New Sapphire Xtreme 5850 - ends on 9/15 at 15:13 PDT @ starting $69 buy it now $129

Status
Not open for further replies.

cengique

Weaksauce
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300776346927

I didn't have enough posts in [H] to list it here, so I had to list it on eBay.

All my previous trades on [H] was though PMs. :)

Maybe with these eBay threads I'll get some posts :)

Anyway, do you guys think there is still vaue in 5850 cards? I think it's a great card, still outperforming the 6850.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
recently bought 6 x 5850 for 600 shipped

Ok, that's a good bulk price for 5850s.

The one I'm selling is a repackaged version, though. They came out about a year ago and they have improved performance, cooling and bios. Maybe because of these or because they're EOL, they are selling for $140-150 shipped on eBay in the past week or so:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-10...672?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item27caaf9340

This one isn't even new, but sold for $140:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-Ra...333?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item35bec1eafd

I also found out that 5850 may outperform the next generation 6850 in some aspects:
http://www.hwcompare.com/5916/radeon-hd-5850-vs-radeon-hd-6850/
but in the end they consume more power. When compared with the 7850, the 5850 still has the most number of processors and gigaflops/watt:
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/36269-amd-radeon-hd-7850-vs-6850-vs-5850-clocks/

Maybe this matters only for GPU processing people like the bitcoin miners :)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's because the 58xx series' next gen cards are NOT the 68xx, but the 69xx. The 5850 is the prior gen of the 6950.

Thanks to AMD's STELLAR naming system that keeps things clear...

(and no, I'm not an NVIDIA fanboi, I own two 6970's in XFire so I'm allowed to make comments :) )

I've bought 5850's on these forums for $110 and under shipped. Recently, I bought a new 6950 for $165 shipped. These prices seem to be average for these cards.... on the tech forums. You MIGHT get $129 for that card on ebay, but probably not on this forum.

I don't buy anything at ebay or Craig's List pricing. I feel that those places are for people who don't have access to MicroCenter, Fry's, TigerDirect, Newegg, etc...

I've bought 5850's on these forums for $110 and under shipped. Recently, I bought a new 6950 for $165 shipped. These prices seem to be average for these cards.... on the tech forums. You MIGHT get $129 for that card on ebay, but probably not on this forum.

I don't buy anything at ebay or Craig's List pricing. I feel that those places are for people who don't have access to MicroCenter, Fry's, TigerDirect, Newegg, etc...

I definitely hear you. I bought this card for $160 shipped from Amazon about a year ago. :) I almost never choose eBay when buying new stuff, but I do like it for SELLING stuff :D

But you cannot get these EOL cards on those outlets. Also, I found Fry's and Microcenter have quite high prices unless you really catch special discounts/coupons. But I guess you were probably talking about that. I also like setting up alerts on slickdeals.net. It helps to find those good deals if you're patient.

If you paid $169 for a 6950, then getting this almost equivalent 5850 for $140 shipped is still cheaper (and it's new in sealed box). Although you're getting a bit older firmware, etc.

Well, we'll see how much I'll get for this card on eBay in less than a week. :) I already have >10 people watching the auction and one bid. I normally only get people to participate after several days. So it looks like it is drawing some interest.

EOL cards are just the... END OF LIFE. There are newer, more powerful cards on the market. Tech moves pretty fast and hardware depreciates fairly quickly. I'm not saying that it doesn't have value, just not as much on a tech forum as to the general public.

When I spoke of MicroCenter, Fry's etc... I was speaking of hardware in general, not just videocards.

You are mistaken when you say that a 5850 is "almost equivalent" to a 6950. I've had both cards and the difference was significant. The same could be said for going from a 4890 to the 5850. I paid $165 for the 6950 shipped. I'm sure most people would have paid the $20 difference to get a 6950 over your 5850.

I hope you get as much as you can for that card. I'm just telling what it's worth "here" on this forum. The reason you have 10+ people watching it on ebay, is because each one is hoping to sneak and snipe it "cheap" at the end of the auction. I don't see a reserve, so I'm guessing it'll go for about $85 + shipping.

GLWS

Well, I get your point. Tech forums are not the place for me to sell this card and expect much. Honestly, I agree with you that I would go with a more recent model if the difference was just $20.

About >10 watchers: it was higher than my previous auctions, so it was a relative statement.

Good point about the reserve. I'll be worrying about that now. Although, I like to set the starting bid low and set no reserve so more people bid and get invested in the auction. It's a risk I'm willing to take, but it made the price go higher than I expect before. Though there is no guarantee.

Thanks for all the input guys.

You should get at least $100 shipped out of it. I sold my xfx 5850s for $125 ea. 5xxx is a great series!

Like I said, the going rate for these cards is $100 to $110, shipped.
I'm sure it the OP had listed this card in that price range on the "for sale" forums, he would have already sold it.

Geez

My limit for a good condition 5850 is $115 shipped. i do think you have a good chance getting more then that on ebay/amazon but then you pay fee's so you still end up with less or the same in the end...

Ive had 3 5830 xtremes and they were darn nice cards. nearly silent, run very cool, overclock like beast. if the 5850 xtreme is that way, its still really strong value.

You should get at least $100 shipped out of it. I sold my xfx 5850s for $125 ea. 5xxx is a great series!

Good to hear some buyer's opinions!

Like I said, the going rate for these cards is $100 to $110, shipped.
I'm sure it the OP had listed this card in that price range on the "for sale" forums, he would have already sold it.

Geez

I couldn't because I didn't have the sufficient number of posts on [H]. But I have a few more 5850s that I want to sell, and this is helpful for posting them in the future.

My limit for a good condition 5850 is $115 shipped. i do think you have a good chance getting more then that on ebay/amazon but then you pay fee's so you still end up with less or the same in the end...

Ive had 3 5830 xtremes and they were darn nice cards. nearly silent, run very cool, overclock like beast. if the 5850 xtreme is that way, its still really strong value.

I think the specific card I listed on eBay is going to go for a bit more than that. Right now it's at $107+$16 shipping and there is one more day of bidding. I'll report after it ends, but it looks like eBay is giving a couple of bucks more than the price you are posting even after the fees. Although it's so much easier to do the transaction on the forum.

You're right, the 5850 xtreme is exactly that way. All the 5850s I have are the non-reference 2nd generation designs that came out about a year ago. I never had problems running these cards, but I didn't push OCing beyond their set limits (about 900-920).

i sold my 5850 just right now for 100 picked up off craigslist.. these things still have value!

i sold my 5850 just right now for 100 picked up off craigslist.. these things still have value!

Wow! I didn't think Craiglist would work.

By the way, the eBay listing ended at $115 + shipping. The eBay fees include the shipping cost, so it should total to about $15. I should have about $100 in hand.

However, the winning buyer is from a country that I don't ship to. So now I have to deal with eBay n00bs.. :(

Let's see if I can complete this transaction on eBay...

Both winning bidders walked out on me. I guess I had it coming doing this on eBay. :(

Did anybody from here had an offer for this card? If so PM me please.

I'd take it for $90 shipped. I mean I could get a brand new HD6850 for $145 so that doesn't seem like a bad deal for either one of us.

You should compare 5850 not to 6850, but to 6950 (see posts at the beginning about Radeon naming scheme). $90 is a bit too low for me. How about $110 shipped?

I'd take it for $90 shipped. I mean I could get a brand new HD6850 for $145 so that doesn't seem like a bad deal for either one of us.

$145 for a 6850 is a really bad deal. I bought one new last year for $119 before rebate. Anyrate, id take a 5850 over a 6850 anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back