new samsung spinpoint f3 1tb install

Skull_Angel

[H]ard|Gawd
spinpointf3hdtune.png

this is after a fresh format (full), I was just wondering how this is looking. seems ok judging from other results I've seen on the drive, but I haven't exactly tested many hdds and am looking for anyone else's opinion.

Looks normal. It's pretty nice for a good cheap mechanical.

They are great for the price and can't be beat in speed as they are one of the top speed hard drives out there on the market.

Looks at the F_Sexy_Din.... folder and smiles.

Looks at the F_Sexy_Din.... folder and smiles.

lol, ffxi dat mod. I use to do a bit, but now mostly downloads. lost all my editing programs a month or so back along with the majority of my base models when my OS went kaput. still not too clear what happened, but had to do a full reformat an' install (most likely something I downloaded and opened w/o scanning, first time it's happened in nearly 4 years, lol).

basically I've been waiting for ffxiv dat modding tools to pop up an' start clean on a new game, lol (the devs really killed ffxi with increasing the level cap and adding more gear this late in it's life cycle...).

doing some retests. here's just under 2 months of use with ~410gb stored on the drive.

33098077.jpg

kinda concerned about the dips at the end. drive isn't shown to be fragmented and the test shown is after running window's disk error checking.

Greetings good people:

Im not familiar with short stroking but i´ve heard the term spun around a lot.

Anyway, would it be of any benefit to short stroke a 1TB spinpoint f3 to 500GB?

The use of this drive will be mainly for gaming. The OS will be in another drive a WDGreen and right now im not planing to put an OS in the Samsung drive.

Another question independent of short stroking. Would it be beneficial in any way to partition this drive in two 500GB partitions?

Back