ;)

yeah, but the metal is much thicker. The infinity definitely feels much sturdier.

Thx! For a sff like this, I don't need thick material, the lighter the better. ;)

that said, for the design of Ifinity, thinner alu might not be stong enough:mad:

I personaly perfer something like SG05/06 or SG07 but full alu

e3e20340-e123-410a-9e02-efbf8657fb93.jpg

more movement on french forum, another prototype

what the crap is going on!!!!

if i recall back there were plans of another mini itx case to be made by lan-gear; however, this one wasnt going to be tendered towards gaming but more htpc, could this be it?

Should be the "FU" case. We'll be waiting until the end of "Infinity" to see this case make the market.

... :( I'm bitter from waiting.

if i recall back there were plans of another mini itx case to be made by lan-gear; however, this one wasnt going to be tendered towards gaming but more htpc, could this be it?

Well, I knew they were planning that, my reaction was more along the lines of "they have a friggin prototype for that thing, but I'm still sitting here with the Beta I bought LAST YEAR?!"

well the french forum suggest may-june.. so that's something to shoot on... but with all the delays even that is a crapshoot. The fact that mattinv hasn't been filling in any updates and is a ghost just makes us edgy.

It doesn't make us edgy, it makes us mad.

This build started out like a "community build", the under-dog to the big corporations. Now it is more like all other companys who disclose nothing to their fans/users/customers - only it has a much bigger price tag and we are probably a few months away from actually seeing anyone get the case (and 90% having to wait because they have not made enough available).

I did not, however, go for the SG07 (because I think it is ugly). I will however not buy this case but instead stick with my box I got with the PSU, it fits everything and it was free.

They updated their site with a EU shop, stating the ITX case should be available in mid 2011.

I would love some official love from mattinv confirming just about anything. Too quiet.

i would suspect that we won't see a shipment in NA for quite as while, as their production capacity is much smaller than demand, and the state of the dollar and euro mean that they make a lot more per unit across the pond.

I have always appreciated Matt's presence here but from a business standpoint he should be doing all his communicating from the official website now so everyone interested in his products can get the information in official form in one easy location. It would also be easier on him as well as his customers. Is he not doing that? He should be if he wants to take this to a professional level.

They updated their site with a EU shop, stating the ITX case should be available in mid 2011.

I would love some official love from mattinv confirming just about anything. Too quiet.

it looks the same............................

I have always appreciated Matt's presence here but from a business standpoint he should be doing all his communicating from the official website now so everyone interested in his products can get the information in official form in one easy location. It would also be easier on him as well as his customers. Is he not doing that? He should be if he wants to take this to a professional level.

How about some updates on their Facebook page or maybe start a Twitter? It only takes a moment to write a message that everyone can go see. BTW, here is the link for those of you who want to follow Lan Gear on FB. Lan Gear Facebook Page

Here is a (new) CPU cooler that i think it could fit with a normal lenght PSU and a mobo with the CPU socket near the pci-express slot: Cooler Master Gemin II S524
http://www.computerbase.de/bildstrecke/33442/2/
144x145x105 mm (i think that's without the 120mm fan)

It's not out yet, same for this damn computer case. Argg!!

Heh, looks like things have not really progressed, eh? I came to take a look out of curiosity after thinking about cases again, since I just built myself a second cheap mATX computer into a basic-level free case that I got from work, as it was about to get tossed into the trash can. Or well, I'm still unfinished with the build - HDD and optical drive are not yet installed. Still, I'm writing this from that computer, Ubuntu Live via USB HDD to the rescue ;)

Anyway, looks like there's really a lot of improvement to be made communications-wise on part of Lan-Gear. As was said, this started out as a community build of sorts, and now the community is basically totally in the dark about what's up :( I can certainly feel the pain of those wanting to make a build into one of these cases, like I planned to at one point in time, long, long ago.

The website is back, but it looks a bit borked. I don't want to say I've given up on the case, but really now, the website at one point directed people here for information, so shouldn't we have some new information?

Far as I know no one here has heard anything directly from Matt in quite some time. He seems to have gone missing.

bump. Any new info about the situation with this case?

Let's take a vote.

** Who would still like more information about this case and who would still like to buy it once released?

**Who has given up hearing news from Matt and moved on?

I threw away my Beta case... I was tired of getting pissed off every time I looked at it.

I'm taking a bit of advice from John Galt and doing scratch builds from here on out.

Let's take a vote.

** Who would still like more information about this case and who would still like to buy it once released?

I gave up. SG05 here.
Even if it came out, I probably wouldn't buy it at this point. Keep me waiting for years and then disappear? Nuh uh, honey.

He should have just focused on the one case instead of also working on the effi or whatever it was called.

Let's take a vote.

I'll wait for it 1 month or so. I'm not in a hurry because i don't have a motherboard for it, as i'm waiting for a good Z68 mITX board.

I don't know why Matt abandoned this thread, but his partner (i think) is active on that french forum. I'll wait a little more and see...Computex is coming soon, maybe some cool mini cases will be announced from Silverstone or Lian Li. I keep my fingers crossed.

I'd say I'll evaluate the case if and when it comes out .. much like with cases brought to market by other manufacturers .. the thread had given an ability to influence what kind of case it'd be ... but it may well be that a good deal of the feedback already provided is being wasted as the relevance of it wanes with time.

According to olivarius_ en in french forum, the US office has received pre-production unit.

On one hand, yeah it will be mass produced. But that also mean, June seams a bit unlikely :(

Last edited:
Why is it we have to hear from a user who read a French forum regarding US updates??? What happened to Matt!?

I feel for anyone who got suckered in this product. A ton of reliable products that can do the job and are available. I'm surprised this thread isn't locked.

According to olivarius_ en in french forum, the US office has received pre-production unit.

On one hand, yeah it will be mass produced. But that also mean, June seams a bit unlikely :(

Yeah June of last year was passed quite a while ago...then it was sept of 2010...this case is quite late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back