New Samsung Ad Attacks Apple for 10 years of inferior iPhones

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Samsung strikes back at Apple in this interesting YouTube video. In a nut shell they are saying what Android fans have been saying for years; Apple adopts every feature after Samsung. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Watch the video here.

The lines waiting for the new iphone was funny. Who does that? I think for those that want a smartphone that is so easy to use should stick with the software apple delivers however it's true that innovation at apple has been an after thought lately. Their not pushing any sort of envelope at all these days.

The lines waiting for the new iphone was funny. Who does that? I think for those that want a smartphone that is so easy to use should stick with the software apple delivers however it's true that innovation at apple has been an after thought lately. Their not pushing any sort of envelope at all these days.

I actually saw a great video on YouTube of a guy who made a video about the wait lines ever since the iPhone 6, which is that 80% of the people waiting in line are just reselling the phone. It was also strange to see the vast majority of people being old Asian people who are basically hired by others to stand in line for them. There was even a young mother who was standing in line with their infant for hours and hours just to make a couple extra bucks.

Here's the video... "The Black Market takes over the iPhone 6 lines."

Personally, I like the commercial and appreciate the subtlety.

What subtlety? Pay attention to the haircut on the guy waiting in line to get the iPhone X. :D
HAHA! The first time I watched it, I noticed the hair was odd. It wasn't until I paused it at the right moment that I realized that his haircut is a very particular shape. I wonder how much they had to pay him to shave his hair like that :p

Last edited:
Saying they’ve been copying Samsung for 10 years is false. 10 years ago Samsung was not the juggernaut of smartphones it is today. The first Galaxy phone was 2 years after iPhone even.

As an iPhone user, I can't disagree with this at all. Where Apple wins for me is corporate support. I couldn't tell you if it is Apple themselves, the MDM software companies, or corporate policies.. but Android support in our company is horrible. Even simple things like just getting email has to jump through so many hoops it isn't funny. You can use Touchdown or the MDM email client, both of which blow chunks. There are multiple company applications that just will not work with Android at all. Add the fact that no rooting or boot rom changes are allowed, and you just neutered one of the biggest draws the Android community likes to praise.
It doesn't help that I suffered for 2 years with a Samsung Galaxy 3.. and vowed never again to use a Samsung device after that. Battery issues, signal issues, lack of corporate support.. heck one update required a alphanumeric pin to be entered to unlock instead of just a standard numeric pin because of encryption! Not to mention that if I remember correctly it even stopped getting updated Android versions long before the two years was up. NFC was fun to play with, but never seemed to work quite right. I did really like being able to pair more than one bluetooth device and set my earpiece to use for the phone while my FM transmitter was set to media for commuting. I can't understand why that isn't a standard feature by now for Apple.

I owned an iphone 3g back in the day i bought off craigslist and have been an android user ever since. A few days ago I was playing with an iphone5 a coworker needed some help with and I'm not gonna lie, I really liked it. It just seemed snappy, clean, smooth, phone felt great, nice form factor (and this phone is TINY by today's standards), scrolling through webpages was crisp and fluid (i like the subtle screen flick delay so that the page doesnt just scroll to infinity). It was a good experience and I can see the appeal. Not sure if this really applies to the more ginormous iphones today.

I did really like being able to pair more than one bluetooth device and set my earpiece to use for the phone while my FM transmitter was set to media for commuting. I can't understand why that isn't a standard feature by now for Apple.
You can have multiple Bluetooth pairings connected at once but yeah I’m pretty sure there are no controls for which does what. (And all I do is Fitbit plus earbuds :/)

It was a good experience and I can see the appeal. Not sure if this really applies to the more ginormous iphones today.

I’m not thrilled about the ever increasing screen size, and less thrilled that specs wise the highest tier is limited to the larger screen.
The crisp smooth experience is the same though across devices, with excellent one handed implementations at the OS level. One handed keyboards and using the home button to bring the top of the screen down to the bottom half.

Samsung strikes back at Apple in this interesting YouTube video. In a nut shell they are saying what Android fans have been saying for years; Apple adopts every feature after Samsung. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Watch the video here.

Except for the entire interface and fundamental utility.

Sure, apple is strait up copying android.

another20android20prptotype202008-11352339.jpeg

Apple should release a commercial to talk about Samsung’s abandonment of phones, buggy OEM software and how gimmicky their features are.

Saw the shorter 30sec bit during a football game yesterday nearly died laughing when I saw the adapter with multiple wires just to use headphones.

Apple should release a commercial to talk about Samsung’s abandonment of phones, buggy OEM software and how gimmicky their features are.
That would bring the equal amount of criticism right back to them.....iphone 4 vs 4s? introduction to siri which Apple claimed only worked on the 4s. Only people being fooled here is the consumer because these companies are all trying to set trends which may or may not be a good idea. (example: lack of headphone jack as a new trend.)

Still rockin my iphone 5S. It's a good little phone that does everything I need it to.

I did a massive upgrade from iPhone 5s to SE this weekend. The entire backup process was so a breeze.

I'd really appreciate it if one of these companies could reinnovate a replaceable battery and external flash memory. I don't care about playing games on my phone, I don't care about getting even faster internet on my phone, I don't care about a 0.5mm smaller bezel, or 0.3 ounce less weight. I care about a replaceable battery and being able to carry and access a lot of data through flash memory cards.

Too bad those have been "innovated" away.

i don't understand the hair joke...

anyway, ALL phones are "good enough" these days... get whatever you like.
This. Just the same with most AMD/Intel cpu's.
I get the Android because I have always used it and my tablet is Android. Wife uses Apple products.

I'd really appreciate it if one of these companies could reinnovate a replaceable battery and external flash memory. I don't care about playing games on my phone, I don't care about getting even faster internet on my phone, I don't care about a 0.5mm smaller bezel, or 0.3 ounce less weight. I care about a replaceable battery and being able to carry and access a lot of data through flash memory cards.

Too bad those have been "innovated" away.

There are Android options out there for people such as yourself. I mean, between having a super thin battery case on my phone, charger at the office, charger at home, charger in the car... how much do you really need to change batteries? I noticed myself that when I felt like I REALLY needed a replaceable battery that I hardly ever used it. I always had a spare battery in my wallet, but my phone is rarely not charging. If you want a phone to have a replaceable battery then check out some of the Android phones that do this and/or check out some thin battery cases.

To be perfectly fair, berating the competition in commercials was an Apple first.
Sorry Samsung, this commercial is copying the "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac" commercials of yore.

Haha

However, Apple did not adopt Samsung's ability to unlock a phone with just a picture of your face.

If you're going to be first, make sure you do it right.

I mean can you brag about a first-to-market slow-as-fuck retina scanner ?

It's like some chinese company coming out with a 1000-mile/charge electric car that handles like shit and has an exploding battery.

Reads like a bitter 'I invested XX money into the Apple Cool-Aid bowl and I'll be damned if I'll accept it was wrong' type of post - sorry.

To address the Android issues - correct, eh, that's on Google and the last point is a YMMV sort of thing.

Reads like a bitter 'I invested XX money into the Apple Cool-Aid bowl and I'll be damned if I'll accept it was wrong' type of post - sorry.

To address the Android issues - correct, eh, that's on Google and the last point is a YMMV sort of thing.
Yeah, I am not sure what he is on about. I have had my note 5 for 2 years and it still performs awesome. I do have a good case on it and have dropped it but never broke anything.
Hell, I even dropped it in a paint bucket at work. Cleaned it off and no prob. :)
I am sure some people might experience things, since not everybody uses it the same.

I'm the opposite of an Apple fanboi. I did own a 3GS; it was my first smartphone, and I had it for over 4 years until apps started coming out that wouldn't run on the version of iOS that the phone maxed out on. Been all Android (and some Amazon devices) all the time since then; my current phone is an S8.

Having said that...the ad's hilarious, but in the interest of fairness, they could have at least had a Galaxy Note explode in his girlfriend's hand at some point in the ad... :LOL:

Saying they’ve been copying Samsung for 10 years is false. 10 years ago Samsung was not the juggernaut of smartphones it is today. The first Galaxy phone was 2 years after iPhone even.

Yea but every part of the ad is true. Samsung had micro SD card slots, pen input, wireless charging, waterproof, curved screen, all those things before apple. It still has a headphone jack. Explain where the ad gets it wrong

There are Android options out there for people such as yourself. I mean, between having a super thin battery case on my phone, charger at the office, charger at home, charger in the car... how much do you really need to change batteries? I noticed myself that when I felt like I REALLY needed a replaceable battery that I hardly ever used it. I always had a spare battery in my wallet, but my phone is rarely not charging. If you want a phone to have a replaceable battery then check out some of the Android phones that do this and/or check out some thin battery cases.

I'm a UPS driver. I use my phone 10-14 hours a day listening to audio books and podcasts via Bluetooth and using my GPS frequently. I can't charge my phone. I can use an external charger but it gets hot in my pocket, they break after around a month of daily use, and they mess up my phone's battery by charging it during use.

I will be looking into a phone with a replaceable battery though. I hope I'll be able to find one.

I would have agreed with this before the iPhone 6 launched and finally caught up with Android phones when it comes to screen size.

These days, not so much. True, Apple hasn't innovated my on the phone front lately, but neither have Android based brands. Phones in general have kind of just stagnated piling on useless flashy crap features instead of real improvements.

One advantage Apple has is their amazing mobile chips that outperform anything else out there in a phone by a country mile. Not that it really matters though. Even my 2013 Nexus 7 is fast enough to browse the web and email...

As an iPhone user I will admit that Apple can be behind the times when it comes to implementing new hardware and other features, there's no doubt about that. But please Samsung, take a look at yourself before you start throwing stones. Case in point? TouchWiz. Not only is TouchWiz a dumpster fire but that damn thing is exploding!!!

And not only that but if one buys an $800 flagship device it better damn well be supported for no less than four fucking years!!! Where did the $800 go? Oh... I forgot, into the already overstuffed pockets of the C-Level people at the top. At least if you don't want to support it the least you could do is release a God damn update that unlocks the fucking device so that the modding community can do as they please but of course they won't fucking do that because... oh yeah, money. Oh and while you're at it... release the fucking source code for the drivers so we can build custom kernels!!! Oh I forgot... Qualcomm won't let that happen.

Last edited:
Yea but every part of the ad is true. Samsung had micro SD card slots, pen input, wireless charging, waterproof, curved screen, all those things before apple. It still has a headphone jack. Explain where the ad gets it wrong
The 10 years part is all I take issue to. Maybe I just am wrong but how much better/what was copied off of Samsung’s pre Galaxy I (2010/iPhone 4) or Galaxy S2 (2011/ 4S) phones?

It's still a %#@$@$@$@ Samsung with Android no matter how you flip it. It's like saying, hey, Chevrolet had this feature before Honda..... Well, it's not Honda. I will stick to my iPhone SE. People must be crazy being $1000 for a smartphone.

Last edited:
I actually saw a great video on YouTube of a guy who made a video about the wait lines ever since the iPhone 6, which is that 80% of the people waiting in line are just reselling the phone. It was also strange to see the vast majority of people being old Asian people who are basically hired by others to stand in line for them. There was even a young mother who was standing in line with their infant for hours and hours just to make a couple extra bucks.

Here's the video... "The Black Market takes over the iPhone 6 lines."

tumblr_lx8l1dy5qf1r35hxmo1_500.jpg

And you’d be wrong, but I expect that with the rabid anti-Apple posters here.

Good luck with that “ guanteed” year of support! Won’t ever be fooled into buying another Samsung phone.

Back