New Serious Sam 3: BFE Screenshots

HardOCP News

[H] News
We have some new Serious Sam 3: BFE screenshots for you today. The game already looks great and, according to Croteam, the game will feature full campaign mode with up to 16 players. :eek: I'll see if I can dig up bigger screenshots but, in the mean time, these will have to hold you over.

go croteam that game looks great as far as visuals. Plus its Croteam I love how they always put so many options and tweaks for graphics on their games so you can get it to run perfectly

OMG, I loved the old serious sam. This looks mind blowing, lol. I can't believe Sam is BACK.

Serious Sam 2 sucked. The first one, and second encounter were awesome. Serious Sam 2 sucked, because of consolitis.

I'm feeling a bit mixed from the photos. Serious Sam was always about throwing hundreds, or thousands of enemies at you, and all I see is one or two. The game isn't anywhere near finished, so it could be due to that.

Console systems lack memory in a pretty bad way, and game developers had to work around this. You know, few enemies on screen and SUPER HIGH DETAIL enemies. The maps are linear, and don't offer super large maps to explore. You know, the complete opposite of Serious Sam.

BFE = Bum Fuck Egypt. So many sites are saying "we don't know what it means!". It's meant to represent a place out in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully they will have a PAX booth I can spend half my weekend in.

I have no doubts SS will deliver, unlike... khmm, some other game featuring men with the guns.

Serious Sam 2 sucked. The first one, and second encounter were awesome. Serious Sam 2 sucked, because of consolitis.
based on the demos or a playthrough of the entire game? the "lives" was a bit silly and the humor was also silly but there was a lot of good stuff in the game.

If you have scaling amounts of enemies for 16 players co-op it will be absolutely insane and a day 1 buy for me.

Wow. That looks great! I hope they make it with eyefinity/surround support for the in-game HUD stuff

I just can't get over it. Every time new screens of this thing get shown I just can't get over how amazing it looks in addition to how awesome I know it's going to play.

WOW!

wow,,, looks like the went from one extreme to the other when you compare those screenshots to serious sam 2. Looks more serious that the first game.

Allright.. Pure unadulters FPS MAYHEM!!

Plenty of Ammo and unending enemies!

THIS is what texture resolution should be, not the crappy low rez. textures from console ports. So far I'm really enjoying the SS HD versions in co-op! Day 1 buy for me. (SS are surprisingly the only day 1 buys for me in the last 5 years)

SSam games have also been budget buys. shall have to see if the same holds true. would love to get a 4-pack and distribute to the family, we had so much fun playing coop and DM with SE.

looks amazing, probably be playing it before duke nukem for-never.

lol

cant wait for either, or BF3!!!

Awesome. I always thought SS games looked ahead of their time in terms of texture quality.

it is not at all.

You've obviously never played. Go find yourself a copy of SS 1 for 4.99 and enjoy.

Been playing Serious Sam since day 1 and still play on a regular basis. So I doubt you've played. What part of SS 1 or 2 took place in Fallujah?

"We are a small team and we do all the platforms ourselves. We figured out that handling all those complicated mumbo-jumbos of console development is really just an unreasonable way to add more delay to a game release. So we decided to concentrate on shipping a good game for the PC first, then catch up with the consoles afterwards."

Sweet...

BFE = Bum Fuck Egypt. So many sites are saying "we don't know what it means!". It's meant to represent a place out in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully they will have a PAX booth I can spend half my weekend in.

In this case it might be truly Butt Fuck Egypt as you can see a Mosque in one of screenies :D

Looks awesome. If you plan on playing this game, please BUY it. Don't give a Croteam a reason to rethink it's PC first strategy.

I wonder if the mob density scales with the amount of players playing coop?

"We are a small team and we do all the platforms ourselves. We figured out that handling all those complicated mumbo-jumbos of console development is really just an unreasonable way to add more delay to a game release. So we decided to concentrate on shipping a good game for the PC first, then catch up with the consoles afterwards."

Sweet...

I may have to preorder SS3 - something I rarely do - just to support a developer who still cares about making good PC games.

Back