New Samsung Magician is out...

I would like to see it work with server 2012 R2 but I do not expect support for that.. A little frustrating I can not use RAPID with my 1TB 850 pro.

I installed it yesterday. What exactly is better about the RAPID? I've been using it for a couple of months now. Not sure I really notice much of a difference other than the ridiculous speed tests.

I installed it yesterday. What exactly is better about the RAPID? I've been using it for a couple of months now. Not sure I really notice much of a difference other than the ridiculous speed tests.

Apparently RAPID doesn't improve things except for the benchmarks. All it is is just RAM caching of IO stuff.

This graphic from AT's 850 Pro review is pretty telling:

64879.png

I've got an 850 Pro 128GB and there is no experience difference to note with it on or off. I keep it on cause i like seeing insane benchmark numbers ;)

I got a BSOD boot loop after upgrading to SM 4.5 and it looks like I'm not the only one. Had to do a system restore to get back into Windows. Looks like it is something to do with the updated RAPID.

Hello,
I did some experiment by deleting some Rapid mode registry entries before magician ask for reboot to enable Rapid and I got the same BSOD.

Those who face the issue in enable rapid can run the attached batch file and share the generated "AllRapidRegs.txt" created in current folder.

Please create LogAllRapidRegs.bat with following commands.

echo "*************** HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ***************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt
reg query HKLM /f "Rapid Mode" /d /s >>AllRapidRegs.txt
echo "**************************************************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt

echo "*************** HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ***************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt
reg query HKCR /f "Rapid Mode" /d /s >>AllRapidRegs.txt

echo "*************** HKEY_CURRENT_USER ***************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt
reg query HKCU /f "Rapid Mode" /d /s >>AllRapidRegs.txt

echo "*************** HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ***************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt
reg query HKLM /f "SamsungRapid" /d /s >>AllRapidRegs.txt

echo "*************** HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ***************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt
reg query HKCR /f "SamsungRapid" /d /s >>AllRapidRegs.txt

echo "*************** HKEY_CURRENT_USER ***************" >>AllRapidRegs.txt
reg query HKCU /f "SamsungRapid" /d /s >>AllRapidRegs.txt
dir C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SamsungRapid* >>AllRapidRegs.txt
---------------------------

If I can get the log of Rapid registries, I might help in enable the Rapid mode without issue.

Last edited:
Those who face issue in Magician Rapid mode update. Whether you have updated KB3004394 win 7 patch?

If so did you try enabling the Rapid mode after updating KB3024777 (which is a fix for KB3004394 win 7 patch)

Pls let me know the if you still have issue in enabling rapid mode in KB3024777 patch also?

Last edited:
Back